Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Visiting Glendalough outside opening hours

• 29-05-2014 6:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,313 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    Hoping to ask advice. I see that glendalough visitors centre is open at set hours, but am wondering if it's possible to visit the site outside those hours? I want to visit it at sunrise so probably arrive at about 4-5am, but I don't know if it's possible to gain access at that time. I'm hoping you can of advice as I guess there wouldn't be much to do to kill time at that hour if it's shut and I can't get in! Somebody told me they think the car park is always open and you can go in anytime, but they were not sure.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Doublechinlolz

Just park the car anywhere along the road where there's no double yellow lines and it isn't obstructing traffic.

Then just walk all over the pace and go where you like. Just bring your rubbish with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭antoniolgj

Hi,

I'm a local landscape photographer and have been to Glendalough for sunrise more times that I can count. It's really hassle free.

Usually I park in front of the hotel (there is always space) and walk to where I want to shoot that morning, no problems.

On my way back stop at the hotel and have a nice breakfast is a must... I highly recommend...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,528 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

antoniolgj wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm a local landscape photographer and have been to Glendalough for sunrise more times that I can count. It's really hassle free.

Usually I park in front of the hotel (there is always space) and walk to where I want to shoot that morning, no problems.

On my way back stop at the hotel and have a nice breakfast is a must... I highly recommend...

Agree totally except that breakfast is better up the road in Wicklow Heather!

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭jackjustjumped

Hi,

Do you have any of your stuff online?

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭antoniolgj

Do you have any of your stuff online?

Yep, you can see some of my shots here http://500px.com/TonyGarcia2011

• Advertisement

Yep, you can see some of my shots here http://500px.com/TonyGarcia2011

MY God, your work is stunningly, breathtakingly beautiful.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭jackjustjumped

Some amazing stuff in there, cheers. How much post is involved? Much HDR? Would love a rundown of your workflow!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭Maudi

Ive been on a good few walks leaving out of glendalough and usually the gates to the carparp dont open til 8am..however as sombody mentioned theres ample parking outside. (Obviously just not on double yellows)

Advertisement