Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Garda Recruitment - Stage 5

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭mickaleen

Rothmans wrote: »
    I'd say you're spot on there! That is the only explanation I can think of myself too!
    Also, why would they have medicals and physicals for people at the end of July start of August if they weren't needed until the new year. These medicals would be invalid in the new year.

Anyway, there's no major panic, we are on the list and they will come to us when they are ready. Nice to know its there for us.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭teaisgreat

Would love to know I when exactly the next medicals are. Plan was to go travelling for a month or two if I got into oct intake but now il end up hanging around for a medical.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭misshopeful1

Just a quick question for people who have already done their fitness test. Does an instructor count your situps and pushups? Or are you paired up and you count for your partner? Thanks :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭fitzzbill

Just a quick question for people who have already done their fitness test. Does an instructor count your situps and pushups? Or are you paired up and you count for your partner? Thanks :-)

What do you think?

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭jrobertos

teaisgreat wrote: »
    Would love to know I when exactly the next medicals are. Plan was to go travelling for a month or two if I got into oct intake but now il end up hanging around for a medical.

End of summer. They don't know themselves the exact dates yet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭octigen

Passed PCT today. Everyone in my group did but I think 2 people failed. One on sit ups and one on push ups. There were 40 people there today. So am I right in thinking the dates for PCT are/were 20th, 25th, 26th, 7th & 8th. Are there other dates? That's 200 people. Called hrm but didn't get much info. We might only get one weeks notice but there hoping to give 2. Vetting will be a deciding factor but they will be sticking to order of merit as much as possible. Start date is 21st.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭K.Hammett

octigen wrote: »
    Passed PCT today. Everyone in my group did but I think 2 people failed. One on sit ups and one on push ups. There were 40 people there today. So am I right in thinking the dates for PCT are/were 20th, 25th, 26th, 7th & 8th. Are there other dates? That's 200 people. Called hrm but didn't get much info. We might only get one weeks notice but there hoping to give 2. Vetting will be a deciding factor but they will be sticking to order of merit as much as possible. Start date is 21st.

I'm on the 27th.

octigen wrote: »

Congrats! I'm this Friday, 27th, too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 562 ✭✭✭ShodenMcClane

mickaleen wrote: »
    Also, why would they have medicals and physicals for people at the end of July start of August if they weren't needed until the new year. These medicals would be invalid in the new year.

Anyway, there's no major panic, we are on the list and they will come to us when they are ready. Nice to know its there for us.

For the october intake I suppose!

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭BRB

Congrats! I'm this Friday, 27th, too.

Me three.

As far as I know the Thursday PCT was cancelled and people had to reschedule for one of the other available dates.
    That's what I was told on the phone anyways.

• Advertisement

mickaleen wrote: »
    My own view on this is they have had medicals and physicals ( including the people for physicals this week and the 7th/8th of July ) for about 150-160 people. I think they did this to have sufficient numbers for the first intake. By doing this it gives them better odds of getting 100 people vetted and into class for July. Other 50-60 people will be ready to go in October then. This is only all speculation on my part.

That's exactly what they told me when I did my medical.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Rothmans

BRB wrote: »
    Me three.

As far as I know the Thursday PCT was cancelled and people had to reschedule for one of the other available dates.
    That's what I was told on the phone anyways.
    That's exactly what they told me when I did my medical.

Hmm I wonder if they'll wait until the group on the 8th is finished before they start sending emails for with start dates, or will they do it on a rolling basis. The fact that nobody has heard so far suggests that they'll wait until everybody is finished. Its so hard to to know! If they did otherwise, they probably wouldn't be sticking to the order of merit!

It's mad to think that we could potentially be starting Templemore on the 21st of July. That's less than a month!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Blaireness

Hmm I wonder if they'll wait until the group on the 8th is finished before they start sending emails for with start dates, or will they do it on a rolling basis. The fact that nobody has heard so far suggests that they'll wait until everybody is finished. Its so hard to to know! If they did otherwise, they probably wouldn't be sticking to the order of merit!

It's mad to think that we could potentially be starting Templemore on the 21st of July. That's less than a month!!!

I think they're waiting on vetting to come back, particularly for those of us who grew up abroad... And that could take a while apparently :S

I think they'll wait until all the pct dates have been completed. But again just my opinion.
    I think order of merit is out the window and it's just down to vetting forms coming back quick enough. Thankfully my form seems to be straight forward enough. One address and no relatives out of the country!

I think they'll wait until all the pct dates have been completed. But again just my opinion.
    I think order of merit is out the window and it's just down to vetting forms coming back quick enough. Thankfully my form seems to be straight forward enough. One address and no relatives out of the country!

I wouldn't say its out the window but its not the deciding factor.

