Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tailor

Options
  • 30-05-2014 12:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 41

Hi I want to alter the neck line on a T shirt but not to spend too much as the shirt cost only €15 but tis a pretty cool shirt, just needs more material around the neckline. Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

I went into the Zipline sorry Zipyard and found them very good. Got a selection of things done for €30 me thinks and they were all good, sleeping bag, tops, bra so they do everything might be worth a shot..

There is one in Douglas and one in town

• Registered Users Posts: 41 kalipix

Sounds great! I will give them a go. Thanks Milly!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭Bacchus

There is also Impress beside the GPO (only used for dry cleaning but they're a good service).

Singer on Grand Parade are good too (my wife has used them for alterations).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭dwiseman

kalipix wrote: »
    Sounds great! I will give them a go. Thanks Milly!

Skip the Zipyard, there is a tailor above the Zipyard in Morris House in Douglas and he is great. Far cheaper than the zip yard and serious tailoring skills. There is a side door into Morris House where the zip yard is located, on the right hand side if standing in front. Go through the door and up the stairs. I used to use the clothes doctor on academy street but this guy is better and cheaper. Try him and see for yourself, its a 2 person team, himself and his wife.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

dwiseman wrote: »
    Skip the Zipyard, there is a tailor above the Zipyard in Morris House in Douglas and he is great. Far cheaper than the zip yard and serious tailoring skills. There is a side door into Morris House where the zip yard is located, on the right hand side if standing in front. Go through the door and up the stairs. I used to use the clothes doctor on academy street but this guy is better and cheaper. Try him and see for yourself, its a 2 person team, himself and his wife.

There's also a guy on Oliver Plunkett street next to the Grafton Bar

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41 kalipix

I ended up going to the Zipyard and they charged me €12. It wasn't too bad I thought? Douglas is kind of out of the way for me but thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭bazery

What's the guys name in Douglas. Need to get 2 suits sorted!

bazery wrote: »
    What's the guys name in Douglas. Need to get 2 suits sorted!

I don't know his name, he's upstairs in Morris house, its himself and his wife do the alterations. You wont be disappointed.

I don't know his name, he's upstairs in Morris house, its himself and his wife do the alterations. You wont be disappointed.

Cheers I'm gonna swing by tomorrow and see what they say

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭LeNNoX

Cheers I'm gonna swing by tomorrow and see what they say

I've used them a few times, very happy with their work.

• Advertisement

got two suits tailored, impressed with the work, suits are like new, 110 for the two jackets and pants. the jackets had to be taken in and shortened so there was a fair bit of work in it. must get some shirts done next

got two suits tailored, impressed with the work, suits are like new, 110 for the two jackets and pants. the jackets had to be taken in and shortened so there was a fair bit of work in it. must get some shirts done next

I wouldn't be quick to give recommendations but I wouldn't hesitate with this guy as he does great work and charges a fair price. I might even get a discount off him next time!

Advertisement