Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Garda Recruitment - Stage 5

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Blaireness

They told somebody else last week that all the vetting is back and they were just waiting for the permission to release results and give offers. Are they just fobbing us all off?!

No idea, all I know is that according to them, my file has not been returned and I'm not the only one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Blaireness wrote: »
    No idea, all I know is that according to them, my file has not been returned and I'm not the only one.
    You're holding us all up, how rude!!

/says me who could well be in the pile of forms that haven't come back yet for all I know.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭octigen

It might be end of the month before we know so we may as well forget about it. Even If they leave it until August 1st its still giving everyone 4 weeks notice which is plenty. Also gives everyone's vetting a chance to come back and will allow them to stick to the order of merit which I think all would agree would be the fairest thing to do.

It's just a pity July was ever mentioned as a date!

My own opinion is that they will take the first 2 intakes together in September but just speculating.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭wideasagate

octigen wrote: »
    It might be end of the month before we know so we may as well forget about it. Even If they leave it until August 1st its still giving everyone 4 weeks notice which is plenty. Also gives everyone's vetting a chance to come back and will allow them to stick to the order of merit which I think all would agree would be the fairest thing to do.

It's just a pity July was ever mentioned as a date!

My own opinion is that they will take the first 2 intakes together in September but just speculating.

I think the same about the two groups together.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭mickaleen

They don't have enough medicals and physicals done for that to happen. If they were going to take 2 intakes for Sept they'd want to be calling the rest of us ASAP and I was told when I rang a few weeks back I would not be getting called for a medical until the end of the summer. Hope your instinct is correct though.

• Advertisement

Ron DMC wrote: »
    You're holding us all up, how rude!!

/says me who could well be in the pile of forms that haven't come back yet for all I know.

:)

From what I understood, there are quite a few forms yet. She mentioned waiting for a batch and I asked her to clarify that it was a batch of peoples and not just multiple parts of mine :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Carroller

September!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭WilcoOut

Atleast its getting a bit of media attention!

End aug/start sept - that will do!!

We should hear shortly so

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭ann.lewis

Transfers of instructors to the college is Sept 2nd. So will be a few days after that but you are all going. There's no doubt about it.

Hang tough and you'll be there :)

Keep fit, slim down or bulk up what ever your preference and the it won't be long ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 33 PaulMCKM

I have just done stage 3 and am wondering if there is anyone who has made it through that had not finished the report writing fully at stage 3?

I know I can't talk about the video so I'll try explain how I got on without giving anything away.

I did give all the details that I could catch on the first page and on the second page I gave the accounts of the 2 people involved but never got to start what was said by the third person although any details were on the first page.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭misshopeful1

Carroller wrote: »
    September!

What paper is that? Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭teaisgreat

What paper is that? Thanks!

Irish independant

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Scouser

So if the papers say start date is September - in Garda speak that means Christmas week!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 205 ✭✭Shifty13

Scouser wrote: »
    So if the papers say start date is September - in Garda speak that means Christmas week!

September of what year? did they specify haha

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭almeraguy

the thoughts of having to wait longer....... another 7 or 8weeks easily untill the start date

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 400 ✭✭djor88

Jesus - what an absolute shambles and joke, typical Ireland, typical guards, how can things like that be so disorganised?

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Chirper

Brilliant... God knows when the second intake will be called after reading that.

I would be expecting to be in the second batch but I don't mind the waiting as I am in full time employment. Be a bit of a disaster for anyone waiting who are currently unemployed. Still though at least we know its on the way. Be much worse if they said recruitment is cancelled indefinitely!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Chirper

I know im the same but i just want to get in and get going. Sick of all the waiting around and ive a feeling its only going to get worse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭r_k.com

A disgrace we had to hear from the papers.

mickaleen wrote: »
    be much worst if they said recruitment is cancelled indefinitely!!!!

That was my fear! Pulling the plug on the whole thing. Can you imagine?! Sickened wouldn't be the world. Fingers crossed we hear something soon :-)

I would be expecting to be in the second batch but I don't mind the waiting as I am in full time employment. Be a bit of a disaster for anyone waiting who are currently unemployed. Still though at least we know its on the way. Be much worse if they said recruitment is cancelled indefinitely!!!!

True, but we should not have to hear this from the papers, we shouldn't have to be hanging on in limbo like this. There's absolutely no consideration given to applicants. We applied when? November/December? Over 8 months ago - surely that's more than enough time to sort out an actual confirmed start date for 3 classes.

Very disheartening to say the least

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭WilcoOut

djor88 wrote: »
    True, but we should not have to hear this from the papers, we shouldn't have to be hanging on in limbo like this. There's absolutely no consideration given to applicants. We applied when? November/December? Over 8 months ago - surely that's more than enough time to sort out an actual confirmed start date for 3 classes.

Very disheartening to say the least

Nearly as bad as when they failed us all

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭ann.lewis

That was my fear! Pulling the plug on the whole thing. Can you imagine?! Sickened wouldn't be the world. Fingers crossed we hear something soon :-)

Happened before !

ann.lewis wrote: »
    Happened before !

I know! Hence the dread! :-P

WilcoOut wrote: »
    Nearly as bad as when they failed us all

Ya. It really hasn't been the smoothest ride for us all!

• Registered Users Posts: 25 nios89

Good grief! I would be hoping to be in the second batch aswell, they best not cancel or not approve it!! I couldnt handle any more cancellations, its like Garth Brooks all over again! :O

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 997 ✭✭✭Peppa Cig

In the indo article, How did ya one on the left get through the medical and physical tests.....

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭almeraguy

Peppa Cig wrote: »
    In the indo article, How did ya one on the left get through the medical and physical tests.....

Good honest hard work I'd say!

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭galalala123

They wont pull the plug on it. One recruitment was all that was confirmed all along officially but there will be more. It's not like before where they had to scale back for the recession. If they dont stick to these recruitments there will be blue flu and uproar in the media. It just might be january for the second intake!!!

They wont pull the plug on it. One recruitment was all that was confirmed all along officially but there will be more. It's not like before where they had to scale back for the recession. If they dont stick to these recruitments there will be blue flu and uproar in the media. It just might be january for the second intake!!!

Hopefully you're right - i don't expect them to cancel the classes, but you would think some consideration and honesty would be given to people that have come so far and put so much into going for these positions.

I know people will say "get used to it", "this is how the guards work" etc... But that still doesn't justify it or make it right.

Long long long process.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

I'm just delighted that we seemingly will be able to give appropriate notice to our current employers.

If it's September it's September and so be it. More time to prepare for essentially being on the dole for those of us used to a full salary at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Lojak

If this is the case then anyone who did a medical in June and is in the second batch will have to resit a medical as they only last 6 months.!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Hank26

Lojak wrote: »

If this is the case then anyone who did a medical in June and is in the second batch will have to resit a medical as they only last 6 months.!!

Back on the diet so

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Rothmans

Lojak wrote: »

Yeah. I doubt they'll let that happen though. I suspect they may take in two batches of 150 instead of three batches of 100 to avoid this

I doubt that Rothmans, I reckon they'll take the 100/104/105 in September and then bring the next batch in sometime in December.

I doubt that Rothmans, I reckon they'll take the 100/104/105 in September and then bring the next batch in sometime in December.

Yeah, that was the other theory I had, and hopefully it'll pan out like that. I am in the top 100 with everything passed, so I should be in the first class, depending on vetting of course! However, if I'm put in the second class, I would hope it would be in December, as I don't relish the thought of having to repeat stage 5!

I wonder how far up they'll go up the order of merit for the first class, given medical fails/deferrals, as well as the high rate of fails at physical.

Rothmans wrote: »
    Yeah, that was the other theory I had, and hopefully it'll pan out like that. I am in the top 100 with everything passed, so I should be in the first class, depending on vetting of course! However, if I'm put in the second class, I would hope it would be in December, as I don't relish the thought of having to repeat stage 5!

I wonder how far up they'll go up the order of merit for the first class, given medical fails/deferrals, as well as the high rate of fails at physical.

If I were to hazard a guess I would say anyone someone at the 120-125 mark would be borderline for first intake.

• Advertisement

I spoke to HR a while back, they said October class would likely be November, as Oct was too soon after July (obviously changed now) but that they wouldn't start a class in December because of Christmas, so if November isn't happening, then we'll be looking at January i'd imagine.

And if you rang them back again today you'd be told something else and likewise tomorrow etc.....nobody knows really what's happening....

Fruitless to speculate about the second class - sure the first one has been parked for the time being!

Close this thread now so we may preserve our sanity!!!

So, what do you reckon lads and ladies, do you think we will hear anything this week?

So, what do you reckon lads and ladies, do you think we will hear anything this week?

Well according to that independent article, we can expect to be informed 'shortly'. But what constitutes 'shortly' is anyone's guess.

Well they are in no rush now as such as it 6 weeks away. Still would be surprised if we still have nothing heard this day week.

octigen wrote: »
    Well they are in no rush now as such as it 6 weeks away. Still would be surprised if we still have nothing heard this day week.

Same here. Given that they had been working towards the 21st of July, I would think that they'll let us know pretty quickly once they get the official date!

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Chem Lord

Havn't posted in a while, my six week deferral is up next week and I'm wondering if they'll have another round of pcts soon. Seeing that article in the independant this morning has made me doubt that they will even have a second intake!

Chem Lord wrote: »
    Havn't posted in a while, my six week deferral is up next week and I'm wondering if they'll have another round of pcts soon. Seeing that article in the independant this morning has made me doubt that they will even have a second intake!

Ah given that they're bringing the second tranche from band forward I wouldn't worry about that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭mrDerek

Rothmans wrote: »
    Ah given that they're bringing the second tranche from band forward I wouldn't worry about that

great word :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement