Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork City Crimewatch

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭CB19Kevo

Well done to the Guards,Considering the force has been decimated it was lucky there was a patrol car in the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Well done, what comes afterwards is unlikely to be a deterrent.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Dannyboy83

How much would a criminal stand to gain from robbing a service station?
    I would have thought €500 cash would be doing well ?

Doesn't seem like a good risk:reward ratio, but then again, one is probably too dim to know what a ratio is, if resorting to robbing petrol stations anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Dannyboy83 wrote: »

Doesn't seem like a good risk:reward ratio, but then again, one is probably too dim to know what a ratio is, if resorting to robbing petrol stations anyway.

We're not dealing with Masters Degree holders here, I'll wager.

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭clerk

An armed robbery for a few thousand is the most moronic of crimes you could ever commit. Huge risk for very little reward.

There were 4 of them in the car, if they each got a minimum wage job they've earn about €1,200 in a week between them. Morons.

Congrads to the Guards too but they catch most of these morons anyway, contrary to popular opinion.

• Advertisement

clerk wrote: »
    An armed robbery for a few thousand is the most moronic of crimes you could ever commit. Huge risk for very little reward.

There were 4 of them in the car, if they each got a minimum wage job they've earn about €1,200 in a week between them. Morons.

Congrads to the Guards too but they catch most of these morons anyway, contrary to popular opinion.

Apparently they were some heroin addicts from Fairhill.
    Eoin O’Sullivan (26) and Conor O’Connor (33), who are both unemployed today appeared before Judge Olann Kelleher charged with the robbery at the Topaz Service Station in Leitrim Street on May 29th.
    Solicitor Eddie Burke, acting on behalf of Mr O’Sullivan, made an application for bail in the case to facilitate his client’s continued attendance at a methadone programme to deal with his heroin addiction.

Judge Kelleher refused bail and remanded O’Sullivan in custody to appear in court again on Tuesday. He ordered that he receive appropriate medical attention while in custody.

Cork used to feel/seem fairly crime free.
    Still not terrible, but the trend doesn't look good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Cork boy 55

There must CCTV all over that area as well as the garage, clowns
    -
    methadone clinic FFS , I think in Norway or somewhere they just give em the Heroin for free
    There was no/very little heroin in Cork city just a few years now its growing
    with junkies wandering around the streets harassing people just like dublin
    Surely It should be possible to keep it out considering all the bad knock effects
    It should be priority number one for the Guards.

There must CCTV all over that area as well as the garage, clowns
    -
    methadone clinic FFS , I think in Norway or somewhere they just give em the Heroin for free
    There was no/very little heroin in Cork city just a few years now its growing
    with junkies wandering around the streets harassing people just like dublin
    Surely It should be possible to keep it out considering all the bad knock effects
    It should be priority number one for the Guards.

There are very liberal policies in some parts of Europe on all sorts of things, time will tell if they are correct or not. Personally I suspect not.

Wouldn't be up for free heroin to them myself but they can have all the methadone they want via a controlled process.

Pretty scary getting held up at knifepoint by heroin users. Massive pain killer so very little point taking them on. All you can do is catch them l suppose and put them on methadone. They could probably do with some education too by the sounds of it.

Apparently they were some heroin addicts from Fairhill.

Cork used to feel/seem fairly crime free.
    Still not terrible, but the trend doesn't look good.

l've been knocking around Cork City for 20 Years + albeit not so much these Days. :D I started drinking in Cork City at 18, in general it's stricter now that it was back then. :)

Cork City used to be fairly safe at the weekends but around 10 Years for me it took a noticable turn for the worst, especially around chucking out time, fellows getting hopped going down the street who were minding their own business, with a lot of fellows getting heavy beatings by these gangs of thugs. They appeared to me to be on drugs, l was hopped once myself one night outside Lucy park by 4 fellows, totally unprovoked, but l managed to stay on my feet and run away so l guess they moved on the next victim. Drugs were freely available in Cork 20 years ago if you wanted them. The drinking was very heavy too with a lot of fellows l know.

Another thing that started happening more often in the last 7/8 years are the knives. I can literally never remember seeing a knife 20 Years ago, now there appears to be stabbing fairly regularly in the City.

I don't know what it is really, the common denominator just seems to be scumbag behaviour in general, like who in their right mind would want to kick somebody on the ground in the head in an unprovoked assault. A fellow l went to school with took a desperate hiding one night in an unprovoked assault, not sure he was every 100% after, he moved away from Cork after.

Fellow in previous generations to me say fights used to be settled by a punch up, with the winner generally being the man to land the first knockdown punch, generally others would step in then if you tried to fight on and you had to take your medicine. They considered what l was telling them to be very dangerous.

Who decided it was macho to assault one fellow in groups, was what l would like to know, it's cowardice of the highest order.

clerk wrote: »
    Cork City used to be fairly safe at the weekends but around 10 Years for me it took a noticable turn for the worst,

This is a new low for me:
    http://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/cork-schoolboy-5-jabbed-by-drug-addictrsquos-needle-271045.html

A five-year-old schoolboy was jabbed by a heroin addict’s needle which was thrown into his school’s play area minutes before break time yesterday.

The child, who attends North Presentation primary school on the north side of Cork City, picked it up unaware of the danger and was jabbed in the hand, puncturing his skin.

The Heroin problem seems to be getting progressively worse on the Northside of the city.

• Advertisement

http://www.redfm.ie/news/vicious-attack-leaves-victim-traumatised/

The mother of a young man who was viciously attacked in Blackpool on Friday night says her son has been left terrified..

24 year old Patrick Murray had been at a gig in town with his girlfriend and on their way home they stopped at the Commons Road McDonalds
    drive through…

A car and a van came into the car park not long after they arrived and a row between the occupants of the two vehicles broke out…

Up to six people, all in their late teens, one of whom was armed with a hockey stick, were involved in the fight. Patrick was jumped on after he asked
    them to move away from his car…

He was left with broken ribs, bruising and swelling with medics expressing concern at this stage for his back and knee

Speaking on the Neil Prendeville Show his MUM marie describes seeing him in hospital on Friday night .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

Heard on Red fm about the cars on carrs hill having driver side windows/indicators smashed,
    Corks RedFM 104-106
    33 minutes ago
    Neil is talking to Glen, who's wife's car was hit with a stone fired by a group of youths on Carr's Hill last night. Two more cars were hit, one had the drivers side rear window blown in, and there was two young children in the back seat.

what are people up to these days? they were lucky nobody was hurt

Advertisement