Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Garda Recruitment - Stage 5

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭WilcoOut

Blaireness wrote: »
    Mine still isn't back :(

So your holding it all up.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

WilcoOut wrote: »
    So your holding it all up.......

I hope that's a joke

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭wideasagate

She just said to me "yours is nearly complete" my vetting is back so she just must mean their process, she wouldnt tell me it was okay for definite as I could be anyone ringing asking but she didn't leave me worried. I asked about the 21st, she said even they don't know, the commissioner hasn't made a decision

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Rothmans

I was told that there are still discussions in progress re when the start date will be.
    Looking unlikely to be this week I reckon :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭thedirtydevil

Rothmans wrote: »
    I was told that there are still discussions in progress re when the start date will be.
    Looking unlikely to be this week I reckon :-(

Have they said how they will be notifying people etc?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭octigen

Have they said how they will be notifying people etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 lukie92

Is there anyone under the 200 bracket still waiting on word on the medical and fitness tests? Getting worried at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭mickaleen

I am still waiting, same as yourself. I rang one day and was told the end of the summer, she didn't say which year though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Kmac123

lukie92 wrote: »
    Is there anyone under the 200 bracket still waiting on word on the medical and fitness tests? Getting worried at this stage

Yep, 180. No word on fitness or medical yet. Have met sergeant and super. Was told I'm looking at next intake

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭mickaleen

On another note, if say the rumors are indeed correct and everything is on hold until Sept, that brings up another issue for the second intake. Would anyone who did their medical in June/July have to redo it for the second intake?? I am assuming that it will be Jan before the second intake will be in.

• Advertisement

mickaleen wrote: »
    On another note, if say the rumors are indeed correct and everything is on hold until Sept, that brings up another issue for the second intake. Would anyone who did their medical in June/July have to redo it for the second intake?? I am assuming that it will be Jan before the second intake will be in.

I think it lasts for 6 months so I'd say they'll try get the second batch in while it's still valid

mickaleen wrote: »

A worrying thought. But as kersplat said, as long as the two classes are in by Christmas, there should be no issues on that front. Once they decide a start date, it should go pretty smoothly from there on out I reckon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭King Ludvig

The rumour mill continues.....apparently funding is the cause of the delay......

The rumour mill continues.....apparently funding is the cause of the delay......

Where's that coming from?

DoJ or DoF?

I'd be surprised if they managed to fund the campaign just fine up until this point but just ran out of money.

Last year they needed a supplementary budget, and it looks like this year they'll need one too:

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/news/70m-hole-in-garda-budget-hits-crime-fight-30336142.html

I doubt this is the reason for the hold-up though. Given how publicised this campaign was, there were bound to be places earmarked in Templemore, and plans put in place for the inevitable intakes this year!

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭misshopeful1

STAHP IT !!! :-/

Funding a campaign is small money, funding 8months of training and wages is another

entirely plausible reason for the hold up

IF there is a shortfall, the money will have to come from somewhere. Other branches of the civil and public service have been recruiting quite a bit lately. Given how important this frontline emergency service is, and that no classes have gone into Templemore in the last 5 years, its pivotal that the next few intakes get in asap. The numbers have apparently already fallen below the minimum threshold set by Callinan and Shatter.

Funding a campaign is small money, funding 8months of training and wages is another

entirely plausible reason for the hold up

Hopefully that's all it is, and the matter will be resolved asap!

• Advertisement

Hopefully that's all it is, and the matter will be resolved asap!

A hold up that could drag on until budget day in october

justices needs arnt top of the priorities list in finance

#LeSigh

Head. Wrecked.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭galalala123

I heard that the staff havnt been trained up yet. But could all be rumours. Judging by what HRM are saying, or more importantly not saying, there is definitely some hold up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Carroller

I'm happy with the delay :o

Carroller wrote: »

You're in the minority, i imagine! ;-)

Carroller wrote: »

You should be banned!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Carroller

Ah I'll be looking for a deferral anyway I imagine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭King Ludvig

Not sure where that rumour is originating from lads, I heard it from a full timer but sure it's all chinese whispers at this stage. It does sound a little more plausible to me than the EU law rumour.

