Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Garda Recruitment - Stage 5

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Blaireness

Did anyone fail today??

At least 2 people did... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12 lcrossan884

Blaireness wrote: »
    I passed everything today!:D

congrats! Im still waiting for a date for mine, had meetings with sergeant and super a couple weeks ago but heard nothing since!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 laracroft838

Did anyone fail today??

i heard there was a huge fail rate. Almost 50/50. What did people find most difficult? You can repeat the part you failed right?

i heard there was a huge fail rate. Almost 50/50. What did people find most difficult? You can repeat the part you failed right?

Ah that's bollucks. No way did that many people fail, or even close to that!

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭galalala123

No id say 3 or 4 in every session. That was the case in mine last week

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭octigen

No id say 3 or 4 in every session. That was the case in mine last week

Ya thats about right from Wednesday also. There were 40 there.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Hank26

I think there was 4 who failed the morning session today. No one had failed the second session by the I had left

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Rothmans

23.5 and sweet Jesus I thought I'd gotten more. Then again the thing was practically hitting me in the face haha

Well done! Although I'm a 5' 10 '' male and weigh over 60kg myself, I'd still be a bit concerned that I'd make a haims of it :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭BRB

3 or 4 fails today. Don't think anyone failed the afternoon session.

Passed it with ease. Happy out. Celebrations tonight!

• Advertisement

BRB wrote: »
    3 or 4 fails today. Don't think anyone failed the afternoon session.

Passed it with ease. Happy out. Celebrations tonight!

Well done! What did you push on the push pull machine?

Rothmans wrote: »
    Well done! Although I'm a 5' 10 '' male and weigh over 60kg myself, I'd still be a bit concerned that I'd make a haims if it :-(

You'll rock it! You'll definitely get under 3 minutes which means you'll only have to average 22.5kg.

You'll rock it! You'll definitely get under 3 minutes which means you'll only have to average 22.5kg.

Here's hoping :-D

23.5 and sweet Jesus I thought I'd gotten more. Then again the thing was practically hitting me in the face haha

Were you in group C? If so, pretty sure I was chatting to you after the push pull before I ran the obstacle course.

Were you in group C? If so, pretty sure I was chatting to you after the push pull before I ran the obstacle course.

That was me alright, the one with the brown hair :D c7 haha

• Registered Users Posts: 25 nios89

Kmac123 wrote: »
    Met with sergeant and inspector 2 wks ago. Haven't heard anything about medical or pct yet. Have been told that I'm looking at second intake so waiting game now!

Im not the only one so!! The waiting game is tough! Cant plan anything! When I met the super he said I was looking at january?!?! And im just over 200! But im hoping for October considering some people unfortunately didnt make it through. Then again once I get in doesnt matter when! Hope your training is going well!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭r_k.com

I had my medical this week and got a bit of info of the lady who was organising physical dates. She said that if you fail the physical you will get another chance in October to do it and same with medical (within reason) so if you are outside the top200 it could very well be January. She also said they are running behind on the background checks and still waiting on one department and they were hoping to have them processed by Monday and then the first ones should be coming back a week or so after that.
    Well done to everyone who Passed so far.

That was me alright, the one with the brown hair :D c7 haha

Yup. I remembered you came out delighted you passed with 23.5!
    Well done again! I was d2, black and orange top

Rothmans wrote: »
    Well done! What did you push on the push pull machine?

Did 41kg without really going as hard as I could.
    Rocked the obstacle course in 2 minutes 16.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭K.Hammett

Did 41kg without really going as hard as I could.
    Rocked the obstacle course in 2 minutes 16.

The instructor didn't even give me my time on the obstacle so im just going to assume I passed :)

Managed 49kg on the push pull.

K.Hammett wrote: »
    The instructor didn't even give me my time on the obstacle so im just going to assume I passed :)

Managed 49kg on the push pull.

I just asked what the time was as I was curious!
    Fair play to ya

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭K.Hammett

I just asked what the time was as I was curious!
    Fair play to ya

Well done to you and everyone else today.

Still feel like im in the dark about the whole thing even at this stage though. I just want an email that says "you're in!".

K.Hammett wrote: »
    Well done to you and everyone else today.

Still feel like im in the dark about the whole thing even at this stage though. I just want an email that says "you're in!".

We'll get it at some stage. All down to the vetting now. Completely out of our hands!

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭misshopeful1

Ladies, fear not the push-pull machine... i passed my fitness test today - i managed 32kg, whilst choking up a lung after the obstacle course! :-P An average level of fitness will definitely get people through (and lots of willpower!) Best of luck in the rest of the fitness tests.

I don't know about anyone else, but i feel about a stone lighter after having FINALLY completed all the stages of this campaign. They didn't make it easy. We should all be proud of ourselves. Over and out, See ye at School! :-)

It's finally set in that I've finished everything and just waiting for an offer.

