Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pass/Fail Maths. Leaving Cert

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35 ELynch96

I heard that too but I suppose it only applies to you if you're doing honors ? I don't know

• Registered Users Posts: 36 student18

I heard it was 38% to pass higher level

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Usually (and I don't know for sure in Maths) if a candidate gets to the equivalent of 38%, examiners will look back and see are there any discretionary marks that could be added.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Colour Insanity

deedeebb wrote: »
    I've been hearing a lot lately that you only need 36.6% to pass maths. Has anybody else heard this as well or is it complete bull****?????

In the LC handbook, it says that 37% upwards will be awarded as a D3, as has been tradition (in all subjects) for years.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 deedeebb

In the LC handbook, it says that 37% upwards will be awarded as a D3, as has been tradition (in all subjects) for years.

WHAT? i've never heard it being for all the subjects? that's so great! I might have a chance in passing Maths now!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭Exo

I think Colour Insanity is right about that, anyone achieving +37% will be bumped to a D3. Heard quite a few teachers say that in the past..

• Registered Users Posts: 20 LC12395

I read on the state examinations website today that for all subjects there is an up to 2% leeway between an E and D3 for all subjects. So if you get 38 or 39% your examiner may award you a pass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

wonder whats the relation between the leaving cert threads this time now.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,397 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Don't forget that with the amount of fails anyway they will probably have to adjust the marking scheme

Look at Q1 last year. The rather easy part 1 had 10 marks allocated while a question on de Moivre's theorem (which required more knowledge and took longer) got 5. Can be seen all across the paper 1 and 2 marking schemes

• Registered Users Posts: 2 athlone3

I believe its 38% . At least i hope so because i got 37% last year and got an E

• Advertisement
Advertisement