Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI: League of Ireland Fixtures (Week 15), May 30-Jun 3, 2014

2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

How do you know my club doesn't ban fans? You'd swear we were the only club that have a handful of idiots who do stupid things every now and then.

In the past anytime your "fans" caused trouble in Oriel, its always from the same group of lads so they obvs are not getting banned.

There was an arrest in Oriel a few years back of one of your fans, it was in the local paper when he was up in court in Dundalk, 2 years later the same lad was in the paper again after getting arrested at Oriel....Dosnt take rocket scientist to make out he was never banned by Rovers

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭miroslavklose

In the past anytime your "fans" caused trouble in Oriel, its always from the same group of lads so they obvs are not getting banned.

There was an arrest in Oriel a few years back of one of your fans, it was in the local paper when he was up in court in Dundalk, 2 years later the same lad was in the paper again after getting arrested at Oriel....Dosnt take rocket scientist to make out he was never banned by Rovers
    The gob****es who went nuts in Oriel and were identified a few years back were banned. A number of other old school tossers in their 50s are banned from Tallaght but show up at away matches to throw their weight around and a minority of stupid kids look up to them. It's an unfortunate element but they're pussy cats.

What happened tonight, as far as I've been told, is that a few lads threw flares on the pitch, the referee stopped the match and said if it happened again he'd take a ten minute break, but it didn't happen again because the majority of the crowd put manners on them. The same thing happened in Tallaght for the title-winning game a couple of years back, a little girl was hit with a flare and got burned, and the majority of the crowd were horrified and put manners on them. I don't know if they were subsequently banned but I hope they were.

Nevertheless, people need to stop exaggerating things like this. Young lads will get rowdy and do stupid things. They didn't hurt anyone and they stopped being pricks when they got warned. Talking about banning away fans is ridiculous, especially when I can guarantee every single club in the league would oppose it. Dundalk FC are fully entitled to ban Shamrock Rovers if they want but I don't think it makes me a psychic to predict they won't.

The gob****es who went nuts in Oriel and were identified a few years back were banned. A number of other old school tossers in their 50s are banned from Tallaght but show up at away matches to throw their weight around and a minority of stupid kids look up to them. It's an unfortunate element but they're pussy cats.

What happened tonight, as far as I've been told, is that a few lads threw flares on the pitch, the referee stopped the match and said if it happened again he'd take a ten minute break, but it didn't happen again because the majority of the crowd put manners on them. The same thing happened in Tallaght for the title-winning game a couple of years back, a little girl was hit with a flare and got burned, and the majority of the crowd were horrified and put manners on them. I don't know if they were subsequently banned but I hope they were.

Nevertheless, people need to stop exaggerating things like this. Young lads will get rowdy and do stupid things. They didn't hurt anyone and they stopped being pricks when they got warned. Talking about banning away fans is ridiculous, especially when I can guarantee every single club in the league would oppose it. Dundalk FC are fully entitled to ban Shamrock Rovers if they want but I don't think it makes me a psychic to predict they won't.

You forgot to mention the 4 lads that were arrested tonight, and the pitch invasion was left out of your post too

If Rovers cause trouble in Oriel again (which they will), I would not be surprised if we either A. Limit your tickets to 250 max or B. a total ban on away fans

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭miroslavklose

You forgot to mention the 4 lads that were arrested tonight, and the pitch invasion was left out of your post too

If Rovers cause trouble in Oriel again (which they will), I would not be surprised if we either A. Limit your tickets to 250 max or B. a total ban on away fans
    Like I said, I wasn't there so I don't know about the pitch invasion or the arrests, but I wouldn't excuse it.

Dundalk have never once limited tickets for Shamrock Rovers fans. They allow away fans to pay in at the gate. That suggests to me they want the money more than they want to spare the children of Dundalk the emotionally scarring experience of a few lads running around a corner flag. Like I said, they're fully entitled to ban away fans and they can do so whenever they want, but they never have done and have never shown any willingness to do so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

This should go in the humour thread tbh

10341432_859718177375458_2740195544335544256_n.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

*Shudder* ^^

I find though that when you click on their Twitter profiles and dig through their tweets that they're just 15/16 year old lads looking for some attention from living in another wise dreary life! It's all a bit sad realy tbh.

BpFmpQYIQAAYsOu.jpg:large

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,954 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

:confused:

Sounds like Dundalk have a problem with their security, leeting known hooligans into their ground.

Zebra3 wrote: »
    :confused:

Sounds like Dundalk have a problem with their security, leeting known hooligans into their ground.

Thats very true our security or lack of it is a joke, although should it not be upto the Shamrock Rovers officials (who be at the away gate in Oriel) to identify such fans to the Dundalk stewards?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Getting sick of these little toe rags in our grounds to be honest. When we went 1-0 against Rovers in the 4-0 their fans decided to come onto the pitch and walk towards our stand throwing shapes and objects. Did the same in Tallaght also. Then our knobends decide to throw bottles at Luke Byrne in Tallaght 2 weeks ago and it was the same set of gobsh*tes that were goading Dundalks young lads on friday just gone. Hardly looked at the game once, just calling them runaways etc. Although a good lot of their eejits were at it too. The recent dopes from Bohs are all between 17-21 I would guess. All wearing stupid hats and hoolie clothing and always fashionably 5 mins late. Really fancy themselves as casuals. Would love to see them hammered out of it or better yet , banned.

