Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Garda Recruitment - Stage 5

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭BluesAndThrees

Tmanb wrote: »
    It's not happening folks

I didn't realise you had an account on here, Minister Fitzgerald! Thanks for the update, though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Tmanb

I didn't realise you had an account on here, Minister Fitzgerald! Thanks for the update, though :)

Someone has the painters in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Xios

Dear Applicant
    Your Physical Competence Test has been arranged for Wednesday 26th November 2014. Please report to Reception, Garda College, Templemore @ 9am on that date.

Email for me today.

Guys, I am going to Deduce the notion that they have not reached the 100 today, and are going to have more PCT's next week to get the number up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 sfb2014

This patience is wearing very thin at this stage😔

• Registered Users Posts: 6 ohthenuggles

The waiting was killing me so I put in a call to HR. The gist of the conversation was that they have no more information regarding the November the 30th start date and are still waiting on information themselves!! They won't be ringing any one today but hope to do so soon. And so the waiting game continues...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 562 ✭✭✭ShodenMcClane

The waiting was killing me so I put in a call to HR. The gist of the conversation was that they have no more information regarding the November the 30th start date and are still waiting on information themselves!! They won't be ringing any one today but hope to do so soon. And so the waiting game continues...

Ugh

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Bish

I did my physical Monday and got a phone call Tuesday asking if I was available to start the 30th. Anyone else the same?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 289 ✭✭Rushden

Just got a call there to do a fitness test Wednesday and be available to start the 8th December

Rushden wrote: »
    Just got a call there to do a fitness test Wednesday and be available to start the 8th December

I got a call too, no mention of the 8th though. Just a "we'll get back in touch with regards to vetting and such later".

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Lojak

There must be a massive amount of people failing the fitness if they still cant fill a class of 100. You would imagine nearly nobody would be failing it at this stage given that its a year since we applied.

• Advertisement

Lojak wrote: »
    There must be a massive amount of people failing the fitness if they still cant fill a class of 100. You would imagine nearly nobody would be failing it at this stage given that its a year since we applied.

I don't its that, I think its the Vetting that's holding up the show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 825 ✭✭✭3fullback

It's vetting !

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭IgniteFitness

Anybody going down to templemore on Wednesday who needs a lift let us know, heading from Dublin early on wednesday morning. Just private message me

• Registered Users Posts: 21 imagine88

Ive been told the 12th from HRM.. thats a Friday?!

imagine88 wrote: »
    Ive been told the 12th from HRM.. thats a Friday?!

For a start date or pct?

For a start date or pct?

Start date

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Hank26

Start date

Funny, I was told the 8th today.

Hank26 wrote: »
    Funny, I was told the 8th today.

Ive a feeling they might be entertaining enquires at this stage. Id say nothing is definite if we're all getting different dates!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭higglepiggle

Another day closer........

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭whoahya

Theyre probably getting so much calls that theyre giving a date for the sake of giving one, just to shut us up :)

• Advertisement

Ive a feeling they might be entertaining enquires at this stage. Id say nothing is definite if we're all getting different dates!

Did you contact them or vice versa

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Lojak

They contacted me this evening and asked am i ok for the 8th, said they hope to be in contact monday!

Emailed the address that emailed me two weeks ago saying that the start date was the 30th this morning. Got a reply late this evening saying start was moved to the 12th but that being a Friday I cant imagine it being right!

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭mickaleen

They contacted me this evening and asked am i ok for the 8th, said they hope to be in contact monday!
    Same

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Conjam1

Same here , they contacted me yesterday to say they had just got word that the 8th was the start date and I should expect an official offer Monday afternoon by email

Conjam1 wrote: »
    Same here , they contacted me yesterday to say they had just got word that the 8th was the start date and I should expect an official offer Monday afternoon by email

Looking good so folks!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 ateuptatscon

I have pct on Wednesday. Last night was messin around after training when one of the lads caught the top of my eye with tip of his hurley. Taught I'd be grand as it didn't look like much but eventually went over to hospital where I got 4 stitches.

My question is does anybody know if they will they still allow me complete the pct when they see the stitches? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 jmone

I have pct on Wednesday. Last night was messin around after training when one of the lads caught the top of my eye with tip of his hurley. Taught I'd be grand as it didn't look like much but eventually went over to hospital where I got 4 stitches.

My question is does anybody know if they will they still allow me complete the pct when they see the stitches? Thanks.

I'd say you'll be grand. Don't ring or mention it to them or they'll delay you.

If you do PCT this Wednesday you could be in the next phase on the 8th if it goes ahead. Otherwise you will be waiting for months in limbo

Ok so thanks for reply Jmone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 825 ✭✭✭3fullback

jmone wrote: »
    I'd say you'll be grand. Don't ring or mention it to them or they'll delay you.

