Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leapcard top up mistake €1400

Options
  • 29-05-2014 7:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭

Hi,

I used my AIB debit card to top up my leapcard by €140 (I commute and that does me for the month) but the guy in the shop accidentally charged me €1481 :eek: The money came out of my account straight away.

The manager refunded the money and instead charged me the correct amount, but the refund has not gone through yet (this only happened 30 mins ago). She says the shop is also with AIB. I have direct debits to pay in the next few days.. should the money have been refunded by now?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

3-5 working days.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

ninjabox wrote: »
    Hi,

I used my AIB debit card to top up my leapcard by €140 (I commute and that does me for the month) but the guy in the shop accidentally charged me €1481 :eek: The money came out of my account straight away.

The manager refunded the money and instead charged me the correct amount, but the refund has not gone through yet (this only happened 30 mins ago). She says the shop is also with AIB. I have direct debits to pay in the next few days.. should the money have been refunded by now?

Thanks

no it will probably take a day or two to go through the system as a debit, and then as a refund and be processed back to you

It's basically two transactions that will cancel out the other, the manager has no way of cancelling the first purchase.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭ninjabox

I rang AIB there and they said because it is the same bank it should go through straight away or the next day!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

ninjabox wrote: »
    I rang AIB there and they said because it is the same bank it should go through straight away or the next day!

good stuff :)

Advertisement