Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying camera gear online

• 30-05-2014 3:09am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭

Anyone ever hear of or buy anything from this site:

http://www.eglobalcentral.eu/#

Looking to buy the Canon 70-200mm 2.8 II lens but the price here in Ireland is very high, €2,400. The same lens from the above site is €1,632.99 which includes free postage. From flashcamera.co.uk the lens is also much cheaper, coming in under 2 grand but have heard unreliable reports from this site. Would appreciate any info or advice please thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Wailin

Lol, just saw the thread on e global central after I posted :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Pete67

I've heard nothing but good reports from Flash Camera, and I've personally bought several lenses from them over the years. They are generally well regarded here and on other photography forums. Could you elaborate on the nature of the issues you have heard about? I'm interested as I'm about to pull the trigger on a new camera body, and my first port of call would have been Ian.

Pete67 wrote: »
    I've heard nothing but good reports from Flash Camera, and I've personally bought several lenses from them over the years. They are generally well regarded here and on other photography forums. Could you elaborate on the nature of the issues you have heard about? I'm interested as I'm about to pull the trigger on a new camera body, and my first port of call would have been Ian.

Heard that it is sometimes very hard to get in contact with Ian, which can be a pain if you have issues with an order. I have found this when sending messages enquiring about stock, prices, etc. He never or rarely replies. Have you ever purchased from here: http://www.hdewcameras.co.uk/canon-ef-70-200mm-f28l-is-ii-usm-496-p.asp ? Their prices are very similar to flash camera.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Pete67

Wailin wrote: »
    Have you ever purchased from here: http://www.hdewcameras.co.uk/canon-ef-70-200mm-f28l-is-ii-usm-496-p.asp ? Their prices are very similar to flash camera.

No - but I will check out that link, many thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 557 ✭✭✭puddles22

Wailin wrote: »
    Heard that it is sometimes very hard to get in contact with Ian, which can be a pain if you have issues with an order. I have found this when sending messages enquiring about stock, prices, etc. He never or rarely replies. Have you ever purchased from here: http://www.hdewcameras.co.uk/canon-ef-70-200mm-f28l-is-ii-usm-496-p.asp ? Their prices are very similar to flash camera.

have you the right email address, he always replies to me within a matter of hours

• Advertisement

puddles22 wrote: »
    have you the right email address, he always replies to me within a matter of hours
    I used the contact option on the website. Sent him message 3 wks ago about ordering a 70-200 mm lens and he only replied yesterday. Bought the lens in the meantime. Has happened before also and I ended up buying elsewhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 72 ✭✭RickyWed

I am using eglobalcentral. Got Sigma 17-55 2.8 also Nikon 50 1.8d. no complaints here super quick delivery, free of vat, but it is grey import so you wont be able to claim nikon,canon,sony etc. warranty but you will get sellers warranty.

Advertisement