Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

preventapuncture.ie

• 29-05-2014 8:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭

Bikeworld do this I believe , has anybody got it ? is it useful ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

<snip>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

I had it in a car years ago. Felt like I'd cheap unbalanced tyres for the first few miles then was OK. Don't know if it worked or not as I never got anything in the tyres.

Tyre fitters don't like it as it makes a mess of the wheel and there's a chance you could drive with something stuck in the tyre which could lead to a bigger issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 95 ✭✭Adzski

Agree with reasons above against 'Tyre fillers' in general.

Have successfully used the Pocket Tire Plugger kit from stopngo.com for a few years now, and find it easy to use, handy and safe.

As always, only recommended for a 'get you home' fix, but I used one at a track day previously and held up fine :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 TheWhiteLimo

Its like Slime Or Ultraseal ... Used mostly in rear tyre on Bandit 600.

Had it in front tyre but gave handling issues at speed ... Plugging kit underseat is the best item to have.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Thread cleaned.

I met the man and woman who own this company at a trade show a while back. Seems like a pretty good system, could get you out of a difficult time if you got a puncture in the middle of nowhere with no tools

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭robinwing

Thanks very much Zascar for the helpful additional information , very much appreciated , pity all the members here are not so willing to assist

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭multiscan

i would use on farm quad and maybe trailer but not on sports bike .

there is serious money spent to lower unsprung weight so deffo I would not be adding more to it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭Wossack

can offset the substantial weight gains by removing your valve caps

Advertisement