Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Garda Recruitment - Stage 5

1107108109110111113»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Mark010

Again when i rang she told me I had missed the june as all the offers have gone out. Unless she meant the list was compiled and that due to my vetting being outstanding I wouldn't be on the list.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 RumHam

Another intake in September so not too long to wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Bopper88

Fitness on Monday, 30th June. Might make it in before my 3 year wait cones to a close 👅

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Savio11

Spoke to HRM yesterday and they said that all offers will be sent out by end of next week, heard from some people who were up in Templemore for PCT last few weeks that they are finding it hard to fill intakes due to Vetting issues and people failing PCT.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 forevergreen

Lads, got an offer today to head to Templemore on June 20th for induction week and to start training the Monday after! Just wondering has anyone deferred their placement or heard of anyone who has done so successfully or what reasons have they used?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Garda1234

Got an offer on Monday to attend induction the 20th of June and I was told to confirm by email before Wednesday 25th. I emailed to confirm but received no email back to let me know they got it. Should I have?

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Errigal14

Garda1234 wrote: »
    Got an offer on Monday to attend induction the 20th of June and I was told to confirm by email before Wednesday 25th. I emailed to confirm but received no email back to let me know they got it. Should I have?
    Congratulations to all that got offers for the 20th! No, they don't send an email back to say that they've received your confirmation. Best of luck for induction on the 20th and hopefully see you's on the 27th!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Garda1234

Errigal14 wrote: »
    Congratulations to all that got offers for the 20th! No, they don't send an email back to say that they've received your confirmation. Best of luck for induction on the 20th and hopefully see you's on the 27th!

Great thanks errigal, see you on the 27th.

Anybody who has repeated the fitness, whats the normal waiting time to be recalled. I locked out on my 28th situp, aced everything else, pissed off but at least I know I can do it. As I wont make June it'll be September now which is definitely going ahead according to a skipper down there,not sure what date, anyone heard?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 468 ✭✭Elliot192

Bopper88 wrote: »
    Anybody who has repeated the fitness, whats the normal waiting time to be recalled. I locked out on my 28th situp, aced everything else, pissed off but at least I know I can do it. As I wont make June it'll be September now which is definitely going ahead according to a skipper down there,not sure what date, anyone heard?

Sorry to hear that mate. I don't know the exact waiting time but we were told 3 months on Saturday and that they would be holding PCTs throughout the summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 itsjustme85

Elliot192 wrote: »
    Sorry to hear that mate. I don't know the exact waiting time but we were told 3 months on Saturday and that they would be holding PCTs throughout the summer.

2 induction groups again, 29th August & 5th September

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭AM11

Hey,

Does any one know about vetting and how much family members can effect the vetting process? If you have no history but an uncle or aunt or parent has some history will you be out of the campaign?

2 induction groups again, 29th August & 5th September

That sounds good, I had heard the end of September. Did you hear about those dates from the college?

AM11 wrote: »
    Hey,

Does any one know about vetting and how much family members can effect the vetting process? If you have no history but an uncle or aunt or parent has some history will you be out of the campaign?

The way they look at it is you can't pick your family, however there are limits, obviously, for example, if your uncle was part of a huge drugs ring then that'd pose an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 1eyedcat

Is anyone from the 2013 band still waiting for a call to templemore ? I passed my P.C.T may 30th

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 itsjustme85

That sounds good, I had heard the end of September. Did you hear about those dates from the college?

Yep

1eyedcat wrote: »
    Is anyone from the 2013 band still waiting for a call to templemore ? I passed my P.C.T may 30th

Im 2013 but have to redo part one of pct, messed up the situps, fingers crossed for september

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭laotg

Passed my PCT on the 30th May and starting in Templemore on the 20th June. I'm from the 2013 campaign.

Waiting for offers to come out is too painful. Has to be by end of July I reckon.

They'll have to be out soon. From looking at the Garda Trainees (Templemore) thread it seems people got the offers in the 1st week in August to be down in the 1st week in September for 2014.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 Comeonisaid

Hi guys,
    Down for my pct this Saturday, everything else done so this is the last hurdle. I'm just wondering,if I pass this Saturday would I be called for the September intake or the November intake? I'm in the mid to high 100s?
    Thanks

It depends on how many are ahead of you, I'm from 2013 myself so am very hopeful for Sep.Is your vetting back and have you had your 2 meetings in local station?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 96 ✭✭cluedo123

They'll have to be out soon. From looking at the Garda Trainees (Templemore) thread it seems people got the offers in the 1st week in August to be down in the 1st week in September for 2014.

