Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

post removal wrongly denied

Options
  • 29-05-2014 4:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 39

The post is in a thread I started and is called "HSE Jobbridge vs Revenue 10 week job". It was posted under Biz-Personal-Work & Jobs. I am not allowed to post a link.

The defamatory post was made by Dr Turk Turkleton and said:
    "....I think that the HSE job would be a better fit for you anyhow as you seem to lack the ability for basic maths and comprehension. They would be the sort of traits revenue would be looking for as they seem to be the only branch of the state that works. In summary HSE would probably suit you down to the ground."

I reported the message saying it was ""Personal attack which is baseless, incorrect and slanderous.". I expected it to be removed immediately due to the seriousness of the offence as there was no information on my earlier posts to base such a statement and even if there was it is against boards rules to:
    •treat others with disrespect
    •defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the rights
    •post any abusive, harmful, vulgar, obscene, sexually explicit, indecent, profane, inappropriate, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable Material

This is the email that I sent to the Mod after seeing that it only received a warning and the Mod's reply.

While the Mod does explain that it was not bullying by definition but admits it was everything else, they still have not provided an effective remedy. This is extremely distressing to me as it was totally uncalled for and against boards rules. The sophistication of the phrasing is also to be noted as the offender tries to disguise the maliciousness of the attack by saying "you seem" but then further slandering me and my suitability for the job.
    It is incomprehensible that a warning be given but the comment to be left on display as if it is still allowable or acceptable and available for other viewers to thank the post which further perpetrates the personal attack element of the post and further breaching your rules

Hopefully you can see this as unacceptable as it is. I understand that there are lots of different types of personalities etc on here but this was not a case of me being sensitive but somebody personally attacking someone else for no apparent reason

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,312 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Moved from DRP as this isn't DRP related. Illegitimately posted PMs have also been removed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Zemmirz

Spear wrote: »
    Moved from DRP as this isn't DRP related. Illegitimately posted PMs have also been removed.

Sorry, I was given the link to here from the Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 25,955 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

My bad, I pointed the user to DRP without realising it's only for bans. Apologies.

Anyways, the thread concerned is here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=90606324#post90606324

And the post which I declined to delete is here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=90583749&postcount=20

I notice the user has now deleted the post in which s/he replied to and quoted the post she wants deleted.

I'm happy for admins to look at my PM to the user: my key point is that I want the post to stay visible to other users so they can see that it's not acceptable to be that mean to fellow-posters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Zemmirz

And my main point is that I don't want to be the poster boy for those who get treated in a way which is against boards.ie rules, which even the Mod is admitting were broken.
    I should receive a remedy for having witnessed this, not be reminded of it every time I visit the thread to reply to people.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

As user has closed his account, I will now close the thread.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement