Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Garda Recruitment - Stage 5

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Xios

For those still waiting to do their fitness Test, i heard from an uncertain PAS person that they'll likely have another round of tests at the end of november or a week or two into december.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Tmanb

Got call today saying if date is confirmed by Friday im in .... Happy days waiting since June 😂😂

• Closed Accounts Posts: 562 ✭✭✭ShodenMcClane

Tmanb wrote: »
    Got call today saying if date is confirmed by Friday im in .... Happy days waiting since June 😂😂

What group were you in?

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Lojak

Congrats hopefully we will be starting on the first!!

What group were you in?

Group 1 vetting delayed till now

• Registered Users Posts: 19 jmone

Nice one! Got the same news last week! Reliable source has told me they will be offering places by phone rather than email on Friday due to short notice.

Still hoping on December 1st for the start date.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 LockieFF

Spoke to HRM today and was told they are still aiming for 30th/1st Dec start but they have no real idea as they are waiting for a higher department to give them an answer. They won't know when they'll know either and advised not to do anything with regard to giving notice to current jobs as they can't be sure the 1st will happen.

I said I assumed we'd get notice by the end of day Friday if it is to be a 1st start date and they responded that they have no idea!

I know they're in the same situation as all of us, still it would be nice to get some information, the wait is a killer!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 eggcellent

If this is true, out of the 240 ish that passed the interview in group 1 only 160 are being offered places so far, that's a third who didn't pass Medical/pct/fitness, didn't get their vetting back or deferred, that to me is a huge number.

People are also deferring the intake because they can't start with short notice! Hopefully 40 will accept from gropu two and we wil know soon :)

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭StevieF3

Hey lads just wondering did anyone doing the physical today get offered a date for the physical? Cheers in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Everytime

StevieF3 wrote: »
    Hey lads just wondering did anyone doing the physical today get offered a date for the physical? Cheers in advance

Do you mean anyone who did the medical today ?

• Advertisement

Everytime wrote: »
    Do you mean anyone who did the medical today ?
    I sure do, cheers for pointing that out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 825 ✭✭✭3fullback

Did you ?

3fullback wrote: »
    Did you ?

Nah man, can't do my physical until January. Just wanted to see are people going to be doing them in December or anything

Has anyone from group 2 who has completed medical, pct etc heard from HRM regarding a start date or anything ?

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Bridel

Did medical yesterday and they said after they had no date for the next physicals yet

Bridel wrote: »
    Did medical yesterday and they said after they had no date for the next physicals yet

Cheers, thanks a mill

• Registered Users Posts: 25 ana2676

Has anyone from group 2 who has completed medical, pct etc heard from HRM regarding a start date or anything ?

Not a word

ana2676 wrote: »
    Not a word

Would be no harm if they just contacted us just to tell us where we stand regarding the 1st of December intake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 562 ✭✭✭ShodenMcClane

Would be no harm if they just contacted us just to tell us where we stand regarding the 1st of December intake.

I'd say they don't know themselves yet.

• Advertisement

I'd say they don't know themselves yet.

If we don't hear tomorrow I think we know where we stand anyway !

If we don't hear tomorrow I think we know where we stand anyway !

Going to get minimal work done in the office tomorrow between staring at phone/checking boards. Fingers crossed

I won't hold by breath. Still waiting for the email confirming that I passed fitness. Did anyone got it?

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭kev-bt

I won't hold by breath. Still waiting for the email confirming that I passed fitness. Did anyone got it?

Do they not tell ye on the day?

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Chirper

You dont receive an e-mail telling you that you have passed.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭20times

Reckon tomorrow is the day! Fingers crossed ladies and gents!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭whoahya

I think I might be in a similar situation to some of you. Ive done everything and passed everything. I don't know where these supposed start dates like the 1st of December are coming from, but I wouldn't pay too much heed.
    I remember when I passed the physical at the end of June, the date being talked of was the 21st of July. Well we know now that that never happened and that it ended up being the 8th of September. Its like this, we'll know the date when we're invited to start training. We probably won't know it any sooner than that. I wouldn't sit around expecting to be called for the 1st of December or any particular date. We'll know when they tell us and probably only when they tell us :)

whoahya wrote: »
    I think I might be in a similar situation to some of you. Ive done everything and passed everything. I don't know where these supposed start dates like the 1st of December are coming from, but I wouldn't pay too much heed.
    I remember when I passed the physical at the end of June, the date being talked of was the 21st of July. Well we know now that that never happened and that it ended up being the 8th of September. Its like this, we'll know the date when we're invited to start training. We probably won't know it any sooner than that. I wouldn't sit around expecting to be called for the 1st of December or any particular date. We'll know when they tell us and probably only when they tell us :)
    I also passed my physical in June and was delayed with vetting. The reason people are saying the 1st is because HRM have contacted people including myself to see if we can go on late notice for this date!

Lojak wrote: »
    I also passed my physical in June and was delayed with vetting. The reason people are saying the 1st is because HRM have contacted people including myself to see if we can go on late notice for this date!

Well great, I havent been contacted at all :/

Hope youre all contacted this week if thats the case, and well done!
    For me, fingers crossed ill be in the next batch :)

Well great, I havent been contacted at all :/

Hope youre all contacted this week if thats the case, and well done!
    For me, fingers crossed ill be in the next batch :)

Has your vetting been cleared yet?

Has your vetting been cleared yet?

I have no idea. I was never told anything about it and I didnt ask. Is it possible to find out?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭20times

Ring HR and ask them, if you want to find out. You must be fairly high up in the order of merit if you've everything done since June?

I have no idea. I was never told anything about it and I didnt ask. Is it possible to find out?

Give hrm a shout and they will tell you.

20times wrote: »
    Ring HR and ask them, if you want to find out. You must be fairly high up in the order of merit if you've everything done since June?

I was about 24 I think, but that was in the Irish stream, so I dont know what difference that makes. Ill ring them tomorrow! :)

Give hrm a shout and they will tell you.

Will do, Ill give them a ring tomorrow. I didnt know you could find that out off them. Cheers! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 400 ✭✭djor88

I called HRM on Tuesday, they said they know as much as we do at this stage, that we may only get a week's notice as they are still aiming to fill a class for the 30th/1st date, so like you all, I'm hoping we hear some good news tomorrow. The phone will be knackered with the constant refreshing of my emails throughout the day.

Fingers crossed, it's been a long auld road to here, stay with it folks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭higglepiggle

djor88 wrote: »
    I called HRM on Tuesday, they said they know as much as we do at this stage, that we may only get a week's notice as they are still aiming to fill a class for the 30th/1st date, so like you all, I'm hoping we hear some good news tomorrow. The phone will be knackered with the constant refreshing of my emails throughout the day.

Fingers crossed, it's been a long auld road to here, stay with it folks!

I dunno about tomorrow folks not getting hopes up too high after the previous disappointment

kev-bt wrote: »
    Do they not tell ye on the day?

Of course they did. But did said as well that an email will follow.

Chirper wrote: »
    You dont receive an e-mail telling you that you have passed.

They told me that an email will be send by the end of the week. I assumed that was about passing fitness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 400 ✭✭djor88

Never got or heard of anyone getting an email to say you passed the fitness, they just pass that on to HRM to say you passed.

Any chance they were talking about an email of confirmation/offer to commence training?

djor88 wrote: »
    Never got or heard of anyone getting an email to say you passed the fitness, they just pass that on to HRM to say you passed.

Any chance they were talking about an email of confirmation/offer to commence training?

I just assumed that was about fitness. Hopefully you're right☺

• Advertisement

I just assumed that was about fitness. Hopefully you're right☺

No, no email about passing the fitness test. If you failed, theyd let you know right away, so you definitely havent :)

No, no email about passing the fitness test. If you failed, theyd let you know right away, so you definitely havent :)

Thanks☺
    I know that I passed asince they told me straightway. Just when the instructor said that I'll get an email by the end of the week.... I didn't ask what about:))))) just assumed is only to confirm you passed. Didn't know that they don't send emails about passing fitness test.
    anyway, no email yet.

Thanks☺
    I know that I passed asince they told me straightway. Just when the instructor said that I'll get an email by the end of the week.... I didn't ask what about:))))) just assumed is only to confirm you passed. Didn't know that they don't send emails about passing fitness test.
    anyway, no email yet.

Ah I getcha. I remember him saying to me, just as I was about to leave after doing the push-pull test; 'they'll be in touch with you' (this was at the end of June)

Apart from doing (and passing) an Irish assessment two weeks ago, Im still waiting : )

*Stares at phone*

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Chirper

My expectations for today are very low :(

They'd probably have started the phone calls by now to get through 100... :/

eggcellent wrote: »
    They'd probably have started the phone calls by now to get through 100... :/

I was hopeful they'd call today but there are plenty of positives if they don't;

1) Hopefully one month's notice for people tied in jobs
    2) Longer Christmas break
    3) More time for people to save up a bit of extra money

Don't worry, be happy

jmone wrote: »
    I was hopeful they'd call today but there are plenty of positives if they don't;

1) Hopefully one month's notice for people tied in jobs
    2) Longer Christmas break
    3) More time for people to save up a bit of extra money

Don't worry, be happy

Exactly... at least we know were next :)

It's not happening folks

• Advertisement

Last set of offers were out after lunch as far as I remember, keep the faith!

Advertisement