Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Garda Recruitment - Stage 5

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19 jmone

Vetting hadn't been cleared. Sickened

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭BluesAndThrees

Vetting hasn't been cleared yet. I should be there. The words I want to use would get me banned on here. Dark day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Rothmans

I'm a happy man today :) Cannot wait to hand in the notice!!!

A new chapter . . . . . in all our lives :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭WilcoOut

What a feeeeeeeliiiiiingggggg

Were dancing on the ceeeeiiilllliiiiiiiiinnnngggg

Lino Richie - gwan ya whoore ya!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭20times

Nearly as highly placed as could be and vetting not back, sickened doesn't come close to describing how I feel today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5 So so

Not back or not clear same myself but they would not tell me

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭BluesAndThrees

So so wrote: »
    Not back or not clear same myself but they would not tell me

I'm in the same boat. Surely they're obliged to tell us if it's not clear? At least that way we'd know we're out of the game

Do they think we have no feeling stomach sick since news

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭higglepiggle

I'm in the same boat. Surely they're obliged to tell us if it's not clear? At least that way we'd know we're out of the game

I was under the impression that you would be contacted if there was an issue with vetting

Me to when will they tell us either way

• Advertisement

Seems not their is a prob with mine not me "you know what I mean extended family"

• Registered Users Posts: 25 nios89

Unfortunately not, I asked HRM this myself the day of my medical. They can tell if its back but can not and will not tell you if its clear. Theyre not obliged to tell you, to protect the privacy of say, a member of your extended family who has something in their background. Or of course, other reasons...

Totally unfair

I keep spontaneously erupting into a celebration like i have just scored a winning goal or try in a world cup!

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Lojak

So so wrote: »
    Totally unfair

Im so sick, we are in complete limbo for what could be 6 months , if the second class isnt in until the new year. Its very unfair if they dont let us know anything, once our vetting is cleared they should let us know immediately. Devastated is not the word !!

WilcoOut wrote: »
    I keep spontaneously erupting into a celebration like i have just scored a winning goal or try in a world cup!

That's how I should be feeling now. Placed high in the top 10 and no reason as to why my vetting should be delayed. Told there was a matter for further information sent back yesterday... why was nothing done on it since it was sent back in June!

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Eireannach01

I am delighted that we finally received our offers. I don't think it has really sunk in yet. Looking forward to seeing you all there in September. Where is Polly's that quite a few people have mentioned? I will certainly have a pint or three there!

I also want to say that I am gutted for those people who have not got through because of vetting issues, especially when they were so highly placed. I would agree that it is unfair, particularly if that person has no faults themselves and maybe a distant relative is holding things up. That is very very harsh indeed and my thoughts are with them. I really hope that there will be a second intake and that it all works out for everyone in the end. I mean, anyone who got this far out of 25,000 people deserves a place in Templemore.

Good luck guys for the future and keep us posted on any updates.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Tintreach

Bloodwing wrote: »
    I'd say anyone not fluent in Irish will be heading to a Dublin station anyway, pearse St, store st and the Bridewell most likely!!

Bloodwing, that's wrong actually. Anyone in the Irish stream (like myself) will be heading to the busy areas after their 8 months in Templemore - Cork, Limerick, or, more likely, Dublin. That's in order to throw you into the dead end. Learn the tricks, and so on. After that period in the busy stations ( which I believe lasts around 14 months) we then need to spend at least 4 years in a Gaeltacht. This was passed on to us all in phase 3, as Gaelainn, by a serving Garda and the PAS.

So, unfortunately, ye're stuck with us after Templemore. Look forward to meeting ye all! Whoop whoop!!!!

There could be more offers after AUG 11th....... everyone has to accept or decline by then

my motivation levels for work this morning are zilch, none, nada!!!

• Advertisement

How far up the order of merit did they go does anyone know?! Roughly? : )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 205 ✭✭Shifty13

nios89 wrote: »
    How far up the order of merit did they go does anyone know?! Roughly? : )

I have heard one fella was in the 170's

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭mickaleen

2 people on here were placed in the 180's and both are in. The vetting was a huge delay for most people. Especially those with relations out foreign.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭BRB

I was in the 180s and I'm in. Not sure of anyone above me.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭BRB

WilcoOut wrote: »
    There could be more offers after AUG 11th....... everyone has to accept or decline by then

my motivation levels for work this morning are zilch, none, nada!!!

Still bouncing around? Hasn't sunk in fully yet. I'm delighted and to be honest it's gonna be a while for me to come down from this high

Cheers lads, ill have to sit tight and wait for next class so, there'd never be like 15 defer : ( im placed at the 200 mark. Wishful thinking!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Blaireness

What a wonderful feeling this morning, all the hard work was worth it!

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭TooLate

Just after deferring my offer :( going to make someone very happy best of luck to all will see ye in the second intake

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭mickaleen

TooLate wrote: »
    Just after deferring my offer :( going to make someone very happy best of luck to all will see ye in the second intake
    Was there any bother with you deferring? You get any idea when there might be a second intake?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭carzony

Blaireness wrote: »
    What a wonderful feeling this morning, all the hard work was worth it!