Can't make any travelling plans until July offers come out. Anyone speculate when these will be?

Also, good luck to anyone who has yet to do the fitness. You'll smash it. Beep test is so much easier in a hall. Push-ups and sit ups in a group I found was easier as you kinda push each other through them.

It's finally set in that I've finished everything and just waiting for an offer.

Can't make any travelling plans until July offers come out. Anyone speculate when these will be?

Also, good luck to anyone who has yet to do the fitness. You'll smash it. Beep test is so much easier in a hall. Push-ups and sit ups in a group I found was easier as you kinda push each other through them.

What's your merit score roughly?? I rang last week and they said they hoped to notify by next week but i dont see how that will happen if people haven't done their pct yet.

P.s it feels awesome to have everything finished. Been a tough journey.

What's your merit score roughly?? I rang last week and they said they hoped to notify by next week but i dont see how that will happen if people haven't done their pct yet.

P.s it feels awesome to have everything finished. Been a tough journey.

Roughly 180s. So I'm not expecting a July offer. But I wasn't expecting a medical either or fitness. So you just don't know....

Been a long journey!

Roughly 180s. So I'm not expecting a July offer. But I wasn't expecting a medical either or fitness. So you just don't know....

Been a long journey!
    you never know with the vetting and everything!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Kmac123

Been a long journey!

Congrats on finishing!

I'm 180, didn't get medical or fitness yet so with failures/vetting delays/ others like me! You could be in in July

Best of luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭WilcoOut

To hear something this week would be fantastic!

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭wideasagate

I'm off Monday and Tuesday, I'll be watching the post man and email like a hawk... It'll kill me if we get word after that and I'm sitting in work thinking about it!!!

• Advertisement

I'm off Monday and Tuesday, I'll be watching the post man and email like a hawk... It'll kill me if we get word after that and I'm sitting in work thinking about it!!!

I know I'm in. Pressures off and just a matter of when. I don't think I'll mind which class but I'd prefer July!
    Emails on the phone so the second I get it I'll know!!

Do you think it'll be an email or a letter?
    Due to the time frame my bets are on an email

Contract will have to be post, I'm in dept of justice and when I got offered my job I got rang first to make sure I still wanted in and then got sent contracts, actually I'd say that's how they might do it!

Contract will have to be post, I'm in dept of justice and when I got offered my job I got rang first to make sure I still wanted in and then got sent contracts, actually I'd say that's how they might do it!

Time is against them so id say an email will be fired out first!

Imagine tomoro.......

It's like waiting on the stage results again

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭20times

Meant to be heading to the sun for a week on the 10th, cant wait to find out so can figure if I can still go. If they're posting contracts then it'll probably rule out going. Hopefully we'll hear very soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

20times wrote: »
    Meant to be heading to the sun for a week .

Jesus! be careful when your there

D Trent wrote: »
    Jesus! be careful when your there

Good one!

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭thedirtydevil

Don't think you sign any contract until you are in Templemore. Suspect it will be.email.

We're all so close now! Here's hoping mine isn't held up to much though, I'd love to be in the July intake :)

• Advertisement

We're all so close now! Here's hoping mine isn't held up to much though, I'd love to be in the July intake :)

Did you live abroad too? I looked to get vetting done myself from the embassy but they were having none of it. Takes weeks online

Did you live abroad too? I looked to get vetting done myself from the embassy but they were having none of it. Takes weeks online

Yep three different foreign addresses on my application...

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭thedirtydevil

What does the vetting actually entail?

I thought it was just the local station doing a quick check on all the family members (and you) on your form on the system and then a quick call to the named referees on the form as well to verify and support your application?
    I suppose if you live abroad its a call to the local station over there as well? Or does the vetting go through a few different parties - i.e not just your local station?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 400 ✭✭djor88

Wouldn't the contract only come into play when you finish your training? As you're not officially a member until that stage?

Just give me the damn job!!

djor88 wrote: »
    Wouldn't the contract only come into play when you finish your training? As you're not officially a member until that stage?

There'll have to be a contract for trainees.

• Advertisement

Does anyone hold out hope for being notified this week or has anyone made contact with appointments today yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 30 timmy99

I was told last week it was going to be via email!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 205 ✭✭Shifty13

timmy99 wrote: »
    I was told last week it was going to be via email!!

I concur (trying to sound educated)

I don't have much hope for this week. Rather not spend my week glued to emails and anticipating an offer!

That's easier said than done I suppose

I don't have much hope for this week. Rather not spend my week glued to emails and anticipating an offer!

That's easier said than done I suppose

We would be far too lucky to hear anything this week i agree

doesnt stop me wishing tho!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement