Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Garda Recruitment - Stage 5

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Blueandwhite15

Yeah me too.. I thought we might be in with them but obviously not.. I would say we would be prob looking more towards December now would we?

No idea it's possible though. I thought that's once you passed everything it was more to do with how quick your vetting comes back? It's still 2 months now away I suppose so I'm not sure. I was talking to her yesterday and she said she hasn't met her local Supt or Sgt so I guess they're no further on yet I mean we could get call this week for the end of month.
    I would think those at the top of the OOM had some hope of October depending on vetting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭WillFerrell93

No idea it's possible though. I thought that's once you passed everything it was more to do with how quick your vetting comes back? It's still 2 months now away I suppose so I'm not sure. I was talking to her yesterday and she said she hasn't met her local Supt or Sgt so I guess they're no further on yet I mean we could get call this week for the end of month.
    I would think those at the top of the OOM had some hope of October depending on vetting

Yeah I think that is a big factor in it alrite.. But you normally get about a months notice before being offered a place so that would mean everything would have to be done and Vetting back by the end of September.. I cant see it going that quick but could be wrong

Yeah I think that is a big factor in it alrite.. But you normally get about a months notice before being offered a place so that would mean everything would have to be done and Vetting back by the end of September.. I cant see it going that quick but could be wrong

Gives them roughly 6 weeks . Only takes 2 to do medical and PCT.

Gives them roughly 6 weeks . Only takes 2 to do medical and PCT.

Hmmmm.. That sounds good ha I would love it to go quick! Any idea how they are fixed for October? Is there many waiting who have everything complete I wonder

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Dublingirl88

If the next intake is starting early October then everything would need to be back end of August/ early Sept. for the offer to go out a month before... Trouble is we have no clue what date in October they are thinking....

I have heard from a friend who is a HR Dept. garda vetting usually takes about 12 weeks.... and that is vetting for civil service so vetting for the guards may take longer... plus its summer time so HRM may be short staffed sue to leave etc....

• Advertisement

If the next intake is starting early October then everything would need to be back end of August/ early Sept. for the offer to go out a month before... Trouble is we have no clue what date in October they are thinking....

I have heard from a friend who is a HR Dept. garda vetting usually takes about 12 weeks.... and that is vetting for civil service so vetting for the guards may take longer... plus its summer time so HRM may be short staffed sue to leave etc....

Didn't they rush through for other intakes? I've no idea how many have passed and are waiting to go?
    It must be the end of October because those who passed interviews before us only have medicines at the end of the month.
    Do we have to supply more relatives now or whats the story? Cousins etc..

Didn't they rush through for other intakes? I've no idea how many have passed and are waiting to go?
    It must be the end of October because those who passed interviews before us only have medicines at the end of the month.
    Do we have to supply more relatives now or whats the story? Cousins etc..

Yea they may rush people through yet... I imagine they are aiming for an early October start date and only if they are struggling with numbers will it be pushed back, remember the last week in October is a Bank Hol Monday so it's unlikely they'll have a group starting on a 4 day week... so latest date in October I imagine will be the 19th.... But who really knows!

Yea they may rush people through yet... I imagine they are aiming for an early October start date and only if they are struggling with numbers will it be pushed back, remember the last week in October is a Bank Hol Monday so it's unlikely they'll have a group starting on a 4 day week... so latest date in October I imagine will be the 19th.... But who really knows!

Yeah its a killer waiting to know. I don't know what intake we'll get

Yeah its a killer waiting to know. I don't know what intake we'll get

Yea I was convinced I'd make July... thought of not making October is depressing :(

Yea I was convinced I'd make July... though of not making October is depressing :(

Even a little insight would be great haha Its unreal that we have got this far but jesus I am sick of waiting haha its killing me

• Advertisement

Even a little insight would be great haha Its unreal that we have got this far but jesus I am sick of waiting haha its killing me

I'd love to get in the October class. It would just be great

I'd love to get in the October class. It would just be great

Here's hoping!!:D

Here's hoping!!:D

So come here Dublingