Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pc powers on but doesn't display

Options
  • 29-05-2014 4:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭

Hey guys,

I hope someone on here might be able to help. I bought a second hand pc and have turned it on but nothing displays on my monitor. The monitor definitely works perfectly so its the pc. I have reset the CMOS, reseated all parts and removed as much dust as possible. There is no dedicated graphics card.

It is connected via a working vga cable.

Any ideas? Everything boots fine seemingly, no beeps or anything.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83,277 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Was it functioning when you bought it

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭Slksht

It's a second hand man so no it was like this when bought. How did you set it to vga? Would clearing the CMOS do that?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

He means check that the monitor is set to VGA input. Usually multi input monitors that have VGA, DVI and HDMI will switch automatically butbyours may be stuck in DVI mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,748 ✭✭✭degsie

Slksht wrote: »
    It's a second hand man so no it was like this when bought. How did you set it to vga? Would clearing the CMOS do that?

So you bought it knowing it had problem outputting video?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭T-Bird

perhaps there might have been a card in it before and had been removed? You might have to move a jumper perhaps.

• Advertisement
Advertisement