Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Garda Recruitment - Stage 5

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭whoahya

Can anyone tell me who to contact about my vetting. Is it the PAS or is it Garda HQ? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 562 ✭✭✭ShodenMcClane

whoahya wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me who to contact about my vetting. Is it the PAS or is it Garda HQ? :)

Hq hrm

Hq hrm

Thank you very much! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7 big_mike

Hi all,

I've been following the thread since the start and figured I'd add in what I know so far.

Few rumours saying that there were only 240 people passed the first lot of interviews, I know it was at least 260.

For those of us waiting on an intake in the new year, I was contacted by HRM after my medical recently and offered a place on the 30th November (now to be 8th December). I had to defer like quite a few people it seems. The girl in HRM told me they are expecting the next intake to be 26th January.

Take this date with a pinch of salt as they do not have confirmation themselves.

For those of you in group two be patient, even after passing the interview it can be a long time before a medical and physical and if you get them quick it can still be long time before your vetting comes back.

big_mike wrote: »
    Hi all,

I've been following the thread since the start and figured I'd add in what I know so far.

Few rumours saying that there were only 240 people passed the first lot of interviews, I know it was at least 260.

For those of us waiting on an intake in the new year, I was contacted by HRM after my medical recently and offered a place on the 30th November (now to be 8th December). I had to defer like quite a few people it seems. The girl in HRM told me they are expecting the next intake to be 26th January.

Take this date with a pinch of salt as they do not have confirmation themselves.

For those of you in group two be patient, even after passing the interview it can be a long time before a medical and physical and if you get them quick it can still be long time before your vetting comes back.

I rang them today asking about my vetting and was told by a woman in HR that my 'file is almost ready'. Not too sure what to make of that to be honest. My interview was at the end of April.
    I asked when theyre expecting the next intake, and like you said, she said they hope to take more people at the end of January, but it has yet to be confirmed.

• Advertisement

I'd say nothing will be confirmed until the next batch are settled in, even then it could be mid to late January before we know more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Xios

I rang them today asking about my vetting and was told by a woman in HR that my 'file is almost ready'. Not too sure what to make of that to be honest. My interview was at the end of April.
    I asked when theyre expecting the next intake, and like you said, she said they hope to take more people at the end of January, but it has yet to be confirmed.

I rang today too. Said couple things missing, she said that my local sargeant and super didn't get back to them. That might be the couple things, I asked about Vetting, she hinted that it was sorted, but said it wasn't in front of her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Alfasudcrazy

Ah January 26th 1983 the day I joined. It coincided with a Siberian style blizzard blowing through Templemore the first week.

Just let you know too that back then it took me three years to get in so stick with it and don't ever give up.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Nidgy

Even though I understand that most likely the rest of us from group 2 will be in Templemore some time next year (hopefully), I can't help but feel completely crushed not to be in the next 100 going in. What makes matters worse is that I was placed so high on the order of merit, flew through d medical and fitness , yet the background checks are holding me back.. Anyone else feelin this way? Or is it me going crazy?? }#%^*+$

• Registered Users Posts: 25 ana2676

Same here:(. Well, maybe worse. Close to my fitness test day, got email to send them again all the forms....fair assumption that they lost my file and the vetting just started then. I don't think they will try to do something to remedied that so I am in for a long wait.
    And to make the matter worse they never called me to the interview with the sergeant or super....so , I just finished with them today, only after I pestered the local Garda to check with headquarters.
    And is nothing to do....

• Advertisement

Nidgy wrote: »
    Even though I understand that most likely the rest of us from group 2 will be in Templemore some time next year (hopefully), I can't help but feel completely crushed not to be in the next 100 going in. What makes matters worse is that I was placed so high on the order of merit, flew through d medical and fitness , yet the background checks are holding me back.. Anyone else feelin this way? Or is it me going crazy?? }#%^*+$

Im in a similar position to you, but I must say, I don't think I'm taking it as badly as you from what you're saying. Maybe it's because I'm just so used to setbacks at this stage!
    Hang in there. I know its a cliché, but we're all going to end up where we're meant to end up :)
    ana2676 wrote: »
    Same here:(. Well, maybe worse. Close to my fitness test day, got email to send them again all the forms....fair assumption that they lost my file and the vetting just started then. I don't think they will try to do something to remedied that so I am in for a long wait.
    And to make the matter worse they never called me to the interview with the sergeant or super....so , I just finished with them today, only after I pestered the local Garda to check with headquarters.
    And is nothing to do....