• Advertisement

Omackeral wrote: »
    Getting sick of these little toe rags in our grounds to be honest. When we went 1-0 against Rovers in the 4-0 their fans decided to come onto the pitch and walk towards our stand throwing shapes and objects. Did the same in Tallaght also. Then our knobends decide to throw bottles at Luke Byrne in Tallaght 2 weeks ago and it was the same set of gobsh*tes that were goading Dundalks young lads on friday just gone. Hardly looked at the game once, just calling them runaways etc. Although a good lot of their eejits were at it too. The recent dopes from Bohs are all between 17-21 I would guess. All wearing stupid hats and hoolie clothing and always fashionably 5 mins late. Really fancy themselves as casuals. Would love to see them hammered out of it or better yet , banned.

100% agree, Drogheda got rid of the lads that were causing trouble last season, but they are back now and caused trouble in Oriel during the 7-0, breaking seats throwing stuff on the pitch etc...
    We have banned a few (not enough IMO) but more needs to be done by all clubs to try get rid of these clowns!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

Quick question. Pats are playing Drogheda Utd tonight in Richmond. I'm only around the corner from there tonight with not much else on. Would it be weird to go to it having gone to my own team's match on Friday? Do any of you go to games of other clubs? Cup final maybe but a regular League game seems weird. Or am I just being odd?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Quick question. Pats are playing Drogheda Utd tonight in Richmond. I'm only around the corner from there tonight with not much else on. Would it be weird to go to it having gone to my own team's match on Friday? Do any of you go to games of other clubs? Cup final maybe but a regular League game seems weird. Or am I just being odd?

ahm, no you're not weird. You like football. Go watch it if you want!

No quite often would pop up to Drogheda if they were playing a night we were not, usually go in with the away fans.
    Have been to a few Rovers Bohs games over years aswell

See nothing wrong with it, Enjoy hopefully its a 3-3 classic for you :D

No quite often would pop up to Drogheda if they were playing a night we were not, usually go in with the away fans.
    Have been to a few Rovers Bohs games over years aswell

See nothing wrong with it, Enjoy hopefully its a 3-3 classic for you :D

You're encouraging me to go in with the Drogheda fans basically... F45Ultras newest member :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Nothing weird about that at all. I sometimes go to UCD or Bray matches if Pat's are playing away and I can't make it.

You're encouraging me to go in with the Drogheda fans basically... F45Ultras newest member :p

No I only go in with away fans when Im in United Park,

You may as well go in with the home fans, I cant imagine Drogheda will have many and will they prob will only open the corner of the Stand for them and not behind the goals!

You could always jump in your car and come to watch "hopefully" another magnificent Dundalk home performance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭overshoot

you being odd asking :p

often head to sligo rovers games with the aul man and went to plenty of games in dublin (bohs probably got the majority) when i was in college there

You could always jump in your car and come to watch "hopefully" another magnificent Dundalk home performance

I've seen enough of them this week, thanks all the same!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

anncoates wrote: »
    Put that on fcuking twitter, Keane. :)

absolutely delighted for him
    Thats very true our security or lack of it is a joke, although should it not be upto the Shamrock Rovers officials (who be at the away gate in Oriel) to identify such fans to the Dundalk stewards?

umm..no...if I ban someone, it's up to me to stop them coming in. Perhaps Dundalk could water one half of the terrace before the game and the other at half time :)

• Advertisement

Cracker from Git Forrester after a sublime crossfield ball from Fahey.

Pats 1- 0 Drogs

2-0 to Pats now. Christy Fagan. Easy for the Inchicore boys so far

3-0. Jesus must be handy following these! Conan Byrne with a tap in

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

4-1 Dundalk. Scored too early and ended up being steamrolled.
    But it doesn't help when the referee gives you absolutely nothing.

4-0 to the Saints now. Forrester finishing off a beautiful team goal. Fantastic ball from Pats , very easy on the eye.

5-0 Pats. Conan Byrne again. A few triangle passes and a slip in behind the defence.

6-0!

Byrne hat trick

Played the last 10 with 10 men and still scored, ref blew up on 90.

If Horgan sent out the team in that shape he deserves to be sacked, A high line with 5 in the middle letting Brennan and Fahey have all the time in the world is not a very good tactic.

Horgan sacked?

Please get Roddy please get Roddy!!!!!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

3 away fans at Oriel Park today :pac:
    Better performance in the second half but it could have been 6 or 7 at half time. I've never seen us so bad at defending corners and that's saying something.

Also, according to the referee, two yellow cards don't result in a red :confused::confused::confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

Not pretty but thought we were just about worth the win overall. Played OK in the first half and somehow stopped Sligo scoring in the second with 2 or 3 clearances off the line. That said, Zayed really should have scored at the end. Our caution and lack of goals is going to cost us long-term though I feel.

Good to see Keane finally scoring for Rovers too.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

even better when Keane missed the header. His line of achievements he can list in the last 5 years is now complete.

Interesting to see how the FD side get on tonight if they go behind. Heads might drop again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,936 ✭✭✭kksaints

We were very impressive last night against what was the worst performance Ive seen in Richmond Park. Drogs were so awful. We were on top form as well though. Some of the passes our midfield played were a joy to watch and the movement of our players was fantastic. Conan Byrne was brilliant and fully deserved his hatrick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,566 ✭✭✭✭CSF

kksaints wrote: »
    We were very impressive last night against what was the worst performance Ive seen in Richmond Park. Drogs were so awful. We were on top form as well though. Some of the passes our midfield played were a joy to watch and the movement of our players was fantastic. Conan Byrne was brilliant and fully deserved his hatrick.

The way Conan Byrne was treated by Alan Mathews makes me despise the man all the more. Such a good player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

CSF wrote: »
    The way Conan Byrne was treated by Alan Mathews makes me despise the man all the more. Such a good player.

Great player, but a moany bollox!

Advertisement