Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Garda Recruitment - Stage 5

Comments

I'm heading down tomorrow as well. Does anyone know how the day is spread out? I'd want to get it over with pretty quickly.

Me too!!!! I'd imagine by one it will be over!!!! And the rest of our lives will have just begun haha

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭jwm85

I didn't do anything today!!!!! Afraid to pull a muscle hahaha!!!!!!! Yeah sure we will all have to help encourage each other!!!!!!

I had been training in the evenings but figured I'd do it this morning so id be rested before tomorrow. Didn't get the full way in the beep test though. I'm just hoping I'll push myself tomorrow.

With the sit ups, do you have to put your head back on the floor or just your shoulders?

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Hank26

jwm85 wrote: »
    I had been training in the evenings but figured I'd do it this morning so id be rested before tomorrow. Didn't get the full way in the beep test though. I'm just hoping I'll push myself tomorrow.

With the sit ups, do you have to put your head back on the floor or just your shoulders?

Shoulders will suffice

• Registered Users Posts: 31 upmayo2015

Best of luck to everyone doin PCT tomorrow. I'm practicing most days on the beep trying to improve. Some days I'm doing ok other days im a full level off. I've passed it twice in training but I cannot keep consistent. Anyone know why this is? It's driving me mad. I've had a bad run of sickness with antibiotics etc so not sure if it's this. Dying to be called but worried that I won't be 100% on the day.

upmayo2015 wrote: »
    Best of luck to everyone doin PCT tomorrow. I'm practicing most days on the beep trying to improve. Some days I'm doing ok other days im a full level off. I've passed it twice in training but I cannot keep consistent. Anyone know why this is? It's driving me mad. I've had a bad run of sickness with antibiotics etc so not sure if it's this. Dying to be called but worried that I won't be 100% on the day.

I've only completed it twice in training. But if I'm honest I don't think I was really really pushing myself. I think when the day comes you'll know that this is the one you need to give everything to and you'll pull through.

• Advertisement

jwm85 wrote: »
    I've only completed it twice in training. But if I'm honest I don't think I was really really pushing myself. I think when the day comes you'll know that this is the one you need to give everything to and you'll pull through.

Am prob the only one on this this early today but just push yourself!!! Beat the beep to the line and just wait there!!! Or keep up with the pack!!! All or nothin guys

I think I'm a little bit early! Ha! Just at the college here now. Gonna wait out in the golf club car park.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Kablamo!

Good luck kids!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Dublingirl88

Good luck guy's and girls give it your all!!

Best of luck guys! If Ye can suss out what the story is for other dates please do!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Passrby

Got my e-mail for PCT on 16/6/15, has anyone tried to change the date for PCT test?

• Registered Users Posts: 37 jarvisk12

Passrby wrote: »
    Got my e-mail for PCT on 16/6/15, has anyone tried to change the date for PCT test?

I was due to take mine on that date but emailed to see if it could be changed as I would be away, they responded straight away with another date the following week, give them an email and explain your circumstances

I practiced it today. Reached the level required but just about. Missed lines but not in a row. Does anyone know how strict they are on this. I know from previous tests with GAA team you can miss lines as long as you don't miss two consecutive lines in a row?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Killinator

I practiced it today. Reached the level required but just about. Missed lines but not in a row. Does anyone know how strict they are on this. I know from previous tests with GAA team you can miss lines as long as you don't miss two consecutive lines in a row?
    They said on the open day I went to that 2 misses ment you failed, they didn't have to be consecutive misses. Although I alternatively heard elsewhere that it had to be 2 consecutive to count as a fail.
    Best not leave it to chance of you can avoid it.

Killinator wrote: »
    They said on the open day I went to that 2 misses ment you failed, they didn't have to be consecutive misses. Although I alternatively heard elsewhere that it had to be 2 consecutive to count as a fail.
    Best not leave it to chance of you can avoid it.

Just completed it today..... Look they're not tryin to catch you out!!!!!! But there not gonna let you pass if your really off the mark!!!!! How we did it.... Make it to the mark before the beep and wait.... Do t try time the. Beep to your run!

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭kev-bt

Just completed it today..... Look they're not tryin to catch you out!!!!!! But there not gonna let you pass if your really off the mark!!!!! How we did it.... Make it to the mark before the beep and wait.... Do t try time the. Beep to your run!

Well done, congrats, how many was there doing the tests today? Any word on date for next intake?

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Mc Garnigle

I was trying to figure out which person you were!!

Was there much of a break between the different parts of it? How many took the bleep test at a time? Well done

jarvisk12 wrote: »
    Was there much of a break between the different parts of it? How many took the bleep test at a time? Well done

8 in each group..About 15 mins between bleep and push ups but then nearly 2 hours.until the circuit test

Well done, guys! congrats to everyone who passed!

• Advertisement

8 in each group..About 15 mins between bleep and push ups but then nearly 2 hours.until the circuit test

Well done on passing it!!! Hoping I'll hear soon about my physical

Does anyone know if there's a way o telling how far along your vetting process is!?

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Bridel

Does anyone know if there's a way o telling how far along your vetting process is!?

No they don't really tell you about that part, I've been waiting since November for vetting

Got an email there my PCT is the 23rd!! Time to say goodbye to friends and family for the next 11 days!

Got an email there my PCT is the 23rd!! Time to say goodbye to friends and family for the next 11 days!

Got mine today for 23rd aswell, pct at 9:00am, off to France on holidays at 9:30pm :)

This is probably a bit late but for the Sit Ups, are these done individual or is someone holding your feet??

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭aido112

Bridel wrote: »
    No they don't really tell you about that part, I've been waiting since November for vetting

Isn't your medical/physical only valid for 6 months??

Passrby wrote: »
    This is probably a bit late but for the Sit Ups, are these done individual or is someone holding your feet??

Feet are held down.

Brilliant, feeling better now!!

• Advertisement

Bridel wrote: »

Surely there has to be a better system then this!!! Have you done all your stages also!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

Surely there has to be a better system then this!!! Have you done all your stages also!?

There is some people waiting for more than 6 months. I'm not sure how it all works. I heard if you have relatives abroad and you yourself lived abroad then it takes far longer. I was asked about relatives during the meeting in station but not all. Not sure if they just picked relatives at random or already had checks completed and asked about them specifically. If you don't get an offer fo4 July then you may not hear anything at all for several months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 229 ✭✭ELJeff

To anyone who has failed the medical on eyesight like myself, in the last three days I have gotten my consultation-had the laser itself done and had the 24hr post op check up done and I am absolutely delighted with it. Can not recommend The Wellington Clinic Highly enough, between wonderful staff, a welcoming space and great doctor who made the procedure seem like nothing, it was amazing.
    So to anyone thinking about it I would consider the wellington clinic!

Am I the only one without a fitness date

Meant to be doing mine tomorrow, instead I'm in bed with a concussion. Typical!

Do it anyways, you'll get through it

• Advertisement

Do it anyways, you'll get through it

Do not do it if you're concussed if you fail you wI'll be raging you could do it next week??

Do not do it if you're concussed if you fail you wI'll be raging you could do it next week??

There would be no guarantee he would get a spot next week, the week before last I rang and was told all dates where full so they couldn't help me if I'd not been contacted with a date and then last Friday I got a slot next Tuesday.
    In saying that the info I received mentioned a medical form to be signed on the day and I'd imagine having a concussion would be something they wouldn't let you do the test with... He's better off not risking it and waiting til the next pcts when he'll be well enough to perform at his best.

There would be no guarantee he would get a spot next week, the week before last I rang and was told all dates where full so they couldn't help me if I'd not been contacted with a date and then last Friday I got a slot next Tuesday.
    In saying that the info I received mentioned a medical form to be signed on the day and I'd imagine having a concussion would be something they wouldn't let you do the test with... He's better off not risking it and waiting til the next pcts when he'll be well enough to perform at his best.

I can barely stand let alone drive to Tipperary! The woman on the phone was very nice and understanding, I'm sure they'll get in touch again soon. It's frustrating but there's not a lot I can do.

Kablamo! wrote: »
    I can barely stand let alone drive to Tipperary! The woman on the phone was very nice and understanding, I'm sure they'll get in touch again soon. It's frustrating but there's not a lot I can do.

Its just one of those things I suppose... Well I hope you get better soon and get a new date soon enough! You could always be waiting on broken bones to heal so it could be worse!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,354 ✭✭✭✭endacl

ELJeff wrote: »
    Can not recommend The Wellington Clinic Highly enough, between wonderful staff, a welcoming space and great doctor who made the procedure seem like nothing, it was amazing.
    So to anyone thinking about it I would consider the wellington clinic!
    ^^^

Pretty sure you're not allowed do that...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 229 ✭✭ELJeff

endacl wrote: »
    ^^^

Pretty sure you're not allowed do that...

Do what exactly?

How did the people who have taken the PCT found it? Trying not to over do it on the training this week, I have mine next Tuesday, still no word on vetting or meeting the local Super intendent, my refs are also still to be contacted,anyone else in this position?

How did the people who have taken the PCT found it? Trying not to over do it on the training this week, I have mine next Tuesday, still no word on vetting or meeting the local Super intendent, my refs are also still to be contacted,anyone else in this position?

Found it very easy was hugely surprised.. Was in the same boat had not references or super/vetting done before PCT but they were all done within a week of completing it

Found it very easy was hugely surprised.. Was in the same boat had not references or super/vetting done before PCT but they were all done within a week of completing it

Sounds good, what sort of time did it finish up?

It was ok. If you've practised all the elements, you'll be just fine. It's always easier when you're in the "competition" mindset :)

There was quite a long wait between the fitness part and pct.

Sounds good, what sort of time did it finish up?

I left around 1 pm, but there were still people waiting for the obstacle course / pull-push machine when I was leaving. It wouldn't finish later than 2 - 2.30.

Any idea when offers will be out or how many weeks before the intake??
    Just be handy to know for work purposes

• Registered Users Posts: 40 conzcro

Hi lads just wondering about the vetting form b. Will we be contacted if we pass the vetting or will only be contacted if there is something wrong or how does it work??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭slingerz

i've a rather unusual question in the event that i make it through these last few stages.

I am due to get married in July 2017 and should i get called in the near term that would be in the middle of my training time. Any ideas how this would work out? Or who is best to ask this question of?

• Registered Users Posts: 44 lesterburnham

slingerz wrote: »
    i've a rather unusual question in the event that i make it through these last few stages.

I am due to get married in July 2017 and should i get called in the near term that would be in the middle of my training time. Any ideas how this would work out? Or who is best to ask this question of?

This was asked during the q&a at my stage 3. The Sergeant said that you would get time off for the wedding but he said that you would struggle to get time off for a honeymoon.

• Advertisement
Advertisement