Wow, that sounds like terrible luck....

• Registered Users Posts: 4 jam11

I'm in the exact same boat as you. It's hard to swallow.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Everytime

Same here with me, it's not the fact I didn't get in, I'd just love to know that I am going to get in and what date. It's hard to go around saying I'm going joining the guards and then telling them you don't know when and its only 99.9%.. Other people don't understand I suppose!

ana2676 wrote: »
    And is nothing to do....
    Jeez, sorry to hear that!!

Everytime wrote: »
    Same here with me, it's not the fact I didn't get in, I'd just love to know that I am going to get in and what date. It's hard to go around saying I'm going joining the guards and then telling them you don't know when and its only 99.9%.. Other people don't understand I suppose!
    Yep, I keep getting congrats on getting through d process, only having to explain that it's still in d hanging... I don't mind waiting, it's being in d limbo what's getting to me!

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭jrobertos

Where roughly in the order of merit are u?

jrobertos wrote: »
    Where roughly in the order of merit are u?
    Between 260 and 270

Between 260 and 270

I was around 210. I met Sgt and super long time ago. Haven't done anything else. Vetting still not done either. It is such a joke. Practically given up on it now. Time to start looking for another job I think

I was around 210. I met Sgt and super long time ago. Haven't done anything else. Vetting still not done either. It is such a joke. Practically given up on it now. Time to start looking for another job I think

Not to be rude or anything but are you Irish or would your vetting be delayed due to being from abroad ?

Not to be rude or anything but are you Irish or would your vetting be delayed due to being from abroad ?

I'm 100% Irish. Spent 2 yrs in oz. Maybe that's it but shouldn't take this long. Already been passed out my a big crowd. Pissed off is an understatement

• Advertisement

I'm 100% Irish. Spent 2 yrs in oz. Maybe that's it but shouldn't take this long. Already been passed out my a big crowd. Pissed off is an understatement

Think it could be because of being in OZ. Two of my sisters over there and HRM told me that's the only thing that could be holding me back.

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭wobzilla1

I'm in the same boat, heard nothing since the interviews with the super.
    I was told at the interview that my vetting could take a while because my girlfriend is Bulgarian and the Bulgarian police never get back to them.
    She only has one living relative there though so it could be the 23 aunts and uncles I have that's holding it up.

I was made redundant in August and was expecting to maybe have a couple of weeks off before going down to Templemore. It's getting to be a bit of a joke now.

wobzilla1 wrote: »
    I'm in the same boat, heard nothing since the interviews with the super.
    I was told at the interview that my vetting could take a while because my girlfriend is Bulgarian and the Bulgarian police never get back to them.
    She only has one living relative there though so it could be the 23 aunts and uncles I have that's holding it up.

I was made redundant in August and was expecting to maybe have a couple of weeks off before going down to Templemore. It's getting to be a bit of a joke now.

Well if the character of an aunt or uncle has a bearing on our applications, thats me screwed!

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭wobzilla1

Well if the character of an aunt or uncle has a bearing on our applications, thats me screwed!

I don't think it will. Did you have your meeting with the sergeant / superintendent?
    I have a few uncles that would have a fair view convictions (including assault on gardaí) and I was just asked how much contact I had with them and how much influence they had over me, etc.

wobzilla1 wrote: »
    I don't think it will. Did you have your meeting with the sergeant / superintendent?
    I have a few uncles that would have a fair view convictions (including assault on gardaí) and I was just asked how much contact I had with them and how much influence they had over me, etc.

I did yeah, met them both in June. Yeah, Ive an uncle who has been in trouble a few times and is probably going to do time next year!
    I told either the Super or the Sargeant (I forget who) about him, but he didnt ask me anything more about it

• Registered Users Posts: 4 jam11

Has anyone been told the date for the next intake? Is it very likely to be Jan/Feb?

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭IgniteFitness

jam11 wrote: »
    Has anyone been told the date for the next intake? Is it very likely to be Jan/Feb?
    Was told today its looking like late Jan/early Feb but that was by the inspector who did my interview today.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭JonathanP

Was told today its looking like late Jan/early Feb but that was by the inspector who did my interview today.

how Did you get on? Were the questions tough? Any tricky ones?

