Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone on the IEC waiting list been called up yet?

Options
  • 29-05-2014 5:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi All

I am on the waiting list for the IEC visa, I am about 250 off the 7700. has anyone been called up yet? do you think I have a good chance of being called up this summer?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭jaymcg91

I'd say so, especially in the next few weeks. The CALs of the first 3500 that were successful but didn't use them will be expiring during June (based on them doing their IEC in March), so the first few people on the list should be optimistic!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 mad4avisa

Brill, cheers, Good to get some positive feed back, the waiting game is horrid, but I have everything crossed
    Thanks for the reply

• Registered Users Posts: 45 incaseiforget

Yep! Message to compass account TODAY saying place available...payments and resume to be submitted by 10th of June.

Congratulations buddy! What number were you :)?

Big Congrats, Yea I got call the weekend also, chuffed!!!

• Advertisement

Hi all and thanks ..in the low 7,800's...need to double check for exact number!! Need to send off docs today..get ball rolling! Still can't believe it...

I did it all this morning, just waiting now for the next step, my WTN was around 7950

mad4avisa wrote: »
    I did it all this morning, just waiting now for the next step, my WTN was around 7950

Best of luck!! Now the wait!

same too you, Im hoping it doesnt come through until around July actually ,as Im taking a little trip over at the end of the month, but dont want to activate the Visa just yet, but either way Im delighted, been a year waiting for this. Anyone any ideas how long they take to come through?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Canada2015

Has anyone else on the waiting list had any luck? I'm in the 9000's unfortunately :( should I give up hope?

• Advertisement

I'd say Defo hold out. I think people in the late 7000 and 8000's even got called up and that was just after the first quota dates were up. I would assume once the 2nd round of quotes dates expire they will do more again, and possibly have even more places again once they filter through the rest. Stay positive

I'd say Defo hold out. I think people in the late 7000 and 8000's even got called up and that was just after the first quota dates were up. I would assume once the 2nd round of quotes dates expire they will do more again, and possibly have even more places again once they filter through the rest. Stay positive

Exactly, I know 3 people that all applied in the first round, and none of them decided to do it in the end. No biggie, they're CALs expired and the next 3 people in line got them!

Thanks for the encouragement, we haven't heard anything yet but I suppose no news is good news for now. We're not even sure we'll take up on the visas now after reading some of the stories on here!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Jemmerson2101

Hi all, I've got a WTN 8100 number.... Anyone close to this had the message..?

I know someone around 8400 who got an email this morning to say they were called up, so hopefully you got one two, you should have anyway :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Grainne Mc

This thread is filling me with some hope. I submitted my original application in second round of visa back in March but unfortunately this was rejected as my scanned passport image was of a blank page within my passport and not of the actual identification page of my passport.

When they sent me the rejection letter with this reason, I resent them a correct copy of my passport identification page, however they advised that my application could not be revoked and that I would have to reapply again. I did this in April and I am on a waiting list but have heard nothing back since. My WTN number is 009388.

I signed up with USIT and have to book my flights now or lose my €199 deposit so I feel like I'm tempting faith! What makes it worse is that my friend got hers and has to be gone in July next year!!

Grainne Mc wrote: »
    This thread is filling me with some hope. I submitted my original application in second round of visa back in March but unfortunately this was rejected as my scanned passport image was of a blank page within my passport and not of the actual identification page of my passport.

When they sent me the rejection letter with this reason, I resent them a correct copy of my passport identification page, however they advised that my application could not be revoked and that I would have to reapply again. I did this in April and I am on a waiting list but have heard nothing back since. My WTN number is 009388.

I signed up with USIT and have to book my flights now or lose my €199 deposit so I feel like I'm tempting faith! What makes it worse is that my friend got hers and has to be gone in July next year!!

Why on earth did you sign up with USIT, they can't do anything for you except overcharge you for flights and travel insurance :D. My advice would be to save your money and apply next year.

Yea from the sounds of things, USIT just charge crazy money to do the same thing you can do yourself. thats bad luck though, probably made you nervous to try again. I know someone who is about 8590 and they got called up about two weeks ago, so id still have good faith you will get a 2nd shot at it, there will be more in September when the 2nd round dates run out id say, I think you still have a good chance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭shalalala

My friend got called up yesterday and we hadn't thought he would have a chance! Hope for all

I stand corrected, my brother was 95** and has been called up. Some amount of people must have not bothered. Frustrating for people serious about emigrating though.

• Advertisement

I got called up today, delighted!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 41 hungryharry

I has num 9979 and got a email saying a place had come up.i thought it a nigerian scam artist first!!Just a quick question,i only created i have sent my 150$ and required documents and was told they would be in touch if in ten days or so.Does this mean if everything go,s well i have a place or are they handpicked depending on quotas or qualifications etc?

Don,t know why i wrote i have "i only created"wrote there,still getting over Mayo,s defeat

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 173 ✭✭stevie1122

jaymcg91 wrote: »
    I stand corrected, my brother was 95** and has been called up. Some amount of people must have not bothered. Frustrating for people serious about emigrating though.

They got rid of a lot of the places in the young professionals and whatever the other category was called which is why a lot of people got called up I was also 9000 odd on the waiting list and never expected to hear form them but did. Plus some people would have got rejected I know of someone who was rejected because they had a criminal record for urinating on the street.

Anyone any idea what the waiting time is when you send in stage 2 stuff?

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭MentalMario

I had to cancel mine (was at the MyCIC stage) last night as I hadn't the Police Cert back from the Guards. Partly my own fault but I'd to call into the station four times before they'd take the application. Bureaucratic bull****.

Should give somebody on the waiting list a place. I'll apply again next year. Must get myself in order beforehand, this time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Fiddlex

I just been giving a provisional place and to send documents in and pay the fee. when I do it, is there a time limit I have to use the visa if i got it? thanks

One year from when you recieve your Port of Entry letter

• Registered Users Posts: 1 EmerHere

Fiddlex wrote: »
    I just been giving a provisional place and to send documents in and pay the fee. when I do it, is there a time limit I have to use the visa if i got it? thanks

Hey what was your number if you don't mine me asking ?

• Advertisement
Advertisement