Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Used Car Smart Repart

• 29-05-2014 10:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi,

I bought a used car from a reputable dealership. I found out by accident that the vehicle had repairs carried out to its body work.

The dealership did not advise me of this when I bought it.

I've been told to complain to the dealership about it. Can anyone advise me what my rights are?

Regards,
    E

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

What level of damage was repaired? Cosmetic or structural?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 emptyness

They emailed me a copy of the invoice for the work and it was for spray paint and blend it amounted to 500 euro.

I haven't had any professional look at it so I don't know if there was anything more extensive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

Could have been a scratch or a car park dent repaired. It won't have been huge for €500. I would probably be a bit miffed not to have been told but unconcerned unless you can find a better reason to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 emptyness

That's how it was described. A scuff on the wheel arch. It's an unusual color titanium silver and its also a bmw. The wing is glossier than the door panel. What do you think I should say to the dealership.

Advertisement