Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The forest

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Yeah you can save. The only weapon I had was the axe you start with. My first life consisted of my building a tree house and hiding in it while about 15 of them ran around on the ground below all night and all the following day. Eventually I was going to starve to death so I went down to try and make a run for it but they killed me.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

MadYaker wrote: »
    Eventually I was going to starve to death so I went down to try and make a run for it but they killed me.

Lol :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Can you save now? What weapons do you have?

They've added quite a few new items. Everything from Bows to Houseboats/Tree houses.

Its very good now.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Well I got it :D Cant wait to get stuck in.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

I'm excited to get into this game but I have a thing against early access titles, is it worth it as it stands?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

I'm excited to get into this game but I have a thing against early access titles, is it worth it as it stands?

Well for early access its in pretty good shape. But of course there are still plenty of bugs.

If it helps convince you the developers have a deadline for every update which you can see when you load up the game. You can see all the latest updates here - http://survivetheforest.com/

You can't really go wrong considering its price.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,840 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Wow, looks like I'm 8 years late to this party :D

I picked this up on PlayStation in a recent sale for 6 quid. Had my first proper go and it's a great experience. I got to the first night, had my hut and fire. The moon symbol was nearly full so i saved the game at the hut. Then i got the prompt to sleep but it was like the square button wouldn't work. Tried to save again and that wouldn't work, shey with trying to relight the fire, no button prompts would work but i could do everything else. Hopefully just a bug and it works next time or did i miss something?

Also for water collection, once i get a turtle shell and sticks, does it just generate water every now and then or do i need to wait for rain?

The natives are so freaky and unpredictable, they're class!

The Forest is a great survival game, but the zombie thing starts to become tiresome pretty quickly for me.

The Long Dark is the defining game of the genre so far, and it isn't even close.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 jobrien874ie

The Long Dark is awesome - I've not played the full story on it yet but very enjoyable @[Deleted User] Sons of the Forest launched a few days ago and is brilliant check it out

Advertisement