Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Garda Recruitment - Stage 5

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Boult

Errigal14 wrote: »
    It's hard to know for sure but I think 200-300 is a good estimate. It's hard to gauge going by OOM because people all over the OOM got offers due to people's vetting holding them up, are already in or out of Templemore or are no longer interested. The highest offer that I heard for April was in the 930's and I think the OOM goes up to 1150. Thats roughly 220 people. Then there are also people lower on the OOM still waiting because their vetting is holding them up. This is very approximate and is just quickly estimating.

The OOM goes up to over 1200.

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Wannabegarda

I rang them there looking for info on another matter. In passing i mentioned it and gave a legitimate reason as to why i needed to know. They told me nothing so lads if they wont tell me forget about it an worry about it when the offers come.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Omahony92

Cheers for the info bud :) might as well stop refreshing my gmail for now then haha

• Registered Users Posts: 19 newo21

It'd be so handy if they were able to give us dates of when offers and results from the tests etc come out instead of all these rumours and guessing games every time 😂 waiting is such a killer

• Registered Users Posts: 10 cdcdcd23

I have my fitness next tuesday and was wondering if anyone could tell me how long it all takes on the day? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 Errigal14

cdcdcd23 wrote: »
    I have my fitness next tuesday and was wondering if anyone could tell me how long it all takes on the day? :)

The day started at 09:00 and I think I was out between 13:00 - 13:30. They split you into groups of 8 so it really depends on what group you're in. If you're in the first group then you'll finish everything earlier than the other groups. Wouldn't be any later than 14:00 anyway.

The day started at 09:00 and I think I was out between 13:00 - 13:30. They split you into groups of 8 so it really depends on what group you're in. If you're in the first group then you'll finish everything earlier than the other groups. Wouldn't be any later than 14:00 anyway.

Ok perfect thank you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭A.G.S

offers are out. Im in

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Omahony92

No joy again, congrats

A.G.S wrote: »
    offers are out. Im in

Congratulations on getting an offer. Was there a second induction week or was it that a position became available and you were next on the list if you don't mind me asking?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭thekopend

A.G.S wrote: »
    offers are out. Im in

Is your induction the week starting 4th april?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Leo1986

Im in induction week 4th April

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Mark010

Damn seems like I missed this intake so.. so annoying feels like life is on hold.:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭milo101

Congrats all!

Mark010 wrote: »
    Damn seems like I missed this intake so.. so annoying feels like life is on hold.:confused:

How long are u waiting?

Well done to all those who got offers. Jealous would be an understatement!

not as long as some, done the medical and physical in December, got low enough on the OOM and don't have a large family so made the assumption I would be in the next intake. For some reason my vetting isn't back so i haven't been called. When I say the wait I really am counting from August though because once its in your head your constantly thinking about it. Its trivial problem compared to most though.

not as long as some, done the medical and physical in December, got low enough on the OOM and don't have a large family so made the assumption I would be in the next intake. For some reason my vetting isn't back so i haven't been called. When I say the wait I really am counting from August though because once its in your head your constantly thinking about it. Its trivial problem compared to most though.

All relations in ireland?

thekopend wrote: »
    All relations in ireland?

Yep I only have a couple of living Aunts and Uncles. There is a large side on my dads side but most have passed away and I most I never even met. I even went as far as going to the Births and marriage register office to find exact DOB to speed up the process and gave Death of Date. Only thing I can think of is I live in a Busy part of Dublin and the local station would have a huge catchment and maybe they are busy and didn't get around to finishing it. I wasn't quizzed about any relatives at the interview with the super or sergeant and to my knowledge none of my relatives (cousins excluded) have a serious/ any record.

Yep I only have a couple of living Aunts and Uncles. There is a large side on my dads side but most have passed away and I most I never even met. I even went as far as going to the Births and marriage register office to find exact DOB to speed up the process and gave Death of Date. Only thing I can think of is I live in a Busy part of Dublin and the local station would have a huge catchment and maybe they are busy and didn't get around to finishing it. I wasn't quizzed about any relatives at the interview with the super or sergeant and to my knowledge none of my relatives (cousins excluded) have a serious/ any record.

Strange nuff maybe offers just fell short of your oom.

• Advertisement

Strange nuff maybe offers just fell short of your oom.

I'm between 900 and 910, I have heard of 930s. I did contact HR they said it was the vetting. Biggest issue is that I take work on contract for 12/6 months and just finished contract so it is mind melting as to what to commit to. Would be easier in a 9-5. But sure amnt I lucky to be even waiting for the Call😊 Like he the rest of us waiting 8 years for an opportunity a couple of months won't kill us

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Leo1986

Anybody need a lift down on the week beginning 11th of April PM me I am in the Dublin 15 area. Thanks to everybody for all the info/suppport

Boom wait over

Well there is alot less waiting in the oom than we thought it seems. Alot of people from band 2/3 got offers. Wannabe ur in the 970/980's if im correct. Ps see you down there on the 11th!

Sur ye may as well call me by my real name now!!! Session first night well all have heads on us then forst proper dayhaha!

Ahh no I'm gonna miss game of thrones now...

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭smiley963

Ahh no I'm gonna miss game of thrones now...

Wannabe I remembered you on this couple of years ago. Eventually and finally you made it. Is there confirmation how many people got offered it.

Ah no I just got my offer don't know about anyone else

• Registered Users Posts: 30 kartkrazy

Ah no I just got my offer don't know about anyone else

Congrats wannabe I've been feeling your pain your last few posts cu down there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 Quimby2016

Just wondering did many from Band 2/3 get a call for April? My OOM is in 1040's and did stage 5 at the start of Feb. Have a feeling it will be close to the end of the year before i hear anything. Heading to the Euros in June so hoping not to hear anything before that!

Quimby2016 wrote: »
    Just wondering did many from Band 2/3 get a call for April? My OOM is in 1040's and did stage 5 at the start of Feb. Have a feeling it will be close to the end of the year before i hear anything. Heading to the Euros in June so hoping not to hear anything before that!

If your vetting is back its likely you will be in june intake!

Is there defiantly an intake in June though?

Fully sure there will be!

Fully sure there will be!

Judging by this, you wouldn't know how long vetting will take. I have a good few aunts and uncles as well and I only met the super in Feb too. That said, there can't be much more behind me on the OOM if they started a new campaign just before Xmas.

Judging by this, you wouldn't know how long vetting will take. I have a good few aunts and uncles as well and I only met the super in Feb too. That said, there can't be much more behind me on the OOM if they started a new campaign just before Xmas.

There are about 200 behind you in the OOM

• Advertisement

Boult wrote: »
    There are about 200 behind you in the OOM

Are they all waiting on vetting so?

Are they all waiting on vetting so?

Some still have to do the Physical yet.

I heard there was a group in on Tuesday.

I heard there was a group in on Tuesday.

Im down on tuesday to do my physical

Ya they will be behind quimby so he dosnt have to take them into account for his likelyhood of starting in june.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 clunge

Any idea how many more dates there will be for the physicals or when they will be?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭rocky911

Reserves interviews finishing tomorrow...there will be some of these in June intake as they are undergoing an accelerated process. That came from the college directly..intake in June and next in Sep those again are def.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Horza

rocky911 wrote: »
    Reserves interviews finishing tomorrow...there will be some of these in June intake as they are undergoing an accelerated process. That came from the college directly..intake in June and next in Sep those again are def.

Are these intakes the last from the previous campaign and have the intakes been every 3 months since that campaign got off to a proper start as in the second half of 2014?

Horza wrote: »
    Are these intakes the last from the previous campaign and have the intakes been every 3 months since that campaign got off to a proper start as in the second half of 2014?

The reserves stream is from the new campaign, and the rest are made up of previous campaign's, believe or not lads with delays in vetting and then the rejection of offers by people..they are struggling to fill classes.

rocky911 wrote: »
    The reserves stream is from the new campaign, and the rest are made up of previous campaign's, believe or not lads with delays in vetting and then the rejection of offers by people..they are struggling to fill classes.

I'm not surprised people have rejected offers, always going to happen when you have to think about it seriously and in a short space of time.

Ya I understand that. I gave it serious serious thought and I kind if decided I would be better off joining up. Down the line I might look at other options if I'm going nowhere but for the moment this is the right career move for me

Ya I understand that. I gave it serious serious thought and I kind if decided I would be better off joining up. Down the line I might look at other options if I'm going nowhere but for the moment this is the right career move for me

This is something that I think is going to cause issue in the future..not saying its wrong to do whatsoever but I do think the idea of 30 years in the same career is something that isn't done anymore and I do believe there will be people, more than likely the younger members may leave after 10/15 years to pursue other career options which is now a done thing in the private sector but once incomprehensible in the public sector.

Has anybody ever contacted their local station about their vetting?

Has anybody ever contacted their local station about their vetting?

They should contact you when they receive your file from HQ. Once the super is finished with his/her interviews, they send it off to the vetting department and I don't think they have much input from there on. Correct me if I'm wrong.

They should contact you when they receive your file from HQ. Once the super is finished with his/her interviews, they send it off to the vetting department and I don't think they have much input from there on. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks for the reply. So, if I met my super at the end of December my file would be with the vetting department at Garda HQ? If that's the case, there's no chance of getting any info on it. Worried I might not get June cause my vetting wasn't complete for April and I'd say June offers could be out at the end of April / start of May which really isn't that far away

• Advertisement
Advertisement