Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Garda Recruitment - Stage 5

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭galalala123

BOOM!!!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

We're in business.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Blaireness

Can't wait to meet you all!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭mickaleen

TooLate wrote: »
    Im in....Need to defer tho:( wonder will i be allowed!!!Anyone else in the same position?
    I'll swap with you, no bother....lol

• Registered Users Posts: 35 HungryMantis

Yippee ki yay mother****ers!

See ye on the 8. Roll on Templemore!

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Lojak

No email for me either, are they staggering them or did everyone get them at the same time?

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭misshopeful1

I GOT IN!!! :-)
    FAAAAAAAAAK!!!
    ERMAHGERD!!!

See ye at school! :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Well done everyone, delighted they finally sent them!

• Registered Users Posts: 38 babybell

Placed outside top 150 and got in I can't believe it. See yas on the 8th

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭higglepiggle

Vetting not back for some peeps

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭teaisgreat

Finally! I'm 170s and I got one! Was hoping but not really expecting one! Anyone know how many were offered places?

Vetting not back for some peeps

Did you get an email? Did you ring HR to ask?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭higglepiggle

Lojak wrote: »
    Did you get an email? Did you ring HR to ask?

Rang the other day and it wasn't back, no email today unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭BRB

Placed 180s and offered a place. It's sunk in now. I'm freaking out.

Delighted! Can't wait to meet all the boardsies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭WilcoOut

Notice handed in!!!

G'd luck!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 jacks wasted life

Rang the other day and it wasn't back, no email today unfortunately

Rang them there, vetting didn't come back for me either. Ranked mid-30's so I'm fairly sick to say the least.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭wideasagate

I'm in! Life is good and delighted to be giving in my notice tomorrow!!

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭jrobertos

For those who have yet to do medical and physical. How long do ye think until they will start the process again

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Chirper

Such a pain in the ****. Got called for the medical and physical and they let me believe i had a chance. Now it all begins again. The rumours, the wondering and checking boards every 5 mins. I wont be sorry to see the back of this website if this charade ever ends.

Rang them there, vetting didn't come back for me either. Ranked mid-30's so I'm fairly sick to say the least.
    Same boat myself, said there are a few reports to come back, what you think could be holding it up, I live abroad for one year but had only one address ther so cant see why it should take so long. Fairly sickened the not knowing is going to kill me for another few months.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 289 ✭✭Rushden

Did my medical 6 weeks ago and was deferred and still haven't heard a thing so wouldn't be surprised if there are more in the same situation, would explain a lot of people high on the order of merit getting in the first batch. When I rang a couple of weeks back I was told the chief medical officer was on leave, seemed like bad timing to be on leave a few weeks after medicals when he has to approve all people who were deferred

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Chirper

Same boat myself, said there are a few reports to come back, what you think could be holding it up, I live abroad for one year but had only one address ther so cant see why it should take so long. Fairly sickened the not knowing is going to kill me for another few months.

Did they give any indication of what lies ahead or is it just sit and wait?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭thekopend

So what do the emails say, so I can dream about getting one

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭K.Hammett

Wahey! Got the email. Can finally relax about it.

Congrats to everyone!

Chirper wrote: »
    Did they give any indication of what lies ahead or is it just sit and wait?

Basically that we wont make the first class and that they cant say when a second classs will be taken.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 400 ✭✭djor88

jrobertos wrote: »
    For those who have yet to do medical and physical. How long do ye think until they will start the process again

Hi - I'm in this boat, I did my medical and was offered fitness test for start of July but had to put it off due to an injury.. I rang HRM asking about a rough date or time for the next batch of fitness tests, they said "probably September or October" - but really, nothing is set in stone.

I don't think they know any more than we do at this stage. Hopefully now that the ball is rolling for the 1st class, things might start moving for the rest too.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Kizzy08

Well done everyone

Originally they had a class in for July and November. I don't know whether Nov will be approved now as July was held up til September. Look its not an ideal situation but at least we're through the medicals and physicals, so just keep tipping away with a bit of training and our day will come too. Its not all doom and gloom. Also, congratulations and best of luck to everyone who got their email today.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 jacks wasted life

Yeah, no idea what could be holding mine up tbh. Like I'm in my early 20's, have never lived abroad, had two addresses here and never had so much as a penalty point. The woman I was onto said that it was probably my aunts/uncles who lived in busy districts that were holding it up but she was clearly grasping at straws when I told her my situation.