Quote from HRM "We will be sticking to Order of Merit as much as possible".

I would suggest that they will have all PCT's and Medicals processed by Friday 11th at the latest. Top 100 in order of merit who's vetting is back by that date will probably get notified and make up the July intake.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭galalala123

I was told they would be notifying next week. Sure from all the PCT'S this week and last week they have their 94 excluding the 10 from irish stream!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 jacks wasted life

Is the HRM and Appointments number the same? Or are people ringing a different number for HRM?

I was told they would be notifying next week. Sure from all the PCT'S this week and last week they have their 94 excluding the 10 from irish stream!

You seem to be conflicting with octigen's point above. Sure, they'd have enough people from medicals and PCTs, but the point is that that wouldn't exactly be fair on those who came higher on the order of merit to offer their place to someone else just because they were assigned a later PCT date.

You seem to be conflicting with octigen's point above. Sure, they'd have enough people from medicals and PCTs, but the point is that that wouldn't exactly be fair on those who came higher on the order of merit to offer their place to someone else just because they were assigned a later PCT date.

Especially when they cancelled a days worth of PCTs and moved them to a later date!

Thats a good point too i juat dont see how they only give 10 days notice that will be crazy like....

• Advertisement

Were there PCT's today or were they all postponed?

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Hank26

Chinese last night, pizza tonight, I'm ready for pct tomorrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 205 ✭✭Shifty13

Walked past a dominos a few minutes ago, the temptation was unreal!!!!

Carb loading... Needs to be done

Hank26 wrote: »
    Carb loading... Needs to be done

Here's me eating bananas like they're is going to be a famine!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Shifty13 wrote: »

Bananas, pasta, spuds, etc that's what you want!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

Shifty13 wrote: »

Just don't eat 8 in a row.

You'll die

D Trent wrote: »
    Just don't eat 8 in a row.

You'll die

Challenge excepted!! haha

• Registered Users Posts: 25 nios89

So lads, is the general consensus that people in the 200's wont be called for a while ye reckon?! Havent heard a peep since meeting with super last week? Anyone in the low 200s different?!

• Advertisement

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    Bananas, pasta, spuds, etc that's what you want!

etc= bacon cheeseburger and curry chips

The nerves be strong in this one :-/

Roll on tomorrow evening. Can't wait to be done. Best of luck to everyone facing the fitness test in the morning. Hopefully we'll all smash it! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭20times

Best of luck to anyone up tomorrow, ye will fly it! !

Too damn early. Wouldn't mind if it was in the afternoon.

Anyways, good luck today I'm sure we'll smash it. Make sure to bring a nice little lunch!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭WilcoOut

Plenty of encouragement - get each other through it

if the world cup has thought us anything, its that team spirit prevails!

Dont bite anyone either

WilcoOut wrote: »
    Plenty of encouragement - get each other through it

if the world cup has thought us anything, its that team spirit prevails!

Dont bite anyone either

What if it's just a little nibble during the beep test?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 400 ✭✭djor88

Good luck to all doing the PCT today.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭wideasagate

Good luck today anyone down below!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 lukie92

Guys who do i ring if i want to get in contact with them to try to defer my physical?

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭20times

lukie92 wrote: »
    Guys who do i ring if i want to get in contact with them to try to defer my physical?

HRM Id imagine

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Kmac123

nios89 wrote: »
    So lads, is the general consensus that people in the 200's wont be called for a while ye reckon?! Havent heard a peep since meeting with super last week? Anyone in the low 200s different?!

Met with sergeant and inspector 2 wks ago. Haven't heard anything about medical or pct yet. Have been told that I'm looking at second intake so waiting game now!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭WilcoOut

What if it's just a little nibble during the beep test?

Then theyll be all at it!

• Registered Users Posts: 12 lcrossan884

Hey to any females that have done the fitness test already, how did youse find the push pull machine?

Hey to any females that have done the fitness test already, how did youse find the push pull machine?

As a fairly short girl, tough enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 lcrossan884

Blaireness wrote: »

yeah in also quite small so worried about that part!

Blaireness wrote: »

How much did you pull out of interest, and did you push more or less than you had thought you had been pushing?

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭ann.lewis

You'll be ok. Use your legs. Its mostly technique. Push with your legs when you get your stance and give it wellie

I passed everything today!:D

How much did you pull out of interest, and did you push more or less than you had thought you had been pushing?

23.5 and sweet Jesus I thought I'd gotten more. Then again the thing was practically hitting me in the face haha

• Registered Users Posts: 2 laracroft838

Any idea how many people are still in?? Well done everyone who passed the fitness!!

Any idea how many people are still in?? Well done everyone who passed the fitness!!

Did anyone fail today??

• Advertisement
Advertisement