Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Macbeth! Help!

• 30-05-2014 8:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 29

Hi! Do you think it's ok I'll be covered by these topics:
    Lady Macbeth
    Banquo
    Kingship/power
    Macbeth
    And the witches (a little bit on them)
    Anyone's opinion would be greatly needed :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

Banquo and MacDuff could come up.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Jackson07

thelad95 wrote: »
    Banquo and MacDuff could come up.

Yeah that's what I heard but Macduff would be harder to talk about :/ I also heard the witches could make a surprise in the paper but who knows!

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Little_olivia

How could Macduff/Banquo appear?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21 lcstudent14

What possible questions could they ask for those characters?
    •Banquo
    •Macduff
    Tricky enough to write a whole essay on. You must have to incorporate them with main characters, or contrast them? What do you think?

How could Macduff/Banquo appear?

Their role in the play. Neither are developed particularly well but are critical to the plot. Banquo in some respects is like an anti-Macbeth.

• Advertisement

I couldn't write a whole essay on Macduff but in 2009 it came up as a leak question so it could be up... And it could come up as the relationship between banquo and Macbeth.

Banquo I mean came up in 2009.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Little_olivia

I'm still lost. Like Banquo dies before he gets to do anything wonderful really? I get Macduff is part of the whole good vs evil crap, but a whole question on them?!

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Grumpy Greg

questions tend to be drawn from the general areas of characterisation, themes and imagery (especially for higher level). If you know the text in forensic detail you'll be covered for any curve ball the exam throws at you. In the words of my old English teacher.'nothing compensates for a lack of familiarity with the text'.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Nicke011

I've heard that Lady Macbeth is most likely to come up? And also she was on both Mocks papers

• Advertisement

Nicke011 wrote: »
    I've heard that Lady Macbeth is most likely to come up? And also she was on both Mocks papers

I would be 99% sure it will be her it's just everyone is feeling extremely paranoid at the minute.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 192 ✭✭Isitthough?

Nah more likely to be Macbeth I mean the play is about him. I dont understand where this Lm is coming from I mean people are saying it because A banquo question leaked a few years ago But every other year its been a Macbeth question.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Seymour101

I've learned Banquo, LMB, MB and kingship and thats it.

Nah more likely to be Macbeth I mean the play is about him. I dont understand where this Lm is coming from I mean people are saying it because A banquo question leaked a few years ago But every other year its been a Macbeth question.

Macbeth came up last year hence the hype for Lady Macbeth. The mock companies generally get it spot on for English P2. Last year, the mock I did had all the poets that came up on the real thing and the same question for Plath that came up in the real thing. This year, both have Lady Macbeth on but last year one had relationship between LM and M and I think the other had just LM. In the real thing, Macbeth came up.

Seymour101 wrote: »
    I've learned Banquo, LMB, MB and kingship and thats it.

How sickened would you be if Macduff came up..? You should be fine though.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Seymour101

thelad95 wrote: »
    How sickened would you be if Macduff came up..? You should be fine though.

If Macduff came up i'd just go with the part B usually you can tie everything into the part B

I don't think Macbeth by himself will come up cuz he came up last year by himself. I think he'll appear but with someone else like banquo and lady Macbeth!

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Catherinem1616

What could you get asked about Banquo and also does anyone know where i can get any notes on him??

• Registered Users Posts: 32 RebelLAD1

Banquo is a brave but flawed hero etc .. He basically loves himself and is pretty condescending and sly.. Says one thing and thinks the other

What could you get asked about Banquo and also does anyone know where i can get any notes on him??

Wikipedia page is actually quite good.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Banquo#Analysis

• Advertisement
Advertisement