Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Garda Recruitment - Stage 5

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Scouser

20times wrote: »
    I was told 21st July again by HRM yest!

no doubt you were and I hope it comes to pass

but this is AGS

ya got to learn to read between the lines :cool:

any good investigator will tell you, its not important the info your given, its the info your not given that is the crux of the matter!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭King Ludvig

jrobertos wrote: »
    I was told early August when I met the super

When did u meet the super?

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭20times

Scouser wrote: »

but this is AGS

any good investigator will tell you, its not important the info your given, its the info your not given that is the crux of the matter!

Ive info from a few others in AGS that they're still pushing for the 21st. That was as of monday anyways!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭rocky911

Welcome to AGS lads!! Get use to it ! haha

best of luck to all who enter the college this year and to those waiting best of luck in the next stages.

Scouser wrote: »

but this is AGS

But obviously like everyone else Im not counting on the 21st!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Scouser

20times wrote: »
    But obviously like everyone else Im not counting on the 21st!

nobody will be happier than me if i am there the 21st but i am just reading between the lines

I am praying i am wrong

Yeah sure there's every chance they won't make the 21st but if they're still aiming for it then there's still a chance! They won't be giving too much notice!

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭jrobertos

When did u meet the super?

About 3 weeks ago but he was confident it would be august before everything would b sorted

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭r_k.com

At least if the date is pushed back the chances of going by order of merit increases. Which is bad news for me but that's fair I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭BluesAndThrees

Just one question, guys. Hope some of you might be able to help.

I'm still to do my PCT within the next week and I'm worried about the press-ups. Didn't make the open day due to work. I've to do 25 of the damn things but how strict are they? By this, I mean if I do 20 and hold a position for about ten seconds and then belt into the next 5 (without stopping, restarting, lowering my body etc.) would that suffice? Only part of the PCT that I'm really worried about.

Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Blaireness

That should be fine, pray that you don't get the man who's a stickler for form. Light a candle or get your granny to :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

I'm still to do my PCT within the next week and I'm worried about the press-ups. Didn't make the open day due to work. I've to do 25 of the damn things but how strict are they? By this, I mean if I do 20 and hold a position for about ten seconds and then belt into the next 5 (without stopping, restarting, lowering my body etc.) would that suffice? Only part of the PCT that I'm really worried about.

Thanks!

Pretty sure you're ok if you hold the position, you just can't stand up and take a break obviously. Others here will be able to give you better info. All the best!

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭wideasagate

Thanks![/quote

You'll be grand that way, most people couldnt believe how easy it was on the day, weather it was the adrenaline or what. They aren't strict on technique but you prob won't need the few seconds break but you can rest!

Thanks![/quote

You'll be grand that way, most people couldnt believe how easy it was on the day, weather it was the adrenaline or what. They aren't strict on technique but you prob won't need the few seconds break but you can rest!

The adrenaline did wonders on the day!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭WilcoOut

Thanks!

I did about 28 pressups all in all

instructor wasnt happy with form on three of em

a girl ahead of me failed by 1 pressup. She barely did the last one and collapsed and shes failed due to bad form

that is strict

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭carzony

is it fair to say that the fitness test introduced this year is the hardest test ever introduced?

Was worried about the fitness test but found it very easy. Struggled with press ups beforehand, no probs on the day and not strict about form at all. Obstacle course was easy nearly everyone did it in 2.40 ish

Thanks for all the replies! Getting a little nervous at this stage. Appreciate the help :)

Thanks for all the replies! Getting a little nervous at this stage. Appreciate the help :)

Focuss that nervousness and use it to your advantage

last hurdle!

The plan is still an intake of 104 approx by the end of the month according to the minister this week on kildarestreet.ie

Fingers crossed!
    I propose to take Questions Nos. 390 and 419 together.
    The Public Appointments Service (PAS) are managing this recruitment process on behalf of the Garda Commissioner and I have no direct involvement in the matter. However, I am informed that following receipt of 24,000 applications, PAS invited candidates to complete Stage 1 of the competition which consisted of an assessment questionnaire and reasoning tests which were undertaken on-line. I understand that around 18,000 candidates completed this stage and fewer than 13,000 candidates reached a satisfactory standard. Those who did achieve a satisfactory standard were placed in three bands determined by their overall scores.
    The top 5,000 candidates (i.e. those in Band 1) were invited to take a subsequent battery of tests and of that number, just over 3,000 were successful. The top 600 of that group were then invited to supervised assessments and interviews. These interviews have now been completed and successful candidates have had their details forwarded to the Garda Commissioner under whose direction, candidates will undergo physical, medical and security checks. Those remaining from Band 1 will be brought forward for further assessment as required in accordance with Government policy. PAS will revisit those candidates in Band 2 and possibly Band 3, if required.
    The next intake of recruits to An Garda Síochána (104 approx.) are scheduled to commence training in the Garda College, Templemore, in late July 2014.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

Some of you might like to know that in the familiarisation material issued to the next group for stage 3 in Dublin, we do not need any statement of results from state examinations commission re Leaving cert.

All we need to bring is our exam number and public jobs will contact SEC to verify results. Great to see some forward thinking/joined up thinking call it what you will

The next intake of recruits to An Garda Síochána (104 approx.) are scheduled to commence training in theGarda College, Templemore, in late July 2014.

could we hear tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭BRB

WilcoOut wrote: »
    The next intake of recruits to An Garda Síochána (104 approx.) are scheduled to commence training in theGarda College, Templemore, in late July 2014.

could we hear tomorrow?

Still two pct dates left next week. Maybe the end of that week?

BRB wrote: »
    Still two pct dates left next week. Maybe the end of that week?

I have everything done

they can feel free to contact me tomorrow ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭BRB

I have everything done

they can feel free to contact me tomorrow ;)

Haha so do I! I'd love to know now but I doubt that's how it's going to work out...

Only time will tell!

could we hear tomorrow?

It'll be next week most likely the girl from hrm said on the phone yesterday.

Today's the day, I'm finally cracking up waiting! I'm so damn nervous about issues with the vetting.... AGH

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭carzony

Blaireness wrote: »
    Today's the day, I'm finally cracking up waiting! I'm so damn nervous about issues with the vetting.... AGH

what issues mate? something that might come up?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Santa Cruz

Can't wait to see the Government ****e with their good news for Garda propaganda

• Advertisement

Least we can enjoy the weekend and it can all begin again on Monday!

carzony wrote: »
    what issues mate? something that might come up?

I lived abroad so it could take a while and other than that, parking fines. Not even Garda issued ones, just traffic warden ones. But until I get confirmation I'm offered a place, I'll be on edge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 997 ✭✭✭Peppa Cig

I lived abroad so it could take a while and other than that, parking fines. Not even Garda issued ones, just traffic warden ones. But until I get confirmation I'm offered a place, I'll be on edge.

If thats your only issue you will get the offer ;)

Peppa Cig wrote: »
    If thats your only issue you will get the offer ;)

Haha love the name!

Another week rolls by.......

Two more PCTs to go, one on Tuesday and one on Wednesday, so Id be hopeful for invitations on Thursday or Friday perhaps!

• Advertisement

Two more PCTs to go, one on Tuesday and one on Wednesday, so Id be hopeful for invitations on Thursday or Friday perhaps!

Very hopeful!

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭r_k.com

Iv my pct on Monday. I think it's Monday and Tuesday there is none Wednesday.

Sorry yeah, meant to say Monday and Tuesday! Best of luck to yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Carroller

Did any who was looking to get deferred til the 2nd drive have an success with that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Rothmans

Carroller wrote: »
    Did any who was looking to get deferred til the 2nd drive have an success with that?

We might have to wait for the offers to come put first to defer it I reckon.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

Is there any specific reasons people want to defer. I'd say they would defer for people who have a very sick relative or something

I may have done ligaments in my knee playing football today, but that is a strong maybe. Need a scan on Monday to see what the damage is! I would be physically sick If I had to do the whole drive again in 3-5 years times

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭thekopend

I may have done ligaments in my knee playing football today, but that is a strong maybe. Need a scan on Monday to see what the damage is! I would be physically sick If I had to do the whole drive again in 3-5 years times

Can you walk on it?

thekopend wrote: »
    Can you walk on it?

No, on crutches at them moment. Can put weight on it but not enough to walk on my own

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Rothmans

No, on crutches at them moment. Can put weight on it but not enough to walk on my own

Tbh, given that July will be the first intake of about 800 recruits over the next three years, I can't see there being a problem with you deferring.

Rothmans wrote: »
    Tbh, given that July will be the first intake of about 800 recruits over the next three years, I can't see there being a problem with you deferring.

Hoping I get good news and just a strain of some sort or a jarred knee and I won't need to, providing I do get offered July/august...

Has anyone done the over-nighter in Templemore for their PCT? Any idea if you're given breakfast/where you can go to buy some? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭almeraguy

Has anyone done the over-nighter in Templemore for their PCT? Any idea if you're given breakfast/where you can go to buy some? Thanks

I didn't stay overnight but when i asked about staying i was advised to bring food with you as you won't get anything in the college.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Lojak

Ye I stayed for my PCT. There is breakfast in the canteen, you have to pay for it , but there is a good choice. Also the shop in the college is open .

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭misshopeful1

I did my PCT on June 27th. I think that was day 3 of PCTs. How many were in the first two groups? I wonder how many are in Tomorrow and Tuesday's groups? I am placed in the low 130s, trying to figure out my chances of making the first intake in July between all the fails and deferrals. Plus the fact that i'm a woman and we're quite out-numbered! :-P The wait is such a killer. 'Mon HRM... put us out of our misery soon please! :-)

• Advertisement
Advertisement