Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Let's build our own Jurassic Park!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,279 ✭✭✭Adam Khor

I wonder if anyone has ever seriously thought that sabertooth tigers are the same as tiger-tigers. I mean, cmon, we call Komodo dragons dragons, and we don´t expect them to breathe fire.

Fun read but I think it can be even easier; just get a bunch of these guys and feed them some sort of growth hormone. Voila.

Rhino.Iguana2.jpg

what%20is%20it.jpg.jpg

tumblr_mhyx5raBPt1rxyvj1o1_400.png

flat,550x550,075,f.u1.jpg

green%20basilisk.JPG

Australia-animal-lizard-goanna-GeoWombats.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQISJdNoKmBD5r6PdWRUFM1ekJlR-u5OX4CTUyGPJvOHiuR7gkn

Thorny%20devil%20fore%20quarters%20side%20on%20copy.jpg

Phrynocephalus_mystaceus.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

You'd be amazed how many people have asked me questions along the lines of, "Why did tigers lose their saber teeth?". Some people take names VERY literally.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭Rubecula

Some people need to be educated though.

A lack of knowledge IMO does not always mean a lack of intelligence, just a shortage of education in some matters.

I know some folks who are very clever but have an innate lack of understanding on certain subjects.

Now now I never even mentioned Jack Horner ... :D

Horner just needs to shut up about T-Rex and go find another lovable dino like Maiasaura.

Adam Khor wrote: »
    Horner just needs to shut up about T-Rex and go find another lovable dino like Maiasaura.

FYP.

• Advertisement

Ha ha ha

Why is it always Jurassic Park? Some of the best beasties were around in the Cretaceous IMHO

Rubecula wrote: »
    Ha ha ha

Why is it always Jurassic Park? Some of the best beasties were around in the Cretaceous IMHO

Agreed... there's been only five Jurassic dinos in the movies thus far- Dilophosaurus, Brachiosaurus, Mamenchisaurus, Stegosaurus and Compsognathus... and the compy was said to be Procompsognathus triassicus...

Adam Khor wrote: »
    Agreed... there's been only five Jurassic dinos in the movies thus far- Dilophosaurus, Brachiosaurus, Mamenchisaurus, Stegosaurus and Compsognathus... and the compy was said to be Procompsognathus triassicus...

Don't forget Ceratosaurus was (briefly) in JP3!

Very true D: How could I forget?

Galvasean wrote: »
    Don't forget Ceratosaurus was (briefly) in JP3!

Was it?

Where and when? I don't recall that bit. (OK I fell asleep partway through the film :( )

• Advertisement

Was it?

Where and when? I don't recall that bit. (OK I fell asleep partway through the film :( )

Oh, how could we forget dear, sweet Metriacanthosaurus?

I honestly don't remember that bit, thanks Galvasean

I honestly don't remember that bit, thanks Galvasean

That small clip really is all Ceratosaurus gets in the entire film. I believe it is just after the Spino attacks the boat.
    Fun fact, it was originally meant to be Carnotaurus in the cameo, but the CGI designers were trapped for time and felt it was easier to change their T. rex model into a Ceratosaurus than a Carnotaurus.

:-B

Galvasean wrote: »
    That small clip really is all Ceratosaurus gets in the entire film. I believe it is just after the Spino attacks the boat.
    Fun fact, it was originally meant to be Carnotaurus in the cameo, but the CGI designers were trapped for time and felt it was easier to change their T. rex model into a Ceratosaurus than a Carnotaurus.

:-B

It is actually before the Spino attacks- and shortly after the bird cage scene.

And yeah, it was actually a re-touched T-Rex model- which explains why it looks very little like a real Ceratosaurus...

There's a good chance the new big bad dino in Jurassic World will be the camo Carnotaur as imagined by Crichton, so its a good thing they changed it at the last moment in JP3...

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,404 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Giant Sloths and Glyptodons , Giant Deer and Moa's please

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,404 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

pigs ? - not much chance of finding lystrosaurus DNA at this stage :(

Yes but think of the bacon joints off those beasties lol

They killed Hogzilla recently. He's have been an excellent addition to my zoo :(

• Advertisement

Is there any more of them?

Is there any more of them?

Not that I am aware of.

Advertisement