Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Garda Recruitment - Stage 5

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Omahony92

909...probably being to hopeful I know :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 CT15

I'm 821 and I'm questioning whether I'll even make the April batch!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭rocky911

When are the next intakes lads? the reserve stream are doing interviews first week of March...hardly stuck for numbers?

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Wannabegarda

I posted up guesswork there a while back should be 2 or three pages back. Ah the reserves will prob be in the one intake. They'll go on the order of merit like everybody else. They'll be war if they go in ahead of us.

They did say that they wouldn't have prefentley when it comes to OOM

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭thekopend

Omahony92 wrote: »
    909...probably being to hopeful I know :(

Better chance than me anyway im 930's. June looks more likely for me anyway

rocky911 wrote: »
    They did say that they wouldn't have prefentley when it comes to OOM

Be prepared for a long wait anyway. At this stage it will be end of year for ye at the earliest. The rest of 2013 campaign are due to go in b4 ye. Id say ye will have a new oom for yerselves starting at 1 again.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭eraj

Hi lads , just a question , when training finsh then we will decided with location of station or its before training .

As I am mother of 3 years old so I am confussed if they give me option to go very far then I do not want to give notice to me employer but is its after training then I have to give notice to my current employer .

also is training is for 32 weeks and 2 weeks off for study and is there any holidays as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Canyon86

eraj wrote: »
    Hi lads , just a question , when training finsh then we will decided with location of station or its before training .

As I am mother of 3 years old so I am confussed if they give me option to go very far then I do not want to give notice to me employer but is its after training then I have to give notice to my current employer .

also is training is for 32 weeks and 2 weeks off for study and is there any holidays as well.

as far i know you can fill in a welfare form and state your reasons to be placed near home, but it cant be in your district or something like that, maybe somebody else can confirm,

ya there are study breaks and two weeks for holidays

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 clunge

Are there medicals ongoing or does anyone know when the next batch are?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 itsjustme85

During the previous intakes the training stations were only given a week or two before end of training. You can plead your case with the Welfare officer and hope for the best. As far as I know it's just the 2 weeks off during the 32 weeks, nothing else.

I suppose a few here will be put out of there missery in 2 to 3 weeks with offers for april intake!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭Lc201395

thekopend wrote: »
    I suppose a few here will be put out of there missery in 2 to 3 weeks with offers for april intake!

Hopefully! Can see it being more like 4 weeks rather than 2 or 3 though judging by past posters

Any idea of the kind of numbers that are going to be going into the intake...75 100...150?

Lc201395 wrote: »
    Hopefully! Can see it being more like 4 weeks rather than 2 or 3 though judging by past posters

Ya about 3 and a half weeks from now would be 3 weeks notice for aprill 11th
    They said the next intakes will be 150 each.

• Advertisement

Any one have any news?

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭milo101

Any one have any news?

Nope 😬😖 I would imagine it would be another few weeks though. Anyone know if there is a Def an April intake

• Registered Users Posts: 24 ToC15

CHECK EMAILS!!!!
    Can't believe it, I'm in.....

• Registered Users Posts: 17 itsmeimback

Offers are out

Yay email got !!!! Sooo happy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Boult

Just out of interest what is the OOM of the people getting the offers now?

Boult wrote: »
    Just out of interest what is the OOM of the people getting the offers now?

I was 750's

Lads oom beats me as IM IN!!!. My oom is 930's. My vetting was back quick tho id say.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Boult

Is there suppose to be another intake in June and then October?

Congrats folks, whats the start date ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭Lc201395

In aswell, delighted.

rocky911 wrote: »
    Congrats folks, whats the start date ?

29 March for induction, training starts then the 11th, still can't believe it..
    Congrats all

Induction tue 29th march to fri 1st april then training starting 11th april as predicted.

Has everybody been called?

• Registered Users Posts: 30 kartkrazy

RESULT!!! The wait is over, See ye down there kids.

• Advertisement

My OOM is 910's. Still on cloud 9....

Anyone from the 980s 990s get called?

Im in 909...got no email i presume that means im not getting it

Ur vetting musnt be back lad. Shur ye will deffinitly get in june if people this far up the oom have been called. Providing vetting is back

Hopefully anyway...congrats to everyone to say im jealous would be an understatement :P

• Registered Users Posts: 30 kartkrazy

Hopefully anyway...congrats to everyone to say im jealous would be an understatement :P

Keep the faith brother I was 670s thought I was done, vetting is the bottleneck it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭smiley963

It's not only the OOM. It has to do with background checks, Omahony92 ur checks must not be complete.

Some bit of relief anyway...i have a few family members abroad as well so maybe thats the hold up...ill keep the faith till i get a No anyway I suppose :) congrats again folks

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Sjh191

congrats to everyone that got their offers today!

Has anyone on here got there Fitness on the 15th of march?

I am guessing if we pass on the 15th we will be in the June intake.
    So close but yet so far!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 Mark010

Some bit of relief anyway...i have a few family members abroad as well so maybe thats the hold up...ill keep the faith till i get a No anyway I suppose :) congrats again folks

I'm the same fella.. OOM is 910s and no word

Do you think we can expect our info packs by the end of this week?

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Errigal14

Boult wrote: »
    Is there suppose to be another intake in June and then October?

To be honest, I don't think anyone can say for certain. There are rumours for intakes around June and October. I'd say they are highly likely as they do want to get the numbers back up again as quickly as possible.

Story in the college was there is definitly a class in june but no date picked. They told us of april intake and said 4th or 11th so they seem to know the plan below.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭eraj

Hi Lads I got result of Stage 1 which is 4077, The new run is with different stages you guys with experience think I will get call for next stage, which is supervised one.

Hi Lads I got result of Stage 1 which is 4077, The new run is with different stages you guys with experience think I will get call for next stage, which is supervised one.

Since you have passed Stage 1 you should be invited to Stage 2 assessment centre. It's not so much a matter of 'if' but 'when'. However, since you're not in Band 1 you will most likely have to wait quite a while to be invited. I'd say that it wouldn't be until sometime next year.

• Advertisement

Yeah I would say next year. I think its anyone up to 1971 is being brought forward now. Last year I was in band two and they got back to me after 19 months but I do think the whole thing will be faster this time well hopefully anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭PMMG

Fishing for advice here...progressed to stage 2 in new campaign. Failed senarios in last campaign at stage 3 and was my worst score this time around. Any advice from you guys who got through would be great. Like small things such as should you react first and then call for backup or call for backup and then intervene? Or if you observe a crime when under cover should you blow your cover and attend to other incident or just take not and stay in your position, and so on. Any advice would be great. And sorry for hijacking your forum with new campaign stuff but this is my last chance at it cause I am an old fart!!!

PMMG - that was my worst one as well it's very difficult in my opinion and hard to know what they want. I suggest doing a course anyway. I did career services course and it got me through. If I went back now again and tried it I'd probably fail but somehow passed on the day

Have all the offers gone out for April. There's no hope I'll get a call on Monday??

Have all the offers gone out for April. There's no hope I'll get a call on Monday??

I'd have thought that the remaining offers would be issued from this Monday coming. It would make sense since the second group's induction is a week later so the offers would also be a week after the first group. It would also give the same amount of notice for each group. Don't know for certain but that's what I think anyway.

• Advertisement
Advertisement