Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DB in kitchen cabinet?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,720 ✭✭✭Sir Arthur Daley

Bruthal wrote: »
    They will contribute to fueling a fire once started, but not to the risk due to causing DB components overheating.

I probably over thinking it, wouldnt the clothes tightly packed in front of a db act as an insulator and not allow the bell trafo or other components dissipate its heat?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

I probably over thinking it, wouldnt the clothes tightly packed in front of a db act as an insulator and not allow the bell trafo or other components dissipate its heat?

They would if there was enough heat to dissipate such that the temperature of the items rise to high enough level to cause a fire.

Temperature rise in any item occurs until the heat dissipated away from it = heat input to it. A bell transformer would want to be almost glowing before it would cause a fire. Id say it could be encased in any material, and still wouldnt overheat.

Its a bad idea alright to pack clothes against a DB. But I couldnt see it directly causing a fire, only contributing to one ignited by a problem in the board.

Advertisement