Thank god.. I think you will recall you were worrying about your parking fines:D:D Looks like those parking fines didn't effect you atall mate :p:p:p

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Dongaz

Got info pack in post today for the college. Buzzing!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭r_k.com

When ye emailed to confirm your places did ye receive an email back saying they got it? Also do we need to have all the things on the list ready for the 8th?

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Chem Lord

r_k.com wrote: »
    When ye emailed to confirm your places did ye receive an email back saying they got it? Also do we need to have all the things on the list ready for the 8th?

I didn't receive any email back. I'm guessing no one else did either?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭King Ludvig

No I didnt get a reply either.

Ah this is great though, a month of freedom to be fully enjoyed safe in the knowledge that our 30+ year career is waiting for us around the corner :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Bloodwing

No I didnt get a reply either.

Ah this is great though, a month of freedom to be fully enjoyed safe in the knowledge that our 30+ year career is waiting for us around the corner :D

Hate to play the devils advocate but you still have the college and probation to make it through!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭King Ludvig

As long as you put the effort in and keep the head down theres no reason they should be considered obstacles

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭fergie199

hey guys/gals well done to all for getting this far, im just curious and was hoping some of you could help me out. Obviously all you folks that have gotten this far are the top group from band 1. May i ask how many is in this group that have completed medical, fitness tests etc, i only ask as i was Band 1 and needed to reset the stage 3 test which i passed and told my interview etc would be around august/september, im just curious as to how many are ahead of me in line after the first intake?

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Eireannach01

Am I the only one who didnt receive a pack in the post today? Please let me know cos I havent seen any other posts from people saying they got no pack.

Also, what exactly does it specify that we must buy/wear?

Thanks guys

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭galalala123

Am I the only one who didnt receive a pack in the post today? Please let me know cos I havent seen any other posts from people saying they got no pack.

Thanks guys

I didnt either. Itll come monday im sure

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Chem Lord

Thanks guys

I wouldn't worry about it, I'm sure there's a few more people!

What kind of things do ye have to bring/wear? Still hopeful my issue might get sorted by the next round of offers next week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 PaulMCKM

Has it always been the case that you have to buy your own kit (college tracksuit, judo suit, etc.)?

We were told at stage 3 orientation talk with the gardai that when you are at the college they supply everything we need.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭thedirtydevil

TooLate wrote: »

Did they give you an idea of when second intake will be and that you will still be considered? The letter said no guarantees if you cant make first intake. In similar position as really with a number of reasons a few more months would be much better for my personal circumstances but also dont want to risk not getting in!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 997 ✭✭✭Peppa Cig

Bloodwing wrote: »
    Hate to play the devils advocate but you still have the college and probation to make it through!!

In fairness blood these sucessful candidates are the creme de la creme after beating off 25k other applicants. If they continue to choose a career in AGS they won't fail. Back in the day of accelerated recruitment campaigns all you had to do was collect enough tokens from bags of Taytos. This time round was a little different.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

Peppa Cig wrote: »
    In fairness blood these sucessful candidates are the creme de la creme after beating off 25k other applicants. If they continue to choose a career in AGS they won't fail. Back in the day of accelerated recruitment campaigns all you had to do was collect enough tokens from bags of Taytos. This time round was a little different.
    Wow. The height of disrespect to Garda members who are extremely hardworking and excellent gardai

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Rothmans

D Trent wrote: »
    Wow. The height of disrespect to Garda members who are extremely hardworking and excellent gardai

Calm down. You may have to deal with humour in your role as a garda one day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭carzony

D Trent wrote: »

in many cases it's the truth though..

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭mfergus

Peppa Cig wrote: »

carzony wrote: »
    in many cases it's the truth though..

If it makes ye feel better about yourselves I suppose...
    (Pat on the back, it's okay ye would have got in any other time ye applied)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 225 ✭✭Twas Not

mfergus wrote: »
    If it makes ye feel better about yourselves I suppose...
    (Pat on the back, it's okay ye would have got in any other time ye applied)

Well it's swings and roundabouts. The 25k included a lot of deadbeats looking for any job at all given the economic situation at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭mfergus

Twas Not wrote: »
    Well it's swings and roundabouts. The 25k included a lot of deadbeats looking for any job at all given the economic situation at the time.

Ya. Some are not even in the country, some dropped out half way, some didn't even have the correct entry requirements I.e the leaving cert.

It's a great achievement to get in, as it always was. I was just answering to the people who couldn't get in, who are now bitter and making it out to be "sure if I had applied before I would have gotten in".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭thekopend

Simple maths lads, the standard was way lower before, a bare pass in aptitude did the trick now you have to be well above pass. So yes it was easier, and I'm not trying to make anyone feel better or belittle Any one that did get in before, it's just a fact.

Advertisement