Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Garda Recruitment - Stage 5

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19 eggcellent

Is there a chance that those being interviewed now can be called up to start (if a new date is announced) before us if their vetting is back?

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Kizzy08

eggcellent wrote: »
    Is there a chance that those being interviewed now can be called up to start (if a new date is announced) before us if their vetting is back?

I am waiting for my interview results at the moment . I'd say yes , one of us from my batch could potentially take a place but I doubt it will come to that , let's say the next intake is January , that's still another 3 months for your vetting to come back . Surely it will be back by then . I hope that is the case for you as it would seem unfair for someone else to take your place .

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Murdy

20times wrote: »
    Same position, but got good news this week when phoned HR. Words can't describe the frustration I felt at not getting into the first intake... It's been a horrible few months waiting in limbo, as Im sure some of ye have experienced too. Have ye phoned HR recently?

Great news for you. At least you know you are in once next stage announced. Unfortunately no change for me, vetting not back. I don't even know where it's held up home or away.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 PaulMCKM

For the beep test do you have to REACH level 8 or COMPLETE level 8?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 imagine88

PaulMCKM wrote: »
    For the beep test do you have to REACH level 8 or COMPLETE level 8?

What age are you? I can only assume male with the username!!

• Advertisement

As for the wait lads were going to hear nothing till the budget is over, October 14th. I have been onto many people both in the guards, in leinster house (dont shoot me :) ) and everyone has said the Minister is going to announce it in the budget. So ringing the poor people that have to answer the same questions day in and day out at Garda HQ is pointless. They are really just as clueless as us! But the waiting is just horrendous!! :(

complete the stage. like a 24 year old boy has to pass level 8.8 to pass! a 27 year old has to get to 8.1 and complete that level!

eggcellent wrote: »
    complete the stage. like a 24 year old boy has to pass level 8.8 to pass! a 27 year old has to get to 8.1 and complete that level!

Yes you have to complete that run. They will stop you anyway and tell you that you have reached your target. Aim for the next level for what your target is. So if it is 8.8 aim for 8.9 and the same for 8.1, aim for 8.2 in your training. Good luck! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 400 ✭✭djor88

Any word from anywhere on next Fitness Tests?

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭JonathanP

Has anyone got any good apps for the bleep test?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 Nidgy

Got the news! Interview successful!! Hope everyone gets good news this afternoon!!

JonathanP wrote: »
    Has anyone got any good apps for the bleep test?

I find BT Free really good and straight forward..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Xios

What style sit ups do they expect in the fitness test? Are they similar to the ones in the defence forces?

Also, is this information up to date?
    http://www.garda.ie/FAQ/Default.aspx?FAQCategory=13

32 sit ups in a minute is tricky enough, the defence forces was only 20 :/

Nidgy wrote: »
    Got the news! Interview successful!! Hope everyone gets good news this afternoon!!

Well done! Did the say when the fitness test would be?

imagine88 wrote: »
    Well done! Did the say when the fitness test would be?

Thanks! No, they didn't say. Didn't even give the order of merit.. It'll be November before we know. I wonder does that mean we will only find out then when the medical and fitness are? It's getting ridiculous..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 825 ✭✭✭3fullback

Medicals aren't done on your order of merit !

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭StevieF3

great news today but I cant train for the physical at the moment because i'm currently injured :/

3fullback wrote: »
    Medicals aren't done on your order of merit !

Fair enough, what about fitness tests?

Same

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭eroc79

Nidgy wrote: »
    Fair enough, what about fitness tests?

I know that for the last batch, some were called for the fitness test the week after their medical

• Advertisement

Medicals and fitness test were fairly close together for the last batch, I'd imagine it'll be similar this time. I did my medical mid June and was scheduled for fitness test in early July (which I had to defer, so will be in on this one)... Hopefully Medicals may be end of the month with fitness in November?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Tmanb

djor88 wrote: »
    Medicals and fitness test were fairly close together for the last batch, I'd imagine it'll be similar this time. I did my medical mid June and was scheduled for fitness test in early July (which I had to defer, so will be in on this one)... Hopefully Medicals may be end of the month with fitness in November?
    There is a new system in place where you have to clear your vetting before you do your medical and physical spoke to hr recently

Tmanb wrote: »
    There is a new system in place where you have to clear your vetting before you do your medical and physical spoke to hr recently

Was at medical last week and someone asked if we could assume our vetting was back and we were told to assume nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭mickaleen

Did you get a date for your Physical after your medical was complete?

mickaleen wrote: »
    Did you get a date for your Physical after your medical was complete?

No dates given last week

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭jrobertos

That's what I was told last week. As soon as they have a group with vetting done they will take them for medical and physical

jrobertos wrote: »
    That's what I was told last week. As soon as they have a group with vetting done they will take them for medical and physical
    There'll be a fair oul wait so ladds and lasses...