Induction weeks are, 29th Aug/5th Sep and going by others that have had offers previously notice is given around 4 weeks before the intake.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Comeonisaid

It depends on how many are ahead of you, I'm from 2013 myself so am very hopeful for Sep.Is your vetting back and have you had your 2 meetings in local station?

Well I sent away for me vetting before me medical, and I've had the 2 meetings

Hopefully vetting is done then, any relatives abroad or did you ever live abroad?

Does that slow the whole process down? I lived in the US for a good few years :o/

Does that slow the whole process down? I lived in the US for a good few years :o/

It can do cus they would have to apply to the police over there and then wait for the response where as here they have everything at hand

I was hoping for the Sept intake at the start but I have a holiday booked in Sept and I also wouldnt mind waiting another month or two and being able to save up during that time. 184 a week is going to be a killer (IF I get that far).

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭MondeoMan92

I was hoping for the Sept intake at the start but I have a holiday booked in Sept and I also wouldnt mind waiting another month or two and being able to save up during that time. 184 a week is going to be a killer (IF I get that far).

From what I understand about the process you can differ your place but that won't necessarily mean you go down in the next intake it could mean being pushed down by 2 or more intakes. Im open to clarification if anyone knows for certain though

• Registered Users Posts: 5 KingCon90

Just got the message to say I got through the interview stage. I'm fairly fit so I'm not that worried about the pct , can anyone clarify how heavy the push pull machine is ? I'm quite small so I'm thinking it might be awkward to get a good push on it ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭MondeoMan92

KingCon90 wrote: »
    Just got the message to say I got through the interview stage. I'm fairly fit so I'm not that worried about the pct , can anyone clarify how heavy the push pull machine is ? I'm quite small so I'm thinking it might be awkward to get a good push on it ?

Its not a set weight. You just have to be able to exhert a force of 25kg on or or if you manage to finish the coarse in less than 3mins its 22.5kg. The hardest part is the beep test. Even for people that are fit. Do a few practice runs just to be sure

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭AudiKid

Did you try the bleep test yet?

If you can pass that then your laughing

AudiKid wrote: »
    Did you try the bleep test yet?

If you can pass that then your laughing

I haven't done a beep test in a while , the standard says 8.2 ? How many beeps is that ? I've just received an email aswell about the open day down in the collage , does anyone know of another date as I'll be out of the country at the 20th

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 144 ✭✭Vamp369

I rang HRM today as Ive passed the PCT and met the Sargeant and Super both done in mid June. They told me my vetting is still not complete. I thought the meeting with the Super is the last of the vetting?

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭AudiKid

Vamp369 wrote: »
    I rang HRM today as Ive passed the PCT and met the Sargeant and Super both done in mid June. They told me my vetting is still not complete. I thought the meeting with the Super is the last of the vetting?

I think that's just to meet you and vet you personally.

The rest of your family etc. Has to be vetted and I think that's why holds up people.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Kilcommon34

Hey, first time I've posted here. I got my interview results today and I've passed. My question is as I'm involved in sport ive picked up an injury and may be out for 6-8 wks. If I get offered to do the physical in that time frame can I postpone it till I am able to do the physical?

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭VW73

Hey, first time I've posted here. I got my interview results today and I've passed. My question is as I'm involved in sport ive picked up an injury and may be out for 6-8 wks. If I get offered to do the physical in that time frame can I postpone it till I am able to do the physical?

Yes you can defer your PCT., you will have to get letter from your GP stating your injury and email to HQ, Congratulations on passing interview

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Kilcommon34

VW73 wrote: »
    Yes you can defer your PCT., you will have to get letter from your GP stating your injury and email to HQ, Congratulations on passing interview

Thank you very much for your quick response, that's good to know. And thank you for your congrats. See what happens from here on in.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 WARRIOR08

Does anyone have a link to the bleep test audio. I cannot find it anywhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49 Tri83

If u have play store on your fone just type in beep test and install it. Or else try youtube. I installed the one on play store and just turn up volume on fone wen I'm practicing. It's very handy. Hope that helps. :)

Anybody get any information on a starting date down in templemore? I've passed everything and just wobdering are you gaurenteed to be going down in February if you passed all your tests/interviews

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭VW73

Anybody get any information on a starting date down in templemore? I've passed everything and just wobdering are you gaurenteed to be going down in February if you passed all your tests/interviews

Yes offers have been sent out for February intake. The vetting is the big thing with all stages passed you need vetting cleared, you could ring Dublin HQs they might be able to give you info, I've read on other threads people suggest that

Advertisement