Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Garda Recruitment - Stage 5

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭WilcoOut

Rothmans wrote: »
    Yeah, but the impression that I got was that the college wouldn't be ready (due to the lack of immediate availability of instructors) until September. So if you're ready to roll now, it won't be any good to you if the rest of Templemore isn't :P

Also, vetting may be another consideration which is holding things up.

College is ready and instructors rostered

guy i served with is teaching IT and hes rostered for july 21st

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭hopeful8

Ive heard of a few people that were in the same boat before aswell! Are you a garda already?

Yes, best of luck with your training !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Although September is a fair way off I personally think it won't start on the 21st, 2 weeks today. Maybe early August. As I've stated before, some employees must give minimum notice. How can the state law enforcement body ask their new trainees to break contracts with current employees!? Madness.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭thekopend

If it's worth anything a person I no who has every stage passed was told September aswell lately(don't ask me by who), and they are not on boards. Pretty ****e for people who have notices in if it is the case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭King Ludvig

This is second or third hand info at this stage lads but, apparently, one of the people who failed the fitness test today was on to HRM who told them the same thing, that the first intake will be pushed back till September.

I'll be ringing myself tomorrow to see what they say.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭teaisgreat

Have my notice handed in, no going back now. Let's hope they'll let those of us that do claim unemployment benefit while we're in limbo.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭galalala123

This is second or third hand info at this stage lads but, apparently, one of the people who failed the fitness test today was on to HRM who told them the same thing, that the first intake will be pushed back till September.

The people who have failed surely wont be allowed repeat tgeir fitness before then would they??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭redsurfer

Lads I spoke to HMR today. They said that they are working toward a 21st start.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

teaisgreat wrote: »
    Have my notice handed in, no going back now. Let's hope they'll let those of us that do claim unemployment benefit while we're in limbo.

You can claim, the problem is the time it takes to process your claim. Also you can only claim from the date you submit your claim so get in the day you finish work or as soon as possible. There's a State Benefits forum here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=861 if you need more information :)

Also have my notice in.

My understanding was that if you were let go you can claim job seekers straight away, however, if you resigned, you can't sign on for 6 weeks?

EDIT: thanks for the link KERSPLAT. It seems that if you quit your job you can be denied job seekers for up to 9 weeks if the deciding officer considers you reasons for leaving as insufficient.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 562 ✭✭✭ShodenMcClane

thekopend wrote: »
    Pretty ****e for people who have notices in if it is the case.

If you ask me anyone who handed in their notice before being offered a place needs their head checked.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭teaisgreat

If you ask me anyone who handed in their notice before being offered a place needs their head checked.

Had to give 2 months notice with the contract I'm on. It's going to take that long to find and train my replacement. Didn't think I'd get to serve the full 2 months notice but looks like I will now.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭BRB

People have contracts that they needed to adhere to. We were told July on countless occasions. They wanted to play it safe so fair play to them.

Contractually obliged to give one months notice. Not overly concerned anyway, if it is delayed I'll use the time to do some travelling before signing my life away!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 562 ✭✭✭ShodenMcClane

Contractually obliged to give one months notice. Not overly concerned anyway, if it is delayed I'll use the time to do some travelling before signing my life away!

Nice, enjoy it!

Yeah, fair play to people for covering their contracts but I maintain that leaving a job without already being offered a job in the current climate is a ballsy/crazy move. I for one have never heard of any government projects being pushed back or canceled...

Nice, enjoy it!

Yeah, fair play to people for covering their contracts but I maintain that leaving a job without already being offered a job in the current climate is a ballsy/crazy move. I for one have never heard of any government projects being pushed back or canceled...

Couldnt care less what my contract stated - i wouldnt hand my notice in without having the official date

you have basically resigned from a job for nothing

madness

• Registered Users Posts: 16 jacks wasted life

hopeful8 wrote: »
    Congrads to those of you passing the physicals. I can tell ye that it is bein said that there will be no starts until September now. The reason being given is because under European labour laws they have to giv recruits a months notice, it was rumoured at work at the weekend and a fitness instructor from the college said it to me today.

Ah here. Maybe they are pushing back the start date, but someone is having a laugh if they are saying it's because of EU labour law. Minimum terms of notice only apply to termination of employment.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭keano007

Personally, I did the medical on a Thursday, pct on the Friday and started the Monday. It was madness but then again it was a different time.

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Scouser

All signs pointing to start date being pushed back - a damn shame

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭wideasagate

Best of luck to any one down below today. We're nearly there!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

I kind of half wouldn't mind the delay, as I'd be able to keep working and save for another wee while.

I just want to know one way or another so that I know when to hand in notice for.

Phone is on the desk being stared at every five minutes. Cracking up here.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭octigen

Anyone contact HRM today? I did yesterday and was told 21st of July but no real conviction in the answer.

Would be amazed now if that is the case. Really need to let us know one way or the other in the next couple of days.

Dear HRM

we love you

Always and forever

Regards
    the panel

PS Can we have jobs now?

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Blaireness

WilcoOut wrote: »
    Dear HRM

we love you

Always and forever

Regards
    the panel

PS Can we have jobs now?

I love this <3

Wilco - they will see right through it, your only in it for one thing and one thing only :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭thedirtydevil

octigen wrote: »
    Anyone contact HRM today? I did yesterday and was told 21st of July but no real conviction in the answer.

Would be amazed now if that is the case. Really need to let us know one way or the other in the next couple of days.

Did they say if it would be by email/letter/phone that they would let you know? I assume email as everything else has been done that way and is quicker/cheaper.

Emails will be the mode of news

imagine they sent the invites last friday and it was stuck in their drafts folder.......

imagine they sent the invites last friday and it was stuck in their drafts folder.......

I wouldn't be surprised...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 205 ✭✭Shifty13

hahahahahahahahahahaha that would not surprise me

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭almeraguy

Have you tried turning it off and on again????

• Advertisement

almeraguy wrote: »
    Have you tried turning it off and on again????

Yup

i also turned it up to 11

So anyone at the PCT today? How did it go and any word on an intake date?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Rothmans

Any luck with HRM?

Just finished nights in my current place, spent the night thinking wonder are these my last night's here.... Please god let there be an offer to wake up to!!

Just finished nights in my current place, spent the night thinking wonder are these my last night's here.... Please god let there be an offer to wake up to!!

Doubtful today I reckon. HR will probably be just processing the results from yesterday, but I hope I'm proved wrong!

Rothmans wrote: »
    Doubtful today I reckon. HR will probably be just processing the results from yesterday, but I hope I'm proved wrong!

Shouldnt take too long to separate passes from fails

Shouldnt take too long to separate passes from fails

I hope so. But also cross-referencing them against vetting could take the day, especially given that they'll want triple check everything for mistakes etc.

It would be a pleasant surprise though to get good news today!

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭BluesAndThrees

There are still a few to meet senior members/supers I'm told. A few said this at recent PCTs. Whether this will hold up the first batch or not remains to be seen

Last 2 emails from HR have been late evening......

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭r_k.com

Last 2 emails from HR have been late evening......

Stop I'm a wreck reading this. The speculation makes me even more anxious. If I'm not in the first intake I'll go out of my mind with all this waiting around. Realistically they got the results yesterday evening or early this morning. It will take at least the day to cross reference everything. So it will probably be tomorrow. But going by what they have been like in the past they will probably torture us some more and it will be Monday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭octigen

Rang HR. They haven't being told anything other than 21st but have heard a lot of talk about it being pushed back but nothing official. They are just waiting on the go-ahead to send the invites once they have got an official date. Will have to be this week she said if the start date is 21st.

I wish someone would just make a decision on it FFS!

Good news is my vetting is back and cleared. :)

Its hard not to speculate - everyone is consumed by it!

All my friends, family and well wishers are checking in with me on a daily basis so its impossible to keep my mind off it

Not long left boys and girls…..sit tight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 205 ✭✭Shifty13

octigen wrote: »
    Will have to be this week she said if the start date is 21st.

hmmmm bit of a hint??/ wink wink nudge nudge :)

I rang there and they said they are back but they are working on checking them now and she wouldn't tell me either way. Sickened. Urghhhhhhhhhhh I feel like iv aged ten years with this process

Mine still isn't back :(

Blaireness wrote: »
    Mine still isn't back :(

They just told you straight out?

They just told you straight out?

Yeah but that was all they'd say.

Blaireness wrote: »
    Yeah but that was all they'd say.
    Where you kinda feel fobbed off I got the impression that they were really busy and under pressure and basically go away you will have your answer soon enough

r_k.com wrote: »
    Where you kinda feel fobbed off I got the impression that they were really busy and under pressure and basically go away you will have your answer soon enough

Nah she was polite enough, but kinda just sound tired of saying the same old thing. It wasn't the woman I'd spoken to all the other times though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭galalala123

If its september they wont be giving us an answer this soon at all theyll wait until august. All the uncertainty is killing everyone why dont they just tell people what the story is.

Advertisement