Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Garda Recruitment - Stage 5

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭mickaleen

Nice 1...December the 8th it is...can't say the waiting was enjoyable but there now so onwards and upwards....

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Bish

Everytime wrote: »
    If anyone from Group 2 has heard word could you post please so the rest of us know where we stand ? Thanks :)
    I'm starting the 8th and I was in group 2

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Jimjoebob09

Should I take it that I've missed this intake having not been contacted today? Was told over the phone on Friday id be getting an offer via email Monday but nothing.. Will be gutted if I've missed out

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭teaisgreat

Theres still more physicals this week. It could be a case that some this week are high in the order of merit, so they're not telling anyone below that number until they know whether or not the people this week pass? Just a theory.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Kablamo!

Congratulations kids!

• Registered Users Posts: 29 whysosirius

For the reply to the offer do we just reply directly to the email we got or do we start a new email altogether?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 562 ✭✭✭ShodenMcClane

For the reply to the offer do we just reply directly to the email we got or do we start a new email altogether?

The choice is completely up to you. You can do this, make a decision and stick with it, own it.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭20times

Anyone from Laois in the next intake? Ill be driving down each week from Laois anyways, PM me if you want a lift etc! Congrats to all!!

• Registered Users Posts: 25 ana2676

Bish wrote: »
    I'm starting the 8th and I was in group 2

Congratulation☺would you mind telling your close by order of merit? Just to have an idea if is about that or vetting☺

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭higglepiggle

It's the same email address I'd imagine a reply well be sufficient

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 Everytime

I know one person has but has many more from Group 2 been accepted ? Doesn't seem to be many going by this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 192 ✭✭heno86

Lads, is anybody heading from Dublin for their physicals tomorrow that I could get a lift with? Having car trouble,petrol money included obviously

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭RedmondHR

Congradulations to everyone who got in!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Connie213

Well lads congrats to all who received good news this week, just wondering has anyone got their confirmation acknowledged having replied to our offers??

Connie213 wrote: »
    Well lads congrats to all who received good news this week, just wondering has anyone got their confirmation acknowledged having replied to our offers??

I can confirm I haven't received confirmation of my confirmation.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Connie213

I can confirm I haven't received confirmation of my confirmation.

Thanks Shoden for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 WillOR

Connie213 wrote: »

I havent exactly gotten a reply but I did receive another email with 2 attached files.
    Theyre asking for bank details and uniform sizes to be mailed up by 28th Nov.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Nidgy

Congrats to everyone!! Well done! Best of luck.. Unfortunately it makes it even harder for those of us that are still in the limbo...

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭teaisgreat

WillOR wrote: »
    I havent exactly gotten a reply but I did receive another email with 2 attached files.
    Theyre asking for bank details and uniform sizes to be mailed up by 28th Nov.

For the ladies especially, make sure you go up at least one size in pants. They'll allow for some swapping on the day anyway so don't worry too much but definitely order one size bigger than you'd usually wear.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭whoahya

Nidgy wrote: »
    Congrats to everyone!! Well done! Best of luck.. Unfortunately it makes it even harder for those of us that are still in the limbo...

Im in the same boat as you. Im assuming that there will be 100 people recruited this time around and another hundred in the next couple of months. Keep the faith, we could be in the next batch :)

Not gospel but there is supposed to be another batch going in to the college in January.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 825 ✭✭✭3fullback

mickaleen wrote: »
    Not gospel but there is supposed to be another batch going in to the college in January.

Really what date ? When will the emails for that intake be out I wonder ?

I thought that was common knowledge. Was it the minister ( open to correction on this ) released a statement saying 100 in December and 100 in January. Why else are they calling people over the coming weeks for medicals and physicals??

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭BRB

I thought that was common knowledge. Was it the minister ( open to correction on this ) released a statement saying 100 in December and 100 in January. Why else are they calling people over the coming weeks for medicals and physicals??

Thats the 'plan' anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭20times

Anyone on here get their post early in the day? Any sign of these info packs? Post here doesn't arrive until lunchtime or so!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 Bish

20times wrote: »
    Anyone on here get their post early in the day? Any sign of these info packs? Post here doesn't arrive until lunchtime or so!

