Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2014 Applicants

Options
  • 29-05-2014 9:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭

Hey folks
    It's all starting again. Many of you trying again? And as for the 2013 crew that haven't a date are you reapplying for this recruitment drive?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

Going to a one of their recruitment days next week. I'm waiting having passed everything. I was hoping to ask them whether to reapply or not. Then again I'd hate to miss out if they say no need and I still don't get in :-/

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭TDA2

Mop a top wrote: »
    Going to a one of their recruitment days next week. I'm waiting having passed everything. I was hoping to ask them whether to reapply or not. Then again I'd hate to miss out if they say no need and I still don't get in :-/

Do you know where and when they are held? Would be good for all to go as the Pca might be there!

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Batman91

They didn't have the PCA set up at the session I was at but the PCA was shown on a tv screen. They offer you a usb with the video of a woman going around the course at the end of the information session.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭MissJC13

Applied for the first time!
    Any one else a first timer? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22 natka

hey guys! i just applied :)
    at the last one, I failed the assessment centre by 2% :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

TDA2 wrote: »
    Do you know where and when they are held? Would be good for all to go as the Pca might be there!

They're being held all over NI. If you have a look on a PSNI Facebook page or the website I'm sure they'll have the dates and locations on it so you'll be able to find one convenient to you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Blossom89

Applying for the first time haven't put my application in yet as I wanted to get my personal statements right , working on them currently

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 TwentyTwenty

Batman91 wrote: »
    They didn't have the PCA set up at the session I was at but the PCA was shown on a tv screen. They offer you a usb with the video of a woman going around the course at the end of the information session.

The PCA video is on their YouTube page now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭ZeGerman

I wouldn't worry too much about what to put in your personal statements. I asked how important they were at one of the info sessions last campaign and the person from HR told me they are basically a deterrent to stop people who may not be interested in the job applying on a whim. People who know they have no chance of getting in but it looks good when they go to an interview with the dhss etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Dekkers

ZeGerman wrote: »
    I wouldn't worry too much about what to put in your personal statements. I asked how important they were at one of the info sessions last campaign and the person from HR told me they are basically a deterrent to stop people who may not be interested in the job applying on a whim. People who know they have no chance of getting in but it looks good when they go to an interview with the dhss etc.

Yeah agreed, there is no sift at this stage and the personal statements are probably glanced at at the most.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭ZeGerman

As someone said before just don't write "I like guns" 50 times over or go on a rant about 'them'uns' needing thrown into jail for not agreeing with your outlook.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭Gee-22

ZeGerman wrote: »
    As someone said before just don't write "I like guns" 50 times over or go on a rant about 'them'uns' needing thrown into jail for not agreeing with your outlook.

Flip. I'm going to have to rewrite my statements.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭LG1985

I wudnt panic too much about ur personal statement .. The bits to focus on will be the IST and the AC .. :)

Advertisement