Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Garda Recruitment - Stage 5

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Dublingirl88

Well if they've no record then happy days!

Oh ill look for that app too and hopefully not look too much like a madwoman ;)

So excited to have made it through this far! Though I've a feeling my poor friends are likely sick of me going on about it all :)

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭jwm85

The garda did tell me that if I needed actual dates of the penalty points, to contact Shannon as that's where they issue them to your licence. But I did get fined for no tax once and that's not on pulse. I find that a bit odd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭carzony

jwm85 wrote: »
    The garda did tell me that if I needed actual dates of the penalty points, to contact Shannon as that's where they issue them to your licence. But I did get fined for no tax once and that's not on pulse. I find that a bit odd.

I think they have a different database for all those things.. Penalty points arent on pulse as far as I know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 229 ✭✭ELJeff

Any thoughts on how to prepare for the push pull machine?

Start on a Garda outside a club, Then wait see how they push and pull, and then do it back, If you win you'll pass, if not, keep practicing in this manner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Kablamo!

Going to (FINALLY!) get my eye signed off on today. Delighted!!

Have my meeting with the super this week

What's the story with those interviews at the local stations? Is everybody supposed to have one or is it just the follow up on the Form B in case there are some issues to be clarified? Few more appointments and I'll have no annual leave left for this year :)

What's the story with those interviews at the local stations? Is everybody supposed to have one or is it just the follow up on the Form B in case there are some issues to be clarified? Few more appointments and I'll have no annual leave left for this year :)

As far as I know everyone has to do one. Can't you take a sick day or unpaid leave?

• Registered Users Posts: 37 jarvisk12

How are you notified about the meeting in your local station?

• Advertisement

jarvisk12 wrote: »

Somebody will phone you from the station. Every station is going to be different so don't worry if you havent been called yet. A Seargent called me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 229 ✭✭ELJeff

jarvisk12 wrote: »
    I was awoken from my sleep at 9am on saunday by a phone call from the station asking me to come in, now bear in mind I was still half asleep, so I immediately assumes I was about to be arrested... Then I remembered, literally got dressed and went in to meet him, took half an hour at most.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 thornthorn

I called appointments about the open day. They said they'd more than likely be having another one the following Saturday but couldn't confirm just yet. Fingers crossed cause I can't make Saturday and I'm worried about the push-pull. Seems difficult enough to train for.

ELJeff wrote: »
    I was awoken from my sleep at 9am on saunday by a phone call from the station asking me to come in, now bear in mind I was still half asleep, so I immediately assumes I was about to be arrested... Then I remembered, literally got dressed and went in to meet him, took half an hour at most.

I'd have been in no state Sunday morning! Was it more of a formality or like a second interview?

Well I met the sergent and I have a second meeting with the super intendant on Thursday! Informal the first time! This time the intendant will have my form and also a form filled in by the sergent from when he met with me! The meeting with the supe is defiantly formal!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭aido112

Would your vetting need to be back before your called to meet super?

• Advertisement

Can anyone go to the open day or is it invite only?

Can anyone go to the open day or is it invite only?

I'm sure we'll all get an invite at some stage. Don't panic. They must be going to have another open day.

jwm85 wrote: »
    I'm sure we'll all get an invite at some stage. Don't panic. They must be going to have another open day.

Yea i cant imagine them having all us down one day, I'd say they will have small groups at a time so everyone gets a proper tour around the place, I am curious about this push pull machine though so would be good to get a go of one before the actual PCT!

Yeah I was told okay that their bringing us down in groups!!!!!!!! Everyone fill in and send back their self vetting form!? Am doin my tonight

Yep I posted mine today, it's a fairly basic form I wonder why they didn't get it off us with the form B?

• Advertisement

Yep I posted mine today, it's a fairly basic form I wonder why they didn't get it off us with the form B?

Just figured out how to quote on this app haha!!!! Yeah I know!!!! Totally seems like a test to see I your honest haha!!!!! But like I've my meetin on Thursday so he won't get thT like!!!! Wonder what it's for??!!

It's likely just for their records so... I mean the super will probably ask all the questions on the forms in person, but I'd say it's overlapping as they are trying to rush us all through to make sure they get the numbers for the 125 in July and 125 in October whereas normally the process is stretched out a bit more.... In a way I'm glad they are rushing us though, the waiting for results and updates is the worst part!

Have to say tho that it's exciting how close it is!!!!!!!!

Meeting the sgt today at 2pm and super tomorrow at 2pm!! This just got real!!

aido112 wrote:
    I had my meetin sat an I have inspector meetin tomorrow!!!! Wish someone here went before me to let me know what I can expect!!!!

Best of luck in the meetings! Its definitely a lot more real now!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭carzony

I had my meetin sat an I have inspector meetin tomorrow!!!! Wish someone here went before me to let me know what I can expect!!!!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=55988366

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Bridel

aido112 wrote: »

I had my meeting with super and sgt in November... It can be a long wait!!

Bridel wrote: »
    I had my meeting with super and sgt in November... It can be a long wait!!

Bridel does your vetting need to be back in order to get the meetings??

Bridel does your vetting need to be back in order to get the meetings??

Nope! They go ahead with the meetings even if vetting isn't back! Mine seems to be taking it's time coming back!

• Advertisement

Nope! They go ahead with the meetings even if vetting isn't back! Mine seems to be taking it's time coming back!

Ya I've an aunt in England that will prob slow mine down

• Registered Users Posts: 37 jarvisk12

Just got an invite to the next open day at 10am on the the 16th

Ya I've an aunt in England that will prob slow mine down

I have aunts and uncles in UK, Canada and Australia! It's a pain at this stage! Really hope it's all back before next batch start!

Me too!!!!! Like open days, medicals and fitness exams should be a good sign shouldn't they!

I got an invite to the open day on the 16th too :-) delighted we're getting shown the PCT in advance that'll help know how we should train and being down in the college will only make us more determined to make it down :-)

I have aunts and uncles in UK, Canada and Australia! It's a pain at this stage! Really hope it's all back before next batch start!

I've relatives in those three as well. Waiting for six months is a long time though especially after making it this far. Surprised it's taken that long and now I'm a little worried myself. Have you had to chase them about it?

We will all be lookin at each other wondering who is who from boards haha

We will all be lookin at each other wondering who is who from boards haha

Well I'm at a disadvantage there! Haha

Got my email about open day on 16th too. Meeting with the super tomorrow. I don't think relatives abroad will slow down the process too much. I'm sure they're more worried about the relatives that are living in Ireland.

• Advertisement

Hopefully we find out soon!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 bk1989

Hi all :) I'm new to boards so hope I'm doing this right!!
    just wondering are the people getting called for meetings with sergeants etc from big cities or smaller towns? I'm from cork city but haven't heard a thing so just wondering could that be the reason?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

bk1989 wrote: »
    Hi all :) I'm new to boards so hope I'm doing this right!!
    just wondering are the people getting called for meetings with sergeants etc from big cities or smaller towns? I'm from cork city but haven't heard a thing so just wondering could that be the reason?

I don't think size is the reason. Some people on here from Dublin have already been called.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Xios

Me too!!!!! Like open days, medicals and fitness exams should be a good sign shouldn't they!

The next intake is July, so yeah, those doing the fitness test in June, will likely be starting their course in July.

I imagine the next intake after that will be September when the 15-1 group get attested. That way there will always be 200 students in the college at any given time.

Anyone gettin the train down on the 16th?!

Literally walkin our door now to my meeting with the superintendent ........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44 lesterburnham

Best of luck!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

How did you get on?

Got on good!!! Asked me why I wanted to be a guard and spoke to me for a bit!!!!!! Was nice to meet someone in his position on a professional level!

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Mc Garnigle

This may seem a bit of a girlie question but what are people wearing tomorrow to Templemore??
    We are getting a go at push pull so bring gear with you and just normal clothes otherwise?

This may seem a bit of a girlie question but what are people wearing tomorrow to Templemore??
    We are getting a go at push pull so bring gear with you and just normal clothes otherwise?

Just wearing a tracksuit, I assume we will be doing some sort of physical activity!

• Advertisement
Advertisement