Ya I got mine

Defferal on my medical. Eyesight and surprisingly audio. Pretty gutted. Will calm down shortly I'm sure but can't see the wood for the trees at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Blaireness

Kablamo! wrote: »
    Defferal on my medical. Eyesight and surprisingly audio. Pretty gutted. Will calm down shortly I'm sure but can't see the wood for the trees at the moment

I was deferred initially because of my eyes, but I'm here now. Don't lose hope, just try and do whatever they advised you to do, and hope for the best. Fingers crossed it will work out for you in the end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭billie1b

What happened on your audio if you dont mind me asking?

My left ear was below required standard? I'd to repeat the exam twice. I'd no idea I'd any hearing issues whatsoever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭billie1b

My left ear was below required standard? I'd to repeat the exam twice. I'd no idea I'd any hearing issues whatsoever.

Poxy, did the ME offer any solution?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 400 ✭✭djor88

Got my info pack in the post today too, will be sending it back tomorrow morning!

Great to be getting there now after such a long road, to others currently waiting and still on that road, keep walking it, it'll pay off and your time will come soon!

To those others starting in December, looking forward to seeing you down there!

djor88 wrote: »
    Got my info pack in the post today too, will be sending it back tomorrow morning!

Great to be getting there now after such a long road, to others currently waiting and still on that road, keep walking it, it'll pay off and your time will come soon!

To those others starting in December, looking forward to seeing you down there!

Sending what back tomorrow morning?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 jam11

Is there many people from Group 2 waiting on a call yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭IgniteFitness

jam11 wrote: »
    Is there many people from Group 2 waiting on a call yet?

Yup

• Registered Users Posts: 4 jam11

Yup

Did anyone call HRM to see what the hold up is?

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭IgniteFitness

No I havent was going to give them today and call tomorrow, if you do let us know what they say

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Chirper

if your not part of the 100 that is going in on 8th you wont get any call. You wont hear anything until there is notification for the next intake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Xios

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/money_and_tax/budget_2015.html Ctrl + F "Garda"

"Garda recruitment
    An additional 200 recruits will enter Garda College in the coming months."

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭ann.lewis

Xios wrote: »
    http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/money_and_tax/budget_2015.html Ctrl + F "Garda"

"Garda recruitment
    An additional 200 recruits will enter Garda College in the coming months."

Wasn't there loads of medicals and fitness tests done ober the past few weeks. So that must be for getting as many people ready as possible and not having a mad rush on things nearer the time.

Did you make the 8th class Xios ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 Everytime

Yeah I'm waiting and rang up and they said they've still to get my Garda vetting clearance.. They're sound up there so you should ring and ask what the hold up is :) They also told me there's rumours of the next intake being the end of January but that's not set in stone. If others ring and hear anything let us know please.

ann.lewis wrote: »
    Did you make the 8th class Xios ?

Nope, only passed fitness test yesterday. Unless they still need more for the 8th :D

Otherwise i'm waiting like the rest of the qualified. Not sure if my Vetting is back yet though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 289 ✭✭Rushden

Nope, only passed fitness test yesterday. Unless they still need more for the 8th :D

Otherwise i'm waiting like the rest of the qualified. Not sure if my Vetting is back yet though.

Did my fitness test yesterday too and got a call later that day to say I'm in the 8th, got a text off Noreen o Sullivan this morning congratulating me too which was unexpected

Rushden wrote: »
    Did my fitness test yesterday too and got a call later that day to say I'm in the 8th, got a text off Noreen o Sullivan this morning congratulating me too which was unexpected

Congratulations Rushden. Was it your first attempt at the fitness? I was hoping that this was gonna happen for a few of us from the test. Here's hoping someone has to defer and I get pulled up :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kaizersoze81

got a text off Noreen o Sullivan this morning congratulating me too which was unexpected

??? Seriously ?

Congratulations Rushden. Was it your first attempt at the fitness? I was hoping that this was gonna happen for a few of us from the test. Here's hoping someone has to defer and I get pulled up :)

Yeah it was , I'd say they called up a few from yesterday

??? Seriously ?

Yeah

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kaizersoze81

Yeah

What'd it say? In general like , just congratulations?

What'd it say? In general like , just congratulations?

Yeah welcome to the team, congratulations and looks forward to meeting me , stuff like that.

• Advertisement

Yeah welcome to the team, congratulations and looks forward to meeting me , stuff like that.

Ha, nice. Slightly jealous I didn't get one now!

Advertisement