Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Garda Recruitment - Stage 5

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Xios

Tank1094 wrote: »
    I got called to physical this Friday there last week. Had medical 2 weeks ago, and had the open day 2 weeks previous to that. Meeting the super this week too supposedly!

Good to hear, could be partying with the rest of us in January.

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭mycro89

Xios wrote: »
    Good to hear, could be partying with the rest of us in January.

Have people already been offered places for January already?

mycro89 wrote: »
    Have people already been offered places for January already?

Provisional offers. Nothing set in stone yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 ana2676

Got a call from HQ.. Vetting done and a probable date of 26 Jan. And how much notice I need. Christmas come early:)

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭whoahya

ana2676 wrote: »
    Got a call from HQ.. Vetting done and a probable date of 26 Jan. And how much notice I need. Christmas come early:)

Such a good feeling to get the call isnt it.

I wanted feck all else for xmas! :D

whoahya wrote: »
    Such a good feeling to get the call isnt it.

I wanted feck all else for xmas! :D

There is movement it appears lately....

• Registered Users Posts: 4 juno123

If you don't mind me asking, when did you get the phone call from HQ? The waiting game is killing me.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 big_mike

Sounds like thry are gearing up to announce it, they made the same calls about 3 weeks before the last intake! Heres hoping!!!

juno123 wrote: »
    If you don't mind me asking, when did you get the phone call from HQ? The waiting game is killing me.

Keep checking your emails too. I got an email asking me to call them. They didnt actually call me.
    That was last thursday...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 juno123

whoahya wrote: »
    Keep checking your emails too. I got an email asking me to call them. They didnt actually call me.
    That was last thursday...

Thanks! Don't worry I am constantly checking! They told me early last week that they were waiting on local checks. I should have asked them what they meant by that. O well the waiting game continues. Congrats on getting the call:) Thanks for your reply.

Thanks! Don't worry I am constantly checking! They told me early last week that they were waiting on local checks. I should have asked them what they meant by that. O well the waiting game continues. Congrats on getting the call:) Thanks for your reply.

Well I rang them before the email too, about 3 or 4 weeks ago, and she said; 'your file is almost finished'. It sounds similar to what youre saying. Theres still plenty of time left, so dont be too worried. Youre welcome!

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Everytime

For the people who have got the call about the 26th.. Do you think it's safe to hand in our notice in work ? Wouldn't mind leaving before Christmas.

Everytime wrote: »
    For the people who have got the call about the 26th.. Do you think it's safe to hand in our notice in work ? Wouldn't mind leaving before Christmas.

It's a probable date......could be early or even couple of weeks later. They will give the call eventually:). If I was to give an opinion I would said that depend very much on your financial circumstances. :)

Just yesterday. I know that the waiting is getting to us but have faith ( easy to say than do.... I was going out of my mind :)))). Plenty of time until next intake , they will call.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Brownfox15

Lads and Ladies anyone who has received a call what were ye told? I got the call was told, Should they get a group together for January and they meet your number on the merit and how much notice?? Im between 380-390 with all passed.. just trying figure my chances for jan/feb. Cheers.

• Advertisement

Brownfox15 wrote: »
    Lads and Ladies anyone who has received a call what were ye told? I got the call was told, Should they get a group together for January and they meet your number on the merit and how much notice?? Im between 380-390 with all passed.. just trying figure my chances for jan/feb. Cheers.

You're ahead of me in Merit, I got called two weeks ago about January 26th.

From what I got told they need 100 people's vetting cleared before they announce anything. If they have 101 or above people by the date of announcement it will go down to order of merit. If your below 350 then your safe either way as long as your vetting is back !

From what I got told they need 100 people's vetting cleared before they announce anything. If they have 101 or above people by the date of announcement it will go down to order of merit. If your below 350 then your safe either way as long as your vetting is back !

Cheers for the reply lads, was just quizzing to see if anyone had an idea of where abouts the merit was at after first 200?? All depends on how many defferals and people fail medicals/fitness aswell. Hopefully lucky plz god

Band 1 finished in around 250 mark! Some of them still remain to be called but also there's a few from the 300s taken so you can say if you're in the top 350 and get the call that your vettings cleared you're safe to be going in, otherwise you have to sit and hope but there's every possibility !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 825 ✭✭✭3fullback

Was there physicals this week ? Any more word on next in take ?

• Advertisement

3fullback wrote: »
    Was there physicals this week ? Any more word on next in take ?

I don't know about last week but does anybody know are there any scheduled for this week?

Anyone talking to HRM about when next intake will be or when offers will be out ?

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭IgniteFitness

Anyone talking to HRM about when next intake will be or when offers will be out ?

Got the call yesterday, said would hopefully have an email sent by the end of Dec or early Jan at the latest,she seemed very optimistic that it is going to be the 26th of Jan start date, but obviously couldn't confirm that it would be until its approved by the powers above.

Got the call yesterday, said would hopefully have an email sent by the end of Dec or early Jan at the latest,she seemed very optimistic that it is going to be the 26th of Jan start date, but obviously couldn't confirm that it would be until its approved by the powers above.

Where are you roughly on the order of merit ?

Where are you roughly on the order of merit ?

380+

Anybody give in their notice yet?

Anybody give in their notice yet?

Yes I have. I'm leaving before the Christmas to enjoy it and take a break. I've always worked through School, college and summers so I want a break before I sign my life away !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭thekopend

Yes I have. I'm leaving before the Christmas to enjoy it and take a break. I've always worked through School, college and summers so I want a break before I sign my life away !

What I would give to sign mine

Check your emails lads.

Xios wrote: »
    Check your emails lads.

Please tell on

• Advertisement

Thats the best chistmas present ever!

Santa has come early!! Best feeling ever!! Congrats guys see you the 26th!!!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

Huh
    PAS were working today ?????
    That is a shock to say the least

D Trent wrote: »
    Huh
    PAS were working today ?????
    That is a shock to say the least

PAS finished their part of the competition after the interview. The Gardai took over from there.

Brownfox15 wrote: »
    Santa has come early!! Best feeling ever!! Congrats guys see you the 26th!!!! :D

See you there :-)

Yeeeow!
    Think thats the most important email ill ever get
    See you all on the 26th :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8 bigbean

Hi first time poster did anyone get the info pack in the post yet ?

Must say best Xmas present HRM could ever give, cheers guys !!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Hank26

bigbean wrote: »

Got mine today

Yup, arrived today :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭wobzilla1

Anyone else from group one still waiting to hear something?
    Passed the interview in the 230s and attended the information day back in May, had my meeting with the super and haven't heard anything since.
    Rang HRM once and was just told that my file was being prepared.

Starting to get a bit worried now that 3 classes have been filled.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 bigbean

wobzilla1 wrote: »
    Passed the interview in the 230s and attended the information day back in May, had my meeting with the super and haven't heard anything since.

Have you done physical or medical yet ?

Have you done physical or medical yet ?

Nope

• Registered Users Posts: 30 ShadowLFC

Ye im from group one but I have done my physical and medical and was told last week its only my vetting that is holding things up. The January class isn't full up yet so you should ring them and find out what is happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭jrobertos

I'm same as u. Don't have physical or medical done either. Think I'm gonna give up on it and try for another job.

jrobertos wrote: »
    I'm same as u. Don't have physical or medical done either. Think I'm gonna give up on it and try for another job.

I was made redundant back in September and thought I'd just have a few weeks to relax before going down to Templemore. I'm going a bit mad staying at home every day now but nobody wants to hire somebody who could be called to start training in Templemore any day

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Canyon86

I was made redundant back in September and thought I'd just have a few weeks to relax before going down to Templemore. I'm going a bit mad staying at home every day now but nobody wants to hire somebody who could be called to start training in Templemore any day

why dont you do some voluntary work? or even enroll in a short term course for the new year?

be something to keep you ticking over,

or even start a new class in the gym?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

jrobertos wrote: »

With the height of respect...... Don't be that silly
    People and plenty of em would give their left nut to have interview passed like you

D Trent wrote: »
    With the height of respect...... Don't be that silly
    People and plenty of em would give their left nut to have interview passed like you

I think other peoples ambitions are irrelevant to him. He should be looking for a job regardless of his position in the competition. Always have contingencies. Even though i'm set to start training this month, what if i have an accident and break a leg or something, i won't be able to start training, and be out of the job. Job hunting takes time so it's better to have a head start on leads and potential positions than start from scratch if he finds out he outta the competition.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭tictac__x

Ya I'm in the same boat did my interview in May and finished in the first 80, passed medical and physical just waiting on garda vetting. It's getting very frustrating but still hopeful for getting a call to start the end of January, fingers crossed! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Kablamo!

Could someone please Pm me the email address of HR? Can't put my hands on it and need to get in touch regarding details of my failed medical

• Advertisement
Advertisement