Appointments rang me today asking am I available for the 26th of January and what notice I needed. That date is only a provisional one depending on numbers available. Looking good lads !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 825 ✭✭✭3fullback

Appointments rang me today asking am I available for the 26th of January and what notice I needed. That date is only a provisional one depending on numbers available. Looking good lads !

Can I ask roughly where you are on order of merit ! Congrads on getting the news !

3fullback wrote: »
    Can I ask roughly where you are on order of merit ! Congrads on getting the news !

I'm in the early 300's although my vetting went through very quick, my local Super brought me in the day they received the letter about me so it's well over a month at this stage since I completed that so that's why I think I'm a bit ahead.

I'm in the early 300's although my vetting went through very quick, my local Super brought me in the day they received the letter about me so it's well over a month at this stage since I completed that so that's why I think I'm a bit ahead.

Was their any inclination given as to when they might be giving official notice of offers out ?

I just got an email asking me to give them in a ring in HQ also.
    I rang and the lady said that theyre expecting to have an intake in or around the 26th of Jan, but that the date isnt set in stone yet. She also asked how much notice Id need and that theyd be in contact in due course.
    Finally, some really good news peeps! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭IgniteFitness

JonathanP wrote: »
    how Did you get on? Were the questions tough? Any tricky ones?

All good, few questions on vetting but thats it. Just dbl checking your background then gave advice on life in templemore. Asked how much notice I needed to give the job, that was it.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭JonathanP

All good, few questions on vetting but thats it. Just dbl checking your background then gave advice on life in templemore. Asked how much notice I needed to give the job, that was it.

Well Done..... hope all goes well for ya.... thanks for replying btw

• Advertisement

I just got an email asking me to give them in a ring in HQ also.
    I rang and the lady said that theyre expecting to have an intake in or around the 26th of Jan, but that the date isnt set in stone yet. She also asked how much notice Id need and that theyd be in contact in due course.
    Finally, some really good news peeps! :D

Can confirm, recieved a similar phone call.

Xios wrote: »
    Can confirm, recieved a similar phone call.

Sorry to be asking again, but where about roughly are you in the order of merit ? Congrads also !

3fullback wrote: »
    Sorry to be asking again, but where about roughly are you in the order of merit ? Congrads also !

Quite close to 400. So I think everyone is being held up by Vetting.

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭mycro89

Approx how many of the 5,000 from band 1 have being processed used to date in this campaign?

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭ann.lewis

mycro89 wrote: »
    Approx how many of the 5,000 from band 1 have being processed used to date in this campaign?

Possibly most of them have been processed. Group 2 people are going to the college on monday

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 562 ✭✭✭ShodenMcClane

You asked this a few days ago and got a comprehensive answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭ann.lewis

Of the 5000, 2 groups of 600 people were called to sit stage 3 so that's 1200 people.

I think the best thing for you might be to ask the public appointments service. They might have an indication as to when they will be calling more people forward for stage 3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

im in the 1300 mark in stage 1, waiting for that call to stage 3 is taking longer then i though. if i do get through the 5 stage. i'd imagine it'll be next xmas when i'd be heading towards templemore.

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭mycro89

empacher wrote: »
    im in the 1300 mark in stage 1, waiting for that call to stage 3 is taking longer then i though. if i do get through the 5 stage. i'd imagine it'll be next xmas when i'd be heading towards templemore.

How many are behind you approx? Does it still go right back to 5,000 within band 1?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

How many are behind you approx? Does it still go right back to 5,000 within band 1?

Yes it does

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭higglepiggle

No, as previously explained out of the 5000 that met the standard for stage one 3100 passed stage two, 1200 have been called to stage 3, so there's 1,900 left in band one yet to be called.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Hank26

Did anyone who defered from the first intake get called up for the second intake?

Hank26 wrote: »
    Did anyone who defered from the first intake get called up for the second intake?

I sure hope so coz ive deferred the second intake and have handed in my notice expecting to be in the third! High risk high reward I hope!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 SM198699

Hey guys, I don’t know if anyone is in the same boat, but I have done the medical and the interview with the sergeant and the super and was at Templemore the other week for the open day for the physical and I am still waiting for a date for the physical. Is anyone else in a similar position? Or was and recently got a date for the physical? The waiting would drive you mad

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Tank1094

I got called to physical this Friday there last week. Had medical 2 weeks ago, and had the open day 2 weeks previous to that. Meeting the super this week too supposedly!

• Advertisement
Advertisement