If you do PCT this Wednesday you could be in the next phase on the 8th if it goes ahead. Otherwise you will be waiting for months in limbo

Is their not a January intake ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

I have pct on Wednesday. Last night was messin around after training when one of the lads caught the top of my eye with tip of his ********

:D

You sign a form before the tests to basically say that you are fit to do them, but if say your wound opened during the testing I'd imagine you would fail.

There was an instructor saying as much on the open day that there's no excuses, he's had lads before coming back from cruciate injures and pulling up but he had to fail them. If you think it's not gonna impede you on the day then go for it.

You sign a form before the tests to basically say that you are fit to do them, but if say your wound opened during the testing I'd imagine you would fail.

There was an instructor saying as much on the open day that there's no excuses, he's had lads before coming back from cruciate injures and pulling up but he had to fail them. If you think it's not gonna impede you on the day then go for it.

So do you reckon I'd be better off leaving in the stitches in case the wound opens? Because I was thinking of getting them out on Tuesday. Thanks

So do you reckon I'd be better off leaving in the stitches in case the wound opens? Because I was thinking of getting them out on Tuesday. Thanks

Can't really comment as not a doctor!!!! Why not visit your doc on Monday and get his/her opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Kablamo!

I'm going down to the open day next Saturday from South Dublin if anyone else needs a lift. Have my medical this Wednesday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭teaisgreat

I'd go to the doctor and explain your situation and bring a letter to the physical saying that the stitches in your eye don't impede your ability to complete the physical. don't take the stitches out too early as you could affect the healing and with all the running around on the day the wound could re-open and you definitely don't want that! Best of luck anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Stephengriffin

Anyone else told the 8th ??
    Excitement building now!!! Offers Monday / tuesday ??

Good luck to us all tomorrow, boys and girls. If you're half as nervous as I then I know what you're going through

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭whoahya

Whether I get asked down or not, itd be nice to know this week. At the same time though, I wouldnt hold my breath...

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭StevieF3

I know most of you will be too busy being nervous about tomorrow but any advice would be greatly appreciated. I've had my physical deferred cause of any injury that happened a couple months back and is still healing. I'm just wondering do you think I should pressure my doctor to speed up my recovery so I can do the physical soon. At the moment i'm only on schedule to get the all clear from him at the end of January. Hopefully some of you will have some advice because I really don't know what to do

• Advertisement

StevieF3 wrote: »
    I know most of you will be too busy being nervous about tomorrow but any advice would be greatly appreciated. I've had my physical deferred cause of any injury that happened a couple months back and is still healing. I'm just wondering do you think I should pressure my doctor to speed up my recovery so I can do the physical soon. At the moment i'm only on schedule to get the all clear from him at the end of January. Hopefully some of you will have some advice because I really don't know what to do

I'd say exactly that to the doctor and see what he advises?

See the surgeon is erring on the side of taking it extremely slowly because it was an unusual injury and he really wants to make sure it doesn't re-occur. I just don't want to miss out on the first class after Xmas

• Registered Users Posts: 19 eggcellent

See the surgeon is erring on the side of taking it extremely slowly because it was an unusual injury and he really wants to make sure it doesn't re-occur. I just don't want to miss out on the first class after Xmas

If its a serious injury your better off making a full recovery in what ever amount of time the doctor advises. You don't want to be plagued wit injury for the rest of your life im sure!

eggcellent wrote: »
    If its a serious injury your better off making a full recovery in what ever amount of time the doctor advises. You don't want to be plagued wit injury for the rest of your life im sure!

Ya that's true but I can't bear to think of the possibility that I may miss out on my dream job because of being too cautious!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

Ya that's true but I can't bear to think of the possibility that I may miss out on my dream job because of being too cautious!
    You won't miss out you'll just have to wait that bit longer

Lads ye could hear a pin drop in here ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 dsm27

Hey guys. I've been lurking here from the start of the campaign. First time posting. Just been on to appointments there now as I missed the call on Friday. He told me offers are going out in the post this evening. Expect them tomorrow or Wednesday. ðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭20times

The wait continues!!!

dsm27 wrote: »
    Hey guys. I've been lurking here from the start of the campaign. First time posting. Just been on to appointments there now as I missed the call on Friday. He told me offers are going i out in the post this evening. Expect them tomorrow or Wednesday. ðŸ˜

Well quite the first post then! Thanks for the update :)

dsm27 wrote: »
    Hey guys. I've been lurking here from the start of the campaign. First time posting. Just been on to appointments there now as I missed the call on Friday. He told me offers are going out in the post this evening. Expect them tomorrow or Wednesday. ðŸ˜

There will surely be an email at some stage?

• Advertisement
Advertisement