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭kev-bt

jrobertos wrote: »

That makes more sense really rather than calling people for medical like before and then not forwarding them for the intake due to their vetting not being back.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Murdy

Vetting still not cleared,does anyone know where I can inquire about this outside of HRM. They are giving me no info. whatsoever and won't give me a phone no. I can call about it myself. I could miss the next intake as well at this rate.

• Advertisement

Seems like recruitment will be continuing !

"In her budget, the minister will be able to continue garda recruitment next year and replace officers who retire."

http://www.independent.ie/business/budget/budget-2015-revealed-1000-new-teachers-and-1pc-tax-cut-in-budget-30655482.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭carzony

no real details on numbers though. pity it's not 1,000 gardai instead of teachers..

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭ann.lewis

3fullback wrote: »
    Seems like recruitment will be continuing !

"In her budget, the minister will be able to continue garda recruitment next year and replace officers who retire."

http://www.independent.ie/business/budget/budget-2015-revealed-1000-new-teachers-and-1pc-tax-cut-in-budget-30655482.html

This is great news..
    Replacing those who retire is roughly 200/300 a year isn't it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 421 ✭✭tomhenryford

I wonder will those extra numbers be recruited from those already in the process or would there likely be a new campaign open to public?

I wonder will those extra numbers be recruited from those already in the process or would there likely be a new campaign open to public?

I think this campaign is good for 3 years. Then they would run a fresh campaign.

Yeah they'll keep going from this campaign for as long as they can i'd say, spent too much money and effort on it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Definitely from this campaign, it'd cost a fortune to run it again. It also wouldn't make any sense

I wonder how big the numbers will be? and by 2016-2017 when they should be starting fresh, i'm sure they'll be taking big numbers by then..

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭mycro89

Do ye think band 2 and band 3 from stage one will get a look in?

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭ann.lewis

mycro89 wrote: »
    Do ye think band 2 and band 3 from stage one will get a look in?

We can't say for sure but look if they keep taking 600 through every few months for stage 3... they will get through all these people and in turn will need to call the next bands to do stage 2. So i suppose they will get to you all. Of course what i said there isn't a definite, i know as much as you and the next person

might be some information on recruitment tomorrow since it's budget day..

• Advertisement

Some positive news from Budget Day for us - "And a new garda recruitment process will be launched, with at least 200 student gardai walking through the gates of the training college in Templemore early in the new year."

http://www.independent.ie/business/budget/budget-2015-majority-of-pensioners-get-100-off-water-bills-30661886.html

I passed my fitness test in June... Still haven't got Garda vetting back. Do you think I will have to re do the fitness test??

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,533 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

djor88 wrote: »
    Some positive news from Budget Day for us - "And a new garda recruitment process will be launched, with at least 200 student gardai walking through the gates of the training college in Templemore early in the new year."

http://www.independent.ie/business/budget/budget-2015-majority-of-pensioners-get-100-off-water-bills-30661886.html

300 Gardai to be recruited next year apparently.

https://twitter.com/SarahBardon/status/522032761566400513

EDIT: The Public Sector moratorium has also been lifted.

finally, decent recruitment numbers lads...

I noticed that as well he was mouthing the number across the Dail it was hard to say fri def whether he said 200 or 300 ! Anyhow Frances Fitzgerald will announce it for def this evening !

So I guess PAS won't be calling on anybody from band 1 to stage 3 or anyone from band 2&3 to stage 2.

http://www.independent.ie/business/budget/minister-announces-200-new-garda-recruits-30663615.html

A new intake of 200 recruits will enter the Garda training college in Templemore in December and January.

200 all together ie. 100 in December and 100 in January and good play with words !!

http://www.justice.ie/en/JELR/Pages/PR14000282

200 new recruits to enter Garda College in December and January
    Minister Fitzgerald welcomed the €40 million increase in the current budget allocation for An Garda Síochána, which reflects a 5% increase in the allocation for Garda payroll compared to budget day last year.
    The Minister stated: “This funding substantially addresses the underlying payroll shortfall of the Garda vote and will allow me to proceed with my objective of ongoing recruitment of new Gardaí.”
    The Minister announced two further intakes of recruits to the Garda College in Templemore, the first 100 to take place before the end of this year with a further intake of 100 in January 2015. 100 new recruits already entered Garda College in September 2014
    The Minister said she will continue to monitor Garda staffing levels during 2015 with a view to agreeing further intakes to Garda College as required.

Hopefully we'll all be in the next two intakes lads!!

I hope so, but at the rate its taking to get peoples vetting back I don't know what to think....surely they will put the squeeze on the various agencies over the next few weeks to get them all/or most peoples sorted...

• Advertisement
Advertisement