BTW, WilcoOut your inbox is full, can't reply pal.

Not sure where that rumour is originating from lads, I heard it from a full timer but sure it's all chinese whispers at this stage. It does sound a little more plausible to me than the EU law rumour.

BTW, WilcoOut your inbox is full, can't reply pal.

Did a clearout

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭thedirtydevil

Wonder if got delayed until Sept or so would they put in 200 or so in one intake? Based on the 6months period for a medical needing to be redone they will want nearly 200 in before December. Think fair to say it won't be July 21st. I know cases in past of few days notice but not for a whole group to just get a week or so notice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭mrDerek

out of curiosity how long do you spend down in the college before you graduate?

mrDerek wrote: »
    out of curiosity how long do you spend down in the college before you graduate?

8months

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Scouser

Today!?

TODAY!?

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Blaireness

Scouser wrote: »
    Today!?

TODAY!?

What?!

Not that it's a huge consolation, but the applicants over on the army|navy 2014 recruitment forum appear to be going through the same frustrating waiting and wondering. Although, their campaign started two months after ours and they're already finished medicals.

• Advertisement

Not that it's a huge consolation, but the applicants over on the army|navy 2014 recruitment forum appear to be going through the same frustrating waiting and wondering. Although, their campaign started two months after ours and they're already finished medicals.

Ill dying to go on holidays to lebanon i bet

Ill dying to go on holidays to lebanon i bet

My mate is just back from her time there. She loved it! Nice few extra bob too ;-) Wouldn't be for me though, i have to admit. I wouldn't like to be out of Ireland for so long. Too much of a homebird :-)

My mate is just back from her time there. She loved it! Nice few extra bob too ;-) Wouldn't be for me though, i have to admit. I wouldn't like to be out of Ireland for so long. Too much of a homebird :-)

Its a great earner. Friend of mine is out there now.

Scouser wrote: »
    Today!?

TODAY!?

I reckon this week is looking unlikely now. Hopefully early next week, but I'm not holding my breath!
    I'm glued to this forum, even though there's nothing happening on it :-P

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭r_k.com

I reckon this week is looking unlikely now. Hopefully early next week, but I'm not holding my breath!
    I'm glued to this forum, even though there's nothing happening on it :-P

I'm the same with every passing day is looking less unlikely of a July starting date. Has anyone rang today to see if there background checks are back?

• Advertisement

Patience should have been listed as one of those 6 competencies... seriously. I'm so over the lack of information and apparent disorganisation of this entire campaign. I hope to god they let us know before the weekend!!! :-/

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭galalala123

They cant send out offers to us if they dont even know the date so i'd say its unlikely this week. They should email us and tell us what is going on though at least!

They should email us and tell us what is going on though at least!

Hear hear!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 205 ✭✭Shifty13

Although it is annoying it could be worse, we could be in band 2 or 3.

Be happy, your foot is nearly in the door!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭r_k.com

Rang again. I know I'm turning psychotic! Well she said she cannot relay any info over the phone and wouldn't tell me about vetting everything is ready to go their end just waiting on a date from above.

r_k.com wrote: »
    Rang again. I know I'm turning psychotic! Well she said she cannot relay any info over the phone and wouldn't tell me about vetting everything is ready to go their end just waiting on a date from above.

I wonder are they trying to decide how many of us they can afford to take in for the first batch? I remember the minister saying in the dáil recently that the first intake number had yet to be finalised.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 205 ✭✭Shifty13

I wonder are they trying to decide how many of us they can afford to take in for the first batch? I remember the minister saying in the dáil recently that the first intake number had yet to be finalised.

Well if they take on the top 50 only, i'm happy

Minister said 104 only 2 weeks ago

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kaizersoze81

http://www.thejournal.ie/gardai-haddington-road-1563997-Jul2014/

Could this have anything to do with the holdup I wonder.this meeting only happened today. Not enough savings have been made on Haddington road agreement in the Gardai. Shortfall of several million. Bad news

Could this have anything to do with the holdup I wonder.this meeting only happened today. Not enough savings have been made on Haddington road agreement in the Gardai. Shortfall of several million. Bad news

Oh dear! :-/

• Advertisement
Advertisement