Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HSI – SPORT HORSE SECTOR LORRY USAGE/ROAD TAX ONLINE SURVEY

Options
  • 30-05-2014 9:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 904 ✭✭✭

HSI – SPORT HORSE SECTOR LORRY USAGE/ROAD TAX ONLINE SURVEY

Horse Sport Ireland has designed an online survey to research information on lorry usage/road tax within the Affiliate membership of the Sport Horse Sector and will close at midnight, Friday 30th May 2014.

The survey is anonymous and will only take a couple of minutes to complete. The online survey is conducted through Survey Monkey a recognised online tool for surveys.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/3HP9GW2

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

I see a problem with the first question already - I'm not a member of or affiliated to any of the associations listed in the first question, and as there's no option for 'none', it's not really feasible to continue without skewing the results.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭may06

convert wrote: »
    I see a problem with the first question already - I'm not a member of or affiliated to any of the associations listed in the first question, and as there's no option for 'none', it's not really feasible to continue without skewing the results.

If you're not affiliated to any association under the HSI then the survey isnt applicable to you

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

may06 wrote: »
    If you're not affiliated to any association under the HSI then the survey isnt applicable to you

That's for stating the obvious. :rolleyes:

I just said I'm not affiliated to any of the associations at the moment, but partake in a lot of their activities in an unregistered capacity. Moreover, one doesn't need to be a member of the HAI in order to hunt in Ireland. Likewise, a lot of people compete 'unregistered' in SJI competitions, showing, etc. and may be in the process of registering, so excluding them, I think, is a little restrictive and short-sighted. Just because you're not 'officially' registered doesn't mean that your opinion/experience isn't worthwhile or that you're not impacted by road usage/taxation, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 norwegian fjord

Can anyone tell me how much it is to tax a 3.5ton 2004 horse box (van conversion) ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 904 ✭✭✭yourpics

Can anyone tell me how much it is to tax a 3.5ton 2004 horse box (van conversion) ?

3.5 ton Motor Tax is 420 (Annual) 233(Half Year) 118 (Quarter Year)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 norwegian fjord

Thanks yourpics, not as bad as I was expecting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 904 ✭✭✭yourpics

Thanks yourpics, not as bad as I was expecting.

It is based on unladen weight of the vehicle

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭may06

convert wrote: »
    That's for stating the obvious. :rolleyes:

I just said I'm not affiliated to any of the associations at the moment, but partake in a lot of their activities in an unregistered capacity. Moreover, one doesn't need to be a member of the HAI in order to hunt in Ireland. Likewise, a lot of people compete 'unregistered' in SJI competitions, showing, etc. and may be in the process of registering, so excluding them, I think, is a little restrictive and short-sighted. Just because you're not 'officially' registered doesn't mean that your opinion/experience isn't worthwhile or that you're not impacted by road usage/taxation, etc.

So why not suggest that to the HSI then, and I'm not being smart by stating that either? I wasn't stating the obvious either, no one discounting your opinion/experience, i was just re-iterating that the survey does in fact state its for HSI Affliates.

Advertisement