Honestly, if they told me this is May/early July I would have said grand and gone about my business but I've since taken a gamble and turned down two different Masters.

mickaleen wrote: »
    Originally they had a class in for July and November. I don't know whether Nov will be approved now as July was held up til September. Look its not an ideal situation but at least we're through the medicals and physicals, so just keep tipping away with a bit of training and our day will come too. Its not all doom and gloom. Also, congratulations and best of luck to everyone who got their email today.
    Only problem with this is , if the second class is not in before Christmas then we have to redo the medical as it isnt valid after 6 months.

• Advertisement

Yeah, no idea what could be holding mine up tbh. Like I'm in my early 20's, have never lived abroad, had two addresses here and never had so much as a penalty point. The woman I was onto said that it was probably my aunts/uncles who lived in busy districts that were holding it up but she was clearly grasping at straws when I told her my situation.

Honestly, if they told me this is May/early July I would have said grand and gone about my business but I've since taken a gamble and turned down two different Masters.

Ye Im fairly similar in the sense that im turning down chances of courses because Im not sure when I will be taken, they should really tell us what the holdup is and how long we will be waiting so we can get on with our lives.

Only problem with this is , if the second class is not in before Christmas then we have to redo the medical as it isnt valid after 6 months.
    Not so. I asked this question on the day of my medical and was told if we didn't make the first batch our medicals would hold even if it went over the 6 months. Don't ask me how that works but was told that by HRM.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Bloodwing

octigen wrote: »
    The wait is nothing compared to what the wait will be like for the e-mail informing us where we are going to be stationed!

I'd say anyone not fluent in Irish will be heading to a Dublin station anyway, pearse St, store st and the Bridewell most likely!!

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Dongaz

Bloodwing wrote: »
    I'd say anyone not fluent in Irish will be heading to a Dublin station anyway, pearse St, store st and the Bridewell most likely!!

Won't be email for classes, was told by serving members that you are told at the end of training in the big lecture hall in front of everyone. It's just read out.

Dongaz wrote: »
    Won't be email for classes, was told by serving members that you are told at the end of training in the big lecture hall in front of everyone. It's just read out.

Each class senior will get a list once hr issue the bulletin. It can be passed around or read out but its not in the lecture theatre.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭redsurfer

I'm at Pollys waiting for u lot as I'm in too. Hell yes. I don't think it be that quiet for long soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 562 ✭✭✭ShodenMcClane

Congratulations to everyone, sounds kind of bitter of me but I'm sitting here gutted thinking of everyone getting their emails. It will be a long wait for us hoping to be in the second class, still waiting to do my medical and physical too.

Congrats again to everyone though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 michaeld134

Was ranked 107 and no email. Hr told me that there was a delay with vetting for my uncle in Scotland and only returned on Friday and everything now has to be reviewed before offer can be given. So please will a few of yous defer? Ha

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭mycro89

Congrats all, did any candidates fail the background stage? how many were accepted ? How many are still in the running ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 radonk

very disappointed..:( was placed in the first 100 but apparently my vetting hasn't come back..im not irish so was expecting the vetting to take a while but almost 2 months seemed enough.. anyway, I hope there will be another intake.. Good luck to everyone going in September, I hope you will post some info about live in the College.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭JonathanP

well done everyone hopefully things will get goin again soon,,,, for those who didnt get through does this mean they are out of the running altogether? I know its a sore subject at the minute

• Registered Users Posts: 5 radonk

JonathanP wrote: »
    well done everyone hopefully things will get goin again soon,,,, for those who didnt get through does this mean they are out of the running altogether? I know its a sore subject at the minute

I was told once my vetting is done I will be offered a place in the second intake

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

JonathanP wrote: »

I think most are just delayed until their vetting comes back. I'm sure there will be a few, not necessarily on here, that will fail the vetting but I'd imagine they are very few and far between

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭JonathanP

radonk wrote: »
    I was told once my vetting is done I will be offered a place in the second intake

so Once you have your physical medical and vettong and you dont get a place in this one youll get one in second place?

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭octigen

Surely Limerick/Galway/Cork will get a percentage. Hardly send all to Dublin! Plus loads I met through the stages are from the capital!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Chem Lord

What makes you say this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 562 ✭✭✭ShodenMcClane

"One of the major population centers" I think was the phrase they used in chapter house at stage 3 for where people would be stationed for their first 2 years after their 8 months in Templemore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭Hareton

Congrats to those who got their email

octigen wrote: »
    Surely Limerick/Galway/Cork will get a percentage. Hardly send all to Dublin! Plus loads I met through the stages are from the capital!

I'd say most will go to Dublin as that's where the most people are looking to get out of. It would make sense to send the new recruits to the DMR and move the people who have had transfers in for the last 6 or 7 years to the likes of Limerick/galway/cork. There's a lot of "country folk" looking to get back closer to the family home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭WilcoOut

What a feeling lads!!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement