Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Garda Recruitment - Stage 5

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Quimby2016

Not a word yet. Don't think they will let you know if vetting is complete. I think it's either an offer or nothing at all. Someone mentioned it's the end of June on this thread a few weeks back. That could easily change though.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Bopper88

Any date in sight for next PCT. I applied in 2013 but had a few hurdles along the way, PCT is all that's left...finally ðŸ˜

1eyedcat wrote: »
    Is anyone still waiting on a PCT date?

Did you get a date yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭WhiteWalls

In the general scheme of things, how much notice is one given to be in Templemore? 2-3 weeks?

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Boult

WhiteWalls wrote: »
    In the general scheme of things, how much notice is one given to be in Templemore? 2-3 weeks?

I think its about a months notice though i stand to be corrected on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Huntline

Does anyone have a phone number for the vetting section?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 96 ✭✭cluedo123

Is there a thread for the PCT, can only locate the old one from 8 years back?

Cheers

cluedo123 wrote:
    Is there a thread for the PCT, can only locate the old one from 8 years back?

This is it..how you set?

This is it..how you set?

Grand!

Worried a little about the push ups, can't seem to get through them all when I practice. Not trained in a long time...so it's a disservice to me now.

cluedo123 wrote: »
    Grand!

Worried a little about the push ups, can't seem to get through them all when I practice. Not trained in a long time...so it's a disservice to me now.

Are ypu waiting on your PCT, any sign of a date?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

just a quick question re the obstacle course, do you have someone there telling you what to do at each station? would hate to fail based on hitting a segment wrong!

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Errigal14

Depp wrote: »
    just a quick question re the obstacle course, do you have someone there telling you what to do at each station? would hate to fail based on hitting a segment wrong!
    Yeah there is an instructor following you around the course and telling you were to go next. You'll only have to repeat a certain aspect of the course if you mess it up, i.e. Knock over a cone or something. You would then have to go back to the start of the cones to re-try it. Best of luck for it anyways

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 walkthisway

Any word yet on start dates for June intake?im hoping some of us will hear over next few weeks. I wonder how big the class will be this time

Any word yet on start dates for June intake?im hoping some of us will hear over next few weeks. I wonder how big the class will be this time

Haven't heard anything myself since someone mentioned the 27th June. I'm hoping we hear something soon though. I reckon it'll be the week beginning the 16th May before we hear anything tbh. Although saying that, I will be constantly checking the emails everyday until we do hear word aha.

For the sit ups, di your hands have to be in a particular place?

Sorry to ask again folks but any date put for next PCT yet?

Bopper88 wrote:
    Sorry to ask again folks but any date put for next PCT yet?

There is one on the 14th but you would have heard at this stage if you were being called for that..have you a medical done?

There is one on the 14th but you would have heard at this stage if you were being called for that..have you a medical done?

Hey, medical is long done but had to get laser so waiting for them to confirm yada yada, wonder when the one after that is 😖

• Registered Users Posts: 8 1eyedcat

Bopper88 wrote: »
    Hey, medical is long done but had to get laser so waiting for them to confirm yada yada, wonder when the one after that is 😖

I've the medical done too, waiting on a date for the PCT too

• Advertisement

1eyedcat wrote: »
    I've the medical done too, waiting on a date for the PCT too

The waiting is the best part (sigh). I hope it aint too far away.

I think 27th June was mentioned for start of next class. I passed the PCT as well heard nothing since don't expect to either until start of June around that's assuming i get into the June intake[/quote]

Ye I see that post now, if that's the case those in June intake won't hear till end of May, having said that induction would start 1 - 2 weeks prior?It would be interesting to know how many of us are left from '13 campaign.

I think 27th June was mentioned for start of next class. I passed the PCT as well heard nothing since don't expect to either until start of June around that's assuming i get into the June intake

Ye I see that post now, if that's the case those in June intake won't hear till end of May, having said that induction would start 1 - 2 weeks prior?It would be interesting to know how many of us are left from '13 campaign.

Many got pct this weekend?

cluedo123 wrote:
    Many got pct this weekend?

Ya I am.. How you set?

I'd say the June offers will be out next week.

• Advertisement

Boult wrote: »

That's what I was thinking aswell. Although just depends if the induction week will be the week before, on the 20th June or if the first induction is the 27th June. Was looking back through the stage 5 thread the other day and the group that's finishing in June started induction on the 27th october and proper training began 02 November. Might be the same sort of situation this time with first induction 27th, second induction 4th July and proper training 11th July. That would mean it wouldn't be until the end of May, 27th at the earliest we would hear about offers. Although I'll still be keeping an eye on the emails cause who knows really...

Errigal14 wrote: »
    That's what I was thinking aswell. Although just depends if the induction week will be the week before, on the 20th June or if the first induction is the 27th June. Was looking back through the stage 5 thread the other day and the group that's finishing in June started induction on the 27th october and proper training began 02 November. Might be the same sort of situation this time with first induction 27th, second induction 4th July and proper training 11th July. That would mean it wouldn't be until the end of May, 27th at the earliest we would hear about offers. Although I'll still be keeping an eye on the emails cause who knows really...

The induction will be for the 2 weeks before the 27th.

Boult wrote: »

Ye sounds likely. Let's hope no delays in vetting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭carzony

Serious talk of accelerated recruitment on the news last night. interesting times ahead.......

Got a letter in the post, saying I wasn't successful and that I'm generally not suitable for the gardai.

After going through the 5 rounds Im fairly pissed off by it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭RedmondHR

Quimby2016 wrote: »
    Got a letter in the post, saying I wasn't successful and that I'm generally not suitable for the gardai.

Why do they think your not suited for the garda? Did they say any reasons?

You should appeal the decision and see what comes of that. If they did'nt give reasons then call HQ and ask what the story is. I'm guessing it's a vetting issue at this stage?

Can anybody tell me if you get more than 2 chances to pass the pct?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Kellkraft

If you got a letter in post telling you that you didn't get in does that mean offers are out then?

RedmondHR wrote: »
    Why do they think your not suited for the garda? Did they say any reasons?

No, just "generally unsuitable" were the words used.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭RedmondHR

Jesus, like seems ridiculous for them to string you along for so long :/
    Do you know why they said that? Dont feel obliged to answer that as well. Just wondering if you have any idea why they would say that.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭tictac__x

Same thing happened to me in the last campaign. Just recieved a message this morning that I passed the interview this morning, hopefully it will not be the same story the 2nd time around but am fully expecting it

RedmondHR wrote: »
    Jesus, like seems ridiculous for them to string you along for so long :/
    Do you know why they said that? Dont feel obliged to answer that as well. Just wondering if you have any idea why they would say that.

The commissioner doesn't, by law have to give you a reason. There was a guy on here in a similar position that called HQ and got an explanation after a while though. I would be on the phone straight away demanding a reason. At least you know if you'd be able to compete in future campaigns.

They should begin vetting in the earlier stages so to avoid getting people's hopes up.

I'm more mad about the fact that I had to take holidays for every round and it was also putting the job I have now in jeopardy. Complete waste of time and not to mention travel costs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

I'm more mad about the fact that I had to take holidays for every round and it was also putting the job I have now in jeopardy. Complete waste of time and not to mention travel costs

Surely it must have been a family member with a dodgy past or some logical explanation

• Advertisement

D Trent wrote: »
    Surely it must have been a family member with a dodgy past or some logical explanation

Maybe, they obviously know more about my family then I do so! Ah, I'll live

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭tfitzgerald

Can anybody tell me if you get more than 2 chances to pass the pct?

If you fail the pct you feet a chance to redo it. If you fail the second time you can appeal and try for the third attempt. These appeals are usually allowed .Fail that and you are out you have to repeat the whole test not just the part you failed.

I passed the first time so panic averted. Thanks though for your reply. Any chance of us hearing this week about a call up to the college? Surely they will have to give us at least a months notice?

Can anybody recommend the best bleep test app to download, one that either mirrors the same stages and speeds they use or one that is as close to as possible? Do you only need to get one foot over the line before each bleep? Also, is somebody holding your feet during situps, im pretty sure they are but just want to confirm.

Bopper88 wrote:
    Can anybody recommend the best bleep test app to download, one that either mirrors the same stages and speeds they use or one that is as close to as possible? Do you only need to get one foot over the line before each bleep? Also, is somebody holding your feet during situps, im pretty sure they are but just want to confirm.

I have one thats simply called beep test, the app is green if that makes it easier to find. Its on youtube also. Yes there is somebody holding you feet for sit ups

I have one thats simply called beep test, the app is green if that makes it easier to find. Its on youtube also. Yes there is somebody holding you feet for sit ups

Thanks a mil for that abd congrats on passing. Is it okay to just have one foot over the line for each beep or do both feet have to be over?

Bopper88 wrote:
    Thanks a mil for that abd congrats on passing. Is it okay to just have one foot over the line for each beep or do both feet have to be over?

Thanks. Just touch the line with one foot, thats all you have to do. Turn on the spot if you know what I mean so you save energy

Thanks. Just touch the line with one foot, thats all you have to do. Turn on the spot if you know what I mean so you save energy

I get ya. I see a bleep test there thats green but it says its army and police, seems to have a lot of negative reviews in terms of incorrect speed at certain levels.I know they gave us the name of one to download at the supervised stage but I cant remember what it was, Ive been training away but want to make sure im not miles off with levels and speeds

Bopper88 wrote: »
    I get ya. I see a bleep test there thats green but it says its army and police, seems to have a lot of negative reviews in terms of incorrect speed at certain levels.I know they gave us the name of one to download at the supervised stage but I cant remember what it was, Ive been training away but want to make sure im not miles off with levels and speeds

Loughborough 20m bleep test!

• Advertisement

Loughborough is one I heard ppl on about. I'm sure there is plenty to choose from on the app store. Have u any idea of a date for your PCT or are you just preparing in plenty of time?

Advertisement