Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

School Opening Ceremony

Options
  • 29-05-2014 6:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi,

Just wondering has anybody got any experience with school opening ceremonies and specifically doing a demo presentation/class for some young kids.

The lesson target to showcase to the parents is only for about 20 minutes but it has to have a main focus,some interaction for the students and a 'message' at the end,something for the kids to take away at the end.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Choccie Lover

Mshanoi wrote: »
    Hi,

Just wondering has anybody got any experience with school opening ceremonies and specifically doing a demo presentation/class for some young kids.

The lesson target to showcase to the parents is only for about 20 minutes but it has to have a main focus,some interaction for the students and a 'message' at the end,something for the kids to take away at the end.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

If you look at www.waygook.org and www.eslcafe.com, lots of people have posted ideas/lesson plans they have used for open classes. Lots of people seem to blog about it, too.

I had to do a couple in Korea, but they were with kindergarteners, who had only been learning English for a month, so it wasn't exactly groundbreaking.

I'm not sure where you are teaching, but if it's anywhere similar in mentality to Korea, a thing to keep in mind is to make sure that all the children get an equal opportunity to talk. Of course, you would try to do this anyway, but Korean mommies are bloody forensic with this sort of thing!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Mshanoi

Hey,

thanks a lot.

I will be teaching at this school in a month or two and you are correct about the parents. It will need to be something like that where every kid is getting a chance and progress is being made. All in 20 minutes!

Advertisement