Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Giro d'Italia Stage 19–May 30th, Bassano del Grappa-Cima Grappa **Unmasked Spoilers**

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Bo5KqeJIgAAXc0A.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭pelevin

Inquitus wrote: »
    Not sure his TTing is up to it. Froome puts minutes into him and climbs on a par.

But Quintana is certainly getting stronger so it's not as if he's plateaued as a rider.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,754 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

pelevin wrote: »
    But Quintana is certainly getting stronger so it's not as if he's plateaued as a rider.

Uran put nigh on 3 minutes into Quintana on the ITT, Froome TT's better than Uran? No way Quintana wins back 3 minutes plus against Froome in the mountains. I think he knows that and that's why he is riding the Giro.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

Im gonna check in with the Party Bus. See if they've anything to say about Quintana's overshoes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭pelevin

Uran put nigh on 3 minutes into Quintana on the ITT, Froome TT's better than Uran? No way Quintana wins back 3 minutes plus against Froome in the mountains. I think he knows that and that's why he is riding the Giro.

Regarding the first TT Quintana was taking antibiotics for sickness at that point as well as still recovering form a crash. So even with that, he's now 3 minutes ahead of the field. And he's 24 years old. How good was Froome at 24?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,606 ✭✭✭MPFG

Quintana didn't want to ride the Giro....especially after Tirrieno Adriatico where he found road and conditions too difficult but the team persuaded him...he only really wanted to ride the Tour but team has Valverde as leader for the Tour ...a mistake IMO.... Quintna will ride the Tour but I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't beat Valverde

And he will win the Tour in 2/3 years time IMO (if not sooner)

TheBlaaMan wrote: »
    That's twice now that Kelly has thrown out a suggestion that Bardiani are going to have some questions asked of their performances. When Pirazzi took nearly 2 minutes off the best time it was..."interesting", "interesting indeed"......now he thinks that they are serving really strong coffee to Zardini..... :)

Yes...they look remarkedly good in TTs all of a sudden

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭letape

Him vs. Froomey vs. Nibali soon please..

Don't forget Contador

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭simonrooneyzaga

http://www.paddypower.com/bet/cycling/tour-de-france?ev_oc_grp_ids=112173

Paddy's not quoting Quintana for the TDF. Would be interested to see where he'd lie now.

I thought Hesjedal would do better but he dropped his chain in the middle of TT seemingly

I wonder can Aru pass Uran out for second place tomorrow and can Rolland get back on the podium

Of course this Giro really is a climbers grand tour ...the Tour de France is a bit more rounded

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

Where did our man, Oleg, place?

Kenny Dehaes, as feared, has been kicked out for missing the time limit. Broke his chain twice, had no support car or neutral support.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,411 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Kenny Dehaes, as feared, has been kicked out for missing the time limit. Broke his chain twice, had no support car or neutral support.

Fúck, sport can be cruel. You bust your backside for nearly three weeks only to get disqualified with two stages left :(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,411 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

I'm gobsmacked that he retweeted it! :eek:

I'm gobsmacked that he retweeted it! :eek:

Everyone wave to Oleg and all his followers!

o/

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭blobbie

Had to miss today to clear the decks for tomorrow avro.

Just looking at the previews for Zoncolan and between 2.15km & 6.15km the average is 15.4% with a max of 22%. Followed by a slightly more gentle 2k at 13.9%.

As they say on their stage preview video, Welcome to Hell.

Hey Dastardly...where is your preview for tomorrow .....You have to keep a very high standard now that Oleg is tuning in for a read...As you know he only likes winners..:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 663 ✭✭✭laraghrider

Not true. He's riding the giro as Movistar said last year that they wanted to protect him and let him grow organically as a rider. They felt the tour this year would see him as one of the favourites and it may be a bit much pressure. The idea being go to the giro which is a lot less intrusive and pressurised than the tour. If he wins, which looks likely, he has the experience of dealing with that and defending a jersey etc...

Come back to the tour next year having grown away from the circus of France and he'd be a much better experienced rider who has been allowed to nurture elsewhere.

Great decision by Movistar I think. They knew and know they have a star so they want to protect him rather than heap the pressure on him.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,298 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Will movistar stick him in the vuelta? Or go with someone else enyirely like inxausti?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

Here is the final proof that Quintana is, in fact, an alien..................:)

Bo8ufOkCcAA3jpl.jpg
    From official Giro twitter account..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,764 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Snip

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

Snip

Wrong thread guys! Go to stage 20 thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

Wrong thread guys! Go to stage 20 thread!
    Whoops, sorry. That's the one issue with using the auto follow on threads like these :)

Advertisement