Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Garda Recruitment - Stage 5

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭WilcoOut

Friday lads - lets all just keep the positive vibes on friday

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭fitzzbill

Anyone on to them today?

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Scouser

For my GR training I got a letter with a start date

However that followed on after a phone call and email from HR asking was a still available to begin the training

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭20times

Was anyone on to them today for an update?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Rothmans

20times wrote: »
    Was anyone on to them today for an update?

Doesn't look like it. Have we any volunteers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Rothmans wrote: »
    Doesn't look like it. Have we any volunteers?
    Haven't rang yet, don't want to look desperate by starting now.

I'm fairly patient. I'm sure we'll hear soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭mickaleen

Was speaking to HR there today and all going well they are hoping to send out emails on Thursday and you will also be contacted by phone ( to confirm your still interested etc ).

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Chirper

Wahaaaaaay!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Eireannach01

mickaleen wrote: »
    Was speaking to HR there today and all going well they are hoping to send out emails on Thursday and you will also be contacted by phone ( to confirm your still interested etc ).

Excellent. Good on you for phoning and letting us know. Roll on Thursday then.

• Advertisement

No probs. Was told that a lot more of the vetting for people in the top 100 or so has been received so they will be making up most of the first intake. Best of luck everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 whysosirius

Would I be right in assuming that anybody who doesn't make the 1st intake won't hear anything this week?

The excitement!!

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭galalala123

Might make my odds a little less now. Im JUST outside the top 110!!! Anxious wait.

Might make my odds a little less now. Im JUST outside the top 110!!! Anxious wait.

Id say your in!!!!!

Tenner says you are

WilcoOut wrote: »
    Id say your in!!!!!

Tenner says you are

Deal. 2 pints in polly's!!! Ha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭BRB

No probs. Was told that a lot more of the vetting for people in the top 100 or so has been received so they will be making up most of the first intake. Best of luck everyone.

Probably won't make the first batch if this is the case. Saves me some college fees anyway!

Deal. 2 pints in polly's!!! Ha

Quiet night ;)

Quiet night ;)

Head down! Ha. Im genuinely worried now though!

You still have a chance of going in the first batch. Was told most of top 100, not all. Anyone in the top 150 have a chance of getting in IMO. I've no chance but I feel like I have received a kick in the nuts. Was used to the fact I wasn't in the first intake, then got called for medical and physical last week and was lead to believe we'd be in the first batch. Then getting that news today was a setback but if people ahead of me have everything cleared then that's the fairest way of things being done. We'll just have to sit tight for another few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭eroc79

Just been on another board and someone mentioned that second batch won't be in til February. Anyone else hear or see anything?

• Advertisement

Just been on another board and someone mentioned that second batch won't be in til February. Anyone else hear or see anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭fergie199

eroc79 wrote: »

when you say the second batch are you talking about the ppl thats dont the interviews medicals and fitness already?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Rothmans

Link?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Royal Seahawk

Would I be right in assuming that anybody who doesn't make the 1st intake won't hear anything this week?

I'd imagine so.

fergie199 wrote: »
    when you say the second batch are you talking about the ppl thats dont the interviews medicals and fitness already?

I took it to mean the next intake to Templemore after this September will be February next. Don't know how to link but it was mentioned on the clerical officer boards. There is a similar process going on there. Online aptitude tests were finished last week

fergie199 wrote: »

I took it to mean the next intake to Templemore after this September will be February next. Don't know how to link but it was mentioned on the clerical officer boards. There is a similar process going on there. Online aptitude tests were finished last week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭King Ludvig

Don't suppose they gave an indication of an intake date? 1st? 8th? 15th?

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭BluesAndThrees

Another board? Have you been cheating on us?

Another board? Have you been cheating on us?

Yes ;)

Let's not forgot that there was reportedly a substantial number of failures at medical and fitness tests in the first round of physicals/medicals, so that should certainly give a fair amount of people outside the top 100 a decent chance of getting through. I'm under 120, so I'm just praying that will be enough to get me in, but I suppose I will just keep saying my prayers for the rest of this week!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Chem Lord

I'm in the 100-105 bracket myself. I really hope I get the call, fingers crossed!!

Chem Lord wrote: »
    I'm in the 100-105 bracket myself. I really hope I get the call, fingers crossed!!

I'd say you are in no bother at all. Definitely more than 5 failed!!!

For certain your in if your vetting is clear!

I know 1 dropout, 1 fail and 1 deferal all ahead of you!! So your up 3 spots already

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Dongaz

Am sure that if they had any issues with your vetting they would ring to talk to you about it.

What exactly is involved with the vetting? I thought it would be straight forward enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

For certain your in if your vetting is clear!

I know 1 dropout, 1 fail and 1 deferal all ahead of you!! So your up 3 spots already

I'm being nosey now :) why did the person defer?

D Trent wrote: »
    I'm being nosey now :) why did the person defer?

Something to do with medical/fitness . Id say will be in second class tho

Dongaz wrote: »
    Am sure that if they had any issues with your vetting they would ring to talk to you about it.

This would have happened with meeting with local sgt and super

Let's not forgot that there was reportedly a substantial number of failures at medical and fitness tests in the first round of physicals/medicals, so that should certainly give a fair amount of people outside the top 100 a decent chance of getting through. I'm under 120, so I'm just praying that will be enough to get me in, but I suppose I will just keep saying my prayers for the rest of this week!!
    That's why I reckon anyone ranked upto about 150 has a chance to get in. Lots did fail or get deferred. Not long more to go now anyway.

• Advertisement

This would have happened with meeting with local sgt and super
    The person in HR told me yesterday that most peoples ( those who did their medical/physical in June ) vetting has come back since the second batch were called for medicals/physicals in late July.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

As far as I know they are looking to take 104 or 105 per intake so between deferrals, fails and no-longer-interesteds you'd be a dead cert IMO.

But only 94 from the main stream, 10 from irish side. Thats why im worried sitting just above 110

I don't think expecting 16 people to have dropped out for the reasons mentioned above is a crazy concept.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭misshopeful1

I'm placed in the early 130s and hoping to make the first intake too. Does anyone remember, from the original literature, what minimum % of women they want in each intake? I think it was 25%, but that seems a little high.

Anyway, best of luck to everyone tomorrow! :-) Finally, we'll know! I'd like to say the last 2 months have been great craic on here, but let's be honest, it's been painful! Long and painful! :-P

I'm placed in the early 130s and hoping to make the first intake too. Does anyone remember, from the original literature, what minimum % of women they want in each intake? I think it was 25%, but that seems a little high.

Anyway, best of luck to everyone tomorrow! :-) Finally, we'll know! I'd like to say the last 2 months have been great craic on here, but let's be honest, it's been painful! Long and painful! :-P

I dont remember and percentage being disclosed.......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭misshopeful1

I dont remember and percentage being disclosed.......

There was alright. It was mentioned in a press article too... A certain % women and a certain % irish speakers. Anyway, it's no biggy. All will be revealed tomorrow (please god!) i guess :-)

Yea I vaguely remember something about a quota of female applicants too actually.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 205 ✭✭Shifty13

There was alright. It was mentioned in a press article too... A certain % women and a certain % irish speakers. Anyway, it's no biggy. All will be revealed tomorrow (please god!) i guess :-)

Id say a minimum of 25% female. but to be honest, it will be alot more than 25% based on the amount of female candidates that are in the top 100.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Ugh, quotas. How I despise quotas...

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭nilsonmickey

I can't understand this....

A new recruit earns somewhere in the region of 23k a year. Why would anyone sign up for this and the bullsh1t that comes with it?

• Advertisement
Advertisement