Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Garda Recruitment - Stage 5

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭tfitzgerald

Hey, Tfitzgerald how did you place on OOM?

It was my daughter that did the interview she got an email last Thursday she got placed 690 /2 or 693. It was in the 690s anyway. I suppose its a case of "hurry up and wait now"

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Corkrunner35

It was my daughter that did the interview she got an email last Thursday she got placed 690 /2 or 693. It was in the 690s anyway. I suppose its a case of "hurry up and wait now"

That's good! Hopefully see her in training then! 👠yeah waiting game for the call is on!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭slingerz

Can I ask what your OOM was and what did they say to you on the call.

mid 600's they just setup the medical with me thats all

slingerz wrote: »

Best of luck. Will keep fingers crossed for you.

slingerz wrote: »

What date is your medical on ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Kablamo!

I was in the late 300's in my OOM. Just waiting for a new fitness date now.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 cilldara podge

Kablamo! wrote: »
    I was in the late 300's in my OOM. Just waiting for a new fitness date now.

What did you fail the fitness test on if you don't mind me asking? When did you do the original fitness test?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Kablamo!

What did you fail the fitness test on if you don't mind me asking? When did you do the original fitness test?

I haven't done it yet- had to reschedule owing to a head injury!

Kablamo! wrote: »
    I haven't done it yet- had to reschedule owing to a head injury!

Best of luck with it!

• Advertisement

Anyone here know of any major problems with the medical if people are failing it and what are they failing it on.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 daithi72222

Anyone here know of any major problems with the medical if people are failing it and what are they failing it on.

Most people fail it on the eyesight test . For the hearing test you have to press the clicker once for every single tone you hear that can catch people out as well. For the eyesight test you'll look through a screen and read out letters the first set are very hard and you don't need to be able to read them all to pass but you will be put off by how hard they are to read. There's nothing you can do besides getting your eyes tested at specsavers and ensuring you have 20/20 vision and perfect hearing.

What about teeth. There is nothing wrong with the teeth but one at the side of the mouth is very crooked sorry about all the questions but if you don't ask you don't know.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 daithi72222

What about teeth. There is nothing wrong with the teeth but one at the side of the mouth is very crooked sorry about all the questions but if you don't ask you don't know.

The doctor will look in your mouth for literally a couple of seconds to ensure there isn't obvious signs of cavities . Crooked teeth aren't a debarring factor so no need to worry .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Get Real

In relation to finding out of your date for the medical, who rings you. Is it HRM in phoeinix park or your local Divisional Headquarters? Thanks :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Killinator

Get Real wrote: »
    In relation to finding out of your date for the medical, who rings you. Is it HRM in phoeinix park or your local Divisional Headquarters? Thanks :)

You should get an email from HRM, first to let you know you're going forward to medical stage and then one with a date asking to email back confirmation of your attendance and what the medical entails.

• Advertisement

Anyone else who got oom last week get a email about PCT open day in the college?

Is it pct or medical first?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Dublingirl88

Medical comes first, but they are doing PCT open days ahead of some peoples medicals as people have been failing the Physical and by bringing you down and explaining each step they are hoping this will prevent people failing going forward.

If at all possible DO GO!! I found it very helpful and it's also very motivating. DO TRY each part you are given the opportunity to do!

Any shorter people or people with weaker body strength take note of the push pull machine technique and the tips they give you, it's a unique machine so if you can even get a 2nd shot at it grab it!

And of course enjoy the day ;)

Medical comes first, but they are doing PCT open days ahead of some peoples medicals as people have been failing the Physical and by bringing you down and explaining each step they are hoping this will prevent people failing going forward.

If at all possible DO GO!! I found it very helpful and it's also very motivating. DO TRY each part you are given the opportunity to do!

Any shorter people or people with weaker body strength take note of the push pull machine technique and the tips they give you, it's a unique machine so if you can even get a 2nd shot at it grab it!

And of course enjoy the day ;)

I'll be going alright for the look! Surprising there is a hight failure rate.

I'll be going alright for the look! Surprising there is a hight failure rate.

I think people underestimate the beep test, push pull puts short people at disadvantage, obstacle course isn't so bad by itself but it was difficult after the beep test that morning!

I think people underestimate the beep test, push pull puts short people at disadvantage, obstacle course isn't so bad by itself but it was difficult after the beep test that morning!

Yeah had a few runs at the beep test already so I should be good there. At over 6ft I'm thinking push pull will be ok too! Would be good to get a run at the obstacle course alright and to see technique of push ups and sit ups!
    Is it normally a early start for testing?

• Advertisement

Yeah had a few runs at the beep test already so I should be good there. At over 6ft I'm thinking push pull will be ok too! Would be good to get a run at the obstacle course alright and to see technique of push ups and sit ups!
    Is it normally a early start for testing?

Yea you should be alright ha! I'm 5ft3 so only trying to give tips to help anyone reading this!
    it'll be an early start to be there for 9am, few of us got b&b's hotel rooms the night before, and they generally aim have the last people finished by 2.30, I was done by half 1 and back in Dublin by half 3 :)

Yea you should be alright ha! I'm 5ft3 so only trying to give tips to help anyone reading this!
    it'll be an early start to be there for 9am, few of us got b&b's hotel rooms the night before, and they generally aim have the last people finished by 2.30, I was done by half 1 and back in Dublin by half 3 :)

Yeah people regularly over estimate there own fitness and end up failing tests.

I would def recommend people running beep test a few times to get Rythm, I downloaded to app and ran it a few times. And push-ups and sit up should be practiced daily I reckon! I

Never done push pull test so looking forward to the tips on that!

The timings are not to bad then be all done and dusted just after lunch! Just wish I had a date for it. But the waiting game is on!

Thanks for the advice and tips!

Has anybody who received their interview results last week, got a date for their medical yet?

I haven't gotten any date yet for medical.

I haven't gotten any date yet for medical.

Not yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭Lc201395

Havent got date for medical either. Has anyone met with their sergeant/superintendent yet? What's that about?

Oh right, I haven't got a date yet either but I was talking to somebody who had theirs this week! Is anybody going to the open day Saturday?

I have to meet today with the sergeant doing my vettin! Anyone else have to do this!?

I have to meet today with the sergeant doing my vettin! Anyone else have to do this!?

Is this a second meeting? If so it's probably to clear up something delaying your file! I'm only guessing though...

Is this a second meeting? If so it's probably to clear up something delaying your file! I'm only guessing though...
    He told me and he insisted nothin was Wrong with my file, that it was just routine or somthin!!!!! Sure I'll know later on!

• Advertisement

Just got the date for my medical by email.

He told me and he insisted nothin was Wrong with my file, that it was just routine or somthin!!!!! Sure I'll know later on!

Had you not met with him already before now?? At least he assured you nothing was wrong and you have a chance to push him about you getting down for October ;)

Had you not met with him already before now?? At least he assured you nothing was wrong and you have a chance to push him about you getting down for October
    I met him like ages ago, but this isin the sergeant of my area! I met with my local Sargent and super intendant, this guy is dealing directly with doing my vetting, like he has fifty forms to go through!!!

Just got the date for my medical by email.

When did you do the interview

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭ExtaticFob

Did my interview on the 06/07 and got my medical date this eve. It's not until late August. Anyone in the same boat?

ExtaticFob wrote: »
    Did my interview on the 06/07 and got my medical date this eve. It's not until late August. Anyone in the same boat?
    Can I ask you what your oom was. Ours was 692\3

Can I ask you what your oom was. Ours was 692\3

No prob. About 715. I wonder what position on the OOM is safety I.e. On it but not through

No prob. About 715. I wonder what position on the OOM is safety I.e. On it but not through

I think you are recommended to AGS or you get an email saying that you were not successful this time

My interview was mid April, I heard on the 28th from pas that I qualified and two days later received an email from HRM about my medical which I fortunately received 4 weeks notice of.
    My physical I had 11 days notice of.
    I met my sergeant and local inspector in between these. Both meetings were quite relaxed but I dressed as I would for interview for the meeting with the inspector. Both just spoke to me about why I wanted to be a garda and the sergeant spoke a bit about my family.
    Also you will know on the days of both medical and physical that you have passed, so after interview you no longer are waiting on results, just a lot of waiting for HRM to contact you about dates for the next stage etc

• Advertisement

Got medical date this afternoon via email for early Aug, I'm heading up Saturday as well for the open day! Not met any local gardai yet but expect this to be soon.

When did you do the interview

My interview was late June and my OOM is in the low 700's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭Lc201395

Anyone know if -2.75 right eye and -3.50 left eye will pass the medical??!!

I think you are recommended to AGS or you get an email saying that you were not successful this time

Make sure you check your junk/spam folders in your email account if you have not had correspondence with HRM previously it could be directed to these folders as spam.

**** ! I can't wait any longer does anyone know the
    Phone number to call

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭aido112

Lc201395 wrote:

I was -1.25 in both eyes and I scrapped it

• Advertisement

Lc201395 wrote: »

I have similar eye sight to you. I did an eye test and just made the qualifying standard. I was squinting alot! I would suggest having an eye test before the medical just to be sure and also memorise a few different eye charts! Feic Arse industries produce popular charts!

We got two E-mail s last night they came in to her gmail account shortly after 12 one about the medical she has hers on the 25 th August. And the other about the day in Templemore on Dublin.

...and also memorise a few different eye charts! Feic Arse industries produce popular charts!

Seriously, mate! Is that your solution for getting into the Garda College and becoming a police officer?

Seriously, mate! Is that your solution for getting into the Garda College and becoming a police officer?

I gave serious advice in what you didn't quote, correct? It's just a joke and if you can't see the reference then that's grand. Lighten up 'mate'. It would serve you well to take yourself less seriously and maybe think before you comment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭WillFerrell93

The lads that have Medical in late August... When did you do your interview? And how long did it take them to give you results? I done my interview the other day and would assume people in my band would be doing the Medical around the same time

• Advertisement
Advertisement