Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Garda Recruitment - Stage 5

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37 thelmascanl

Hey does anyone know what time sturday the open day is at? Have an exam at 9am so hopefully afternoon time. :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

Hey does anyone know what time sturday the open day is at? Have an exam at 9am so hopefully afternoon time. :-)

10am Templemore.

Hey does anyone know what the story is if there is any other times for the open day or is it just 10am slot?

Hey does anyone know what the story is if there is any other times for the open day or is it just 10am slot?

The email I received says one session only on Saturday starting 10am.

guess thats that then. I know it is supposed to be very good to go to but cant miss my exam. Need to keep options open in case this doesnt pan out.

• Advertisement

guess thats that then. I know it is supposed to be very good to go to but cant miss my exam. Need to keep options open in case this doesnt pan out.

Wait until you receive the email and then reply to them stating you can't make it. They may run another one. I recall last year they ran open days on the Thursday, Friday and Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭aido112

See ye Saturday lads!! Gonna wear a tracksuit I assume we will get a dry run

Does anyone know when they say your eyesight has to be 6/18 correctable to 6/9 6/12. Does the correctable mean with the aid of contacts or surgery??

• Registered Users Posts: 22 ansmcwilla

Is it May 9th for open day?

• Registered Users Posts: 37 jarvisk12

Did anyone not receive the invitation to the open day? Maybe they are doing more than one as I haven't recieved one yet

• Advertisement

jarvisk12 wrote: »
    Did anyone not receive the invitation to the open day? Maybe they are doing more than one as I haven't recieved one yet

It's not only you, I haven't got one either.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭jwm85

jarvisk12 wrote: »

I didn't get one either

• Registered Users Posts: 40 conzcro

jwm85 wrote: »
    I didn't get one either

I havnt either

conzcro wrote: »
    I havnt either
    I didn't get one either
    It's not only you, I haven't got one either.

Probably something similar to the fact some people are getting references checked, appointments to go meet superintendent and others are not. I'm sure everyone will get one eventually.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Rothmans

aido112 wrote: »
    Does anyone know when they say your eyesight has to be 6/18 correctable to 6/9 6/12. Does the correctable mean with the aid of contacts or surgery??

Correctable with glasses/contacts. So if you wear glasses or contact lenses make sure to bring them with you to the medical.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Mc Garnigle

All I have got is my date for the medical. Anyone else in the same boat?

Rothmans wrote: »
    Correctable with glasses/contacts. So if you wear glasses or contact lenses make sure to bring them with you to the medical.

So say if I can't read 6/18 unaided if I can do 6/9 6/12 with contacts I'll get thru? Or do I hbe to pass at both??

Scratch that just read my emails there,Have one about open day

• Registered Users Posts: 22 ansmcwilla

Scratch that just read my emails there,Have one about open day

What date?

Next Saturday the 9th

• Advertisement

Didn't get one!!!!! Gona show up anywayðŸ‘Â

aido112 wrote: »
    So say if I can't read 6/18 unaided if I can do 6/9 6/12 with contacts I'll get thru? Or do I hbe to pass at both??

You'll have to pass both, unless of course you pass the unaided test with eyesight of 6/9 or better :-P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭carzony

You'll have to pass both, unless of course you pass the unaided test with eyesight of 6/9 or better :-P

If you wear glasses could you pass the medical? My right eye is perfect but my left is pretty bad

carzony wrote: »
    If you wear glasses could you pass the medical? My right eye is perfect but my left is pretty bad

It depends on how bad the left eye is tbh. Best person to ask is your optometrist. Worse comes to worse, you'll get a referral if your eyesight isn't good enough which will give you the opportunity to get laser eye surgery done.

It depends on how bad the left eye is tbh. Best person to ask is your optometrist. Worse comes to worse, you'll get a referral if your eyesight isn't good enough which will give you the opportunity to get laser eye surgery done.

i think my eye might be considered quite bad. For some reason only 1 eye is very weak... :(:(

Just got a call off my super intendant..... Headin down for meeting this afternoon!!!!!!!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 44 lesterburnham

Just got a call off my super intendant..... Headin down for meeting this afternoon!!!!!!!:)

Would your local station be in a large town or is it a quiet one?

My local station is ballyfermot! A large enough area! But I'm from palmerstown! We don't have a station because we're small

What exactly does the meeting with the local super intended involve?

• Advertisement

Meant superintendent not intended. Woops

I still haven't got any word about open day?

Me neither, but I wouldn't worry, it's weekend. We probably won't hear anything before Tuesday, anyway. No point in getting stressed out, take advantage of the poxy weather and have a few pints to celebrate passing the interview

Me neither, but I wouldn't worry, it's weekend. We probably won't hear anything before Tuesday, anyway. No point in getting stressed out, take advantage of the poxy weather and have a few pints to celebrate passing the interview :))

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Kablamo!

carzony wrote: »
    i think my eye might be considered quite bad. For some reason only 1 eye is very weak... :(:(

Whats your prescription?

Kablamo! wrote: »
    Whats your prescription?

I got the glasses months ago so can't remember the prescription:o I never wear the glasses and only find it difficult to see small writing.. I'll see if I have anything in the house that may answer your question :D

Hope I don't need any procedures it's just another thing to add to the list of things to do :rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭newmug

Can I ask yiz all, what date did applications for the latest competition finish?

What exactly does the meeting with the local super intended involve?

Yeah anyone know what this is about?

Hey guys sorry about not getting back!? I went to meet with a sergent in my local station.... He went through my Vetting form that I filled in...... And if anythin on pulse comes up...... Then he talks about it... Then he sends a form to the head of the division and you go talk to him!!! Well that's what's happening with me.... I'm gettin a call Tuesday about my meeting

Hey guys sorry about not getting back!? I went to meet with a sergent in my local station.... He went through my Vetting form that I filled in...... And if anythin on pulse comes up...... Then he talks about it... Then he sends a form to the head of the division and you go talk to him!!! Well that's what's happening with me.... I'm gettin a call Tuesday about my meeting

Did you wear a suit?

Anybody still not get email about open day?

• Advertisement

Yeah cause I didn't know what to wear! But you can never be too over dressed!!!!!! But went for the top shirt button opened with no tie to counter balance the smart with casual!!!! I didn't get an email about the open day but everyone is off today and I doubt they're automated emails!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Dublingirl88

Hey all I'm number 553 on OOM and my medical is may 28th :)

After the orientation back in Feb i joined a gym and have been training so the PCT wont hold me back, what are people doing to train etc?

:)

Jus been stayin active with my sports!!!!!!! Need a good run though!!!!!! Am dreading tryin that beep test haha

Ha yeah I was looking at the YouTube videos and definitely gonna get the running shoes on this week!

Any thoughts on how to prepare for the push pull machine?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Killinator

Just a quick one,
    The self declaration vetting form, there doesn't appear to be anything on it or in the email to suggest it needs witnessing by anyone so I'm assuming it doesn't need witnessin, right?

Killinator wrote: »
    Just a quick one,
    The self declaration vetting form, there doesn't appear to be anything on it or in the email to suggest it needs witnessing by anyone so I'm assuming it doesn't need witnessin, right?

It doesn't need a witness. why would it need a witness?

It doesn't need a witness. why would it need a witness?

Form B had to be witnessed by a garda but this one is only signed by us and stamped by AGS once they're happy with it I presume?

You can download a beep test app so mite go look like a crazy person in the field!!!!!! No idea how to practise a push pull but maybe a rowing machine and lateral press machine would help!!!!! I play rugby so hopefully that helps!!!!!

Form B had to be witnessed by a garda but this one is only signed by us and stamped by AGS once they're happy with it I presume?

There's less information on this one I guess. I was going to say it's info they probably already have on pulse but I went to the station today to make sure my details were accurate and they had no record of any penalty points or fines I had received!

Yeah.... Me neither but I'd imagine they'd be quick enough if they needed to find it!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement