Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Garda Recruitment - Stage 5

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Bopper88

WhiteWalls wrote: »
    Loughborough is one I heard ppl on about. I'm sure there is plenty to choose from on the app store. Have u any idea of a date for your PCT or are you just preparing in plenty of time?

Itll definitly be in the next 2/3 weeks, have been doing prep but you hear so many different storys about different apps and all that so id hate to think I was under training

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭WhiteWalls

I know what you mean. PM me if you have any more questions

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Errigal14

Check emails, offers are out!! Im in!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭RedmondHR

Errigal14 wrote: »

Congratulations! !

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Boult

Where about in the OOM where you again do you remember? I didn't get any email yet anyway

• Advertisement

I'm in 1060's.

Nothing here yet.. Thought it was a phonecall?

Nothing here yet.. Thought it was a phonecall?
    Nope it's an email. Think it was only the first couple of intakes that got phone calls.

I'm in 1060's.

I'm over 1200 so i'll probably be in the next intake

Errigal14 wrote:
    Nope it's an email. Think it was only the first couple of intakes that got phone calls.

Grand, are you in the reserve stream?

• Advertisement

Errigal14 wrote:

Grand, are you in the reserve stream?
    No I'm from the 2013 campaign. It's been a long wait aha!

Errigal14 wrote:
    No I'm from the 2013 campaign. It's been a long wait aha!

Ha, ya that makes sense that you would be the first to get an email.. Fingers crossed I get one shortly ✌

Congrats by the way!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Kearneval30

Are the emails going to be sent out in batches again does anybody know?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 forevergreen

Has anyone else heard? Congrats Errigal14. I'm the 2013 campaign myself. Fingers crossed

I know a few ppl waiting including me who have not heard yet. No need to panic yet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Gnr_Iver

Congrats to all who have been successful so far. I can only imagine the torture of waiting so long if you've come from the 2013 campaign. I recently got my interview results, which I did last week, and I'm delighted with my placement.

Just waiting on my medical and fitness dates now.

Congrats Gnr, they are moving through it pretty quickly

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Jammydodger123

Congrats Errigal..:) when did you do the fitness test? What date is the intake?

Hey lads, I did the fitness test back in March...I see emails are being sent out, starting to get a bit panicky as I heard there's a intake the end of June...any info or help much appreciated! :)

• Advertisement

No need for panic, i know a good few ppl waiting on emails but nothing yet

No need for panic, i know a good few ppl waiting on emails but nothing yet

I'm over 1180...does order of merit really matter do ye think? The wait is actually sick.. I feel like they're gonna turn around and scrap the whole thing!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Highball3

I'm part of the new campaign but have medical coming up and wondering if anyone who's done it recently can give me a more detailed run through what exactly they do to assess you and then is fitness pretty soon after?

I'm over 1180...does order of merit really matter do ye think? The wait is actually sick.. I feel like they're gonna turn around and scrap the whole thing!

They hardly have 1200 ppl put thru medicals and pcts?

Highball3 wrote:
    I'm part of the new campaign but have medical coming up and wondering if anyone who's done it recently can give me a more detailed run through what exactly they do to assess you and then is fitness pretty soon after?

Bmi, urine test, sight, color blindness, hearing, blood pressure and a couple more random things like varicose veins. You should know before u sit it if u will pass or not

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 468 ✭✭Elliot192

Will they tell you on the day if you've passed the medical?

Elliot192 wrote:
    Will they tell you on the day if you've passed the medical?

Ya

• Registered Users Posts: 28 itsjustme85

Presumably he's oom is from 2013 campaign, as am I, also in 1100's

I can't imagine that now...The order of merit starts at 1180 + for my group...if one of the lads who posted in here was no. 1060 and he got an email recently then this would indicate up to 1180 will be in June's intake? I may be overanalysing here..

• Advertisement

I can't imagine that now...The order of merit starts at 1180 + for my group...if one of the lads who posted in here was no. 1060 and he got an email recently then this would indicate up to 1180 will be in June's intake? I may be overanalysing here..

But id say he is from the 13 campaign? I don't know for certain but I could not see how they could have that many thru, or anywhere near it to be honest

Id imagine that those figures are from the 13 campaign. I highly doubt anybody from the latest campaign will be in Templemore by June

I know ya.... we live in hope as ever I guess...:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Gnr_Iver

Has anyone got an email today about the information day in the college on the 28th may?

Congrats Errigal..:) when did you do the fitness test? What date is the intake?
    Thanks man. Did the fitness test at the start of February. Induction 13th, training begins 27th. I'd say it's the same situation as April where there will be two induction weeks, the first on the 13th then the second on the 20th. So people for the second induction week should hopefully hear word next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Highball3

Bmi, urine test, sight, color blindness, hearing, blood pressure and a couple more random things like varicose veins. You should know before u sit it if u will pass or not

Do they physically examine eyes&ears too or is it just the tests? Just worried that past medical issues might be present physically but hoping they don't stop me from passing the normal tests.
    As far as I know you're giving time to sort out any medical issues if you fail though?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Malarkey101

Gnr_Iver wrote: »
    Has anyone got an email today about the information day in the college on the 28th may?

Yep I did.

Yep I did.

Did you get an offer Malarkey101? Congrats if you did:-)
    Getting a bit deflated now:-(

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Malarkey101

Did you get an offer Malarkey101? Congrats if you did:-)
    Getting a bit deflated now:-(

Nah don't worry its for people who just passed the interview and have medical coming up. Answered someone elae asking but in wrong thread really. Sorry!

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭ryoishin

Errigal. Did you get a reply to the acceptance email or is it physical post they send out.

ryoishin wrote: »
    Errigal. Did you get a reply to the acceptance email or is it physical post they send out.
    No, they didn't send an email back to say that they've recieved my confirmation. Although whenever you do confirm acceptance they send out the info pack. Praying they got anyway aha....:unsure:

• Advertisement

Nobody else seems to have got offers for the June intake yet which is strange i would have though there would have been more people saying they got offers.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Mark010

Spoke to HR yesterday as my vetting is still outstanding ( completed medical and physical in December) Explained I was anxious I would miss june intake to be told by the manager that that had already happened as all offers for June have already been given out. Also told next expected intake is scheduled for September.

Mark010 wrote: »
    Spoke to HR yesterday as my vetting is still outstanding ( completed medical and physical in December) Explained I was anxious I would miss june intake to be told by the manager that that had already happened as all offers for June have already been given out. Also told next expected intake is scheduled for September.

How do you find out about your vetting Mark010?

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Mark010

How do you find out about your vetting Mark010?

I just rang and asked was my file prepared I'm in the OOM is in the 800s so when I missed april and rang to query. They said still vetting outstanding so when I seen Errigirl got word about June I rang again.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 atreyugk

Im not a regular contributor to this but I Got the email today about 6 o'clock. Down for induction on the 13th, cant wait now i applied with the 2013 application.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Kearneval30

atreyugk wrote: »
    Im not a regular contributor to this but I Got the email today about 6 o'clock. Down for induction on the 13th, cant wait now i applied with the 2013 application.

Congrats. Do you know what you are in the oom if you don't mind me asking?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 atreyugk

Congrats. Do you know what you are in the oom if you don't mind me asking?
    I think i was 1300 approx

I think i was 1300 approx

I'm in the 1200's and vetting is complete and i didn't get an offer strange! i'm not that bothered if i did get one for june i was going to defer it anyway so worked in alright

So all the offers for June are already given out? ��

So all the offers for June are already given out? ��

I don't think so, I rang today and the lady who answered said to keep checking the emails.

• Advertisement
Advertisement