Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Value & Good Service Early Bird Menu

Options
  • 29-05-2014 5:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭

Looking for a place with nice service with a nice ambiance and a great menu...

Have seen in previous boards.ie posts that 101 Talbot is apparently great but it doesn't look very nice?

Peploes is another one.

Any other suggestions?

Thinking either 2/3 courses for not more than €30 per person.

We're not fussy about food type but I guess nice seafood/good steak would be nice :)
    Happy with any type of food that is cooked impeccably well!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Price?
    Food Type?

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭rustyzip

Price?
    Food Type?

Sorry, should have said.

Added this info; Thinking either 2/3 courses for not more than €30 per person.

We're not fussy about food type but I guess nice seafood/good steak would be nice :)
    Happy with any type of food that is cooked impeccably well!

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭polydactyl

101 Talbot does great food and is nicer inside than you think. Peploes also lovely! Cant remember exact cost but Marco Pierre White also does nice early bird.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭rustyzip

polydactyl wrote: »
    101 Talbot does great food and is nicer inside than you think. Peploes also lovely! Cant remember exact cost but Marco Pierre White also does nice early bird.

Thanks.

It's to celebrate an anniversary so would love a nice ambiance and nice surroundings :)

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭polydactyl

In that case the interior of Talbot 101 may not be special enough but the other two yes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

I was recently in Cleaver East - they do tasting plates €21 for three tasting plates as an early bird, food was superb, really nice service, no steak but my mum raved about the pork belly and my dad loved some lamb dish they did. They recommend having 3 savoury dishes and then ordering dessert on top as the plates aren't huge at all. But the food and ambiance were great.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

I was impressed with the food on the early bird menu in the restaurant in the Marker Hotel, beside the Grand Canal theatre. The deserts were especially fab. They were quite inventive and not just your bog standard apple pie and vanilla ice cream type deserts that most places serve. The restaurant is on the ground floor, but the hotel has a roof top terrace bar, if you feel like a pre dinner cocktail. It has fab views over the city & its a lovely spot if the weather is nice.

Advertisement