Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned from posting on Teaching by the same Moderator over and over again.

Options
  • 29-05-2014 5:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭

I received a 1 month ban from Armelodie for informing a member who poked fun at a member of the public (The president of the TUI) and it turned out that that original member was wrong in their assertion.

One month seems excessive.

I also posted a PM to this moderator and no reply has been received.

Best wishes,

PF

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Hi, you'll have to discuss the ban with the moderator before I can look into it for you. The ban was only handed out an hour ago. Give it at least a day in case the mod isn't online.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Peter Flynt

Hi, you'll have to discuss the ban with the moderator before I can look into it for you. The ban was only handed out an hour ago. Give it at least a day in case the mod isn't online.

Ok.

Well wait and see the response and the justification for a one month ban

The moderator, Armelodie, has just PMed me and asked me to take the issue up with someone else.

Thanks.

Okay, can you confirm if you are appealing the ban or just the length of the ban?

Okay, can you confirm if you are appealing the ban or just the length of the ban?

Both.

Based on my comment I cannot see a justification for any ban.

A ban for one month is crazy and totally without justification.

Thanks

• Advertisement

Having read the post in question, and having spoken to the mod, I can understand their reasoning behind the ban as your posting style can be abrasive, but I don't believe a ban was justified in this case.

You mentioned that you have been banned by the same mod a few times, so I feel that it is important to let you know that all of the mods are on the same page when it comes to your posting style. You have also come to the attention of an admin, who suggested that the mods increase the length of each ban, hence the one month ban that was handed out this time. I'm telling you this because you have a quite a history in T&L and you are working your way towards a permanent ban from the forum. This would be a pity as I believe (as do the moderators) that some of your contributions are excellent.

If you could tone down the abrasiveness in some of your posts and report posts that you feel need to be dealt with rather than replying to them then I think it will work out just fine.

So, I'll lift the ban and ask you to take on board what I have said. Fair?

Having read the post in question, and having spoken to the mod, I can understand their reasoning behind the ban as your posting style can be abrasive, but I don't believe a ban was justified in this case.

You mentioned that you have been banned by the same mod a few times, so I feel that it is important to let you know that all of the mods are on the same page when it comes to your posting style. You have also come to the attention of an admin, who suggested that the mods increase the length of each ban, hence the one month ban that was handed out this time. I'm telling you this because you have a quite a history in T&L and you are working your way towards a permanent ban from the forum. This would be a pity as I believe (as do the moderators) that some of your contributions are excellent.

If you could tone down the abrasiveness in some of your posts and report posts that you feel need to be dealt with rather than replying to them then I think it will work out just fine.

So, I'll lift the ban and ask you to take on board what I have said. Fair?

Ok.

That's fair enough. I will watch more carefully the tone of my posts in future to prevent any possible offence.

Thanks

Ban lifted.

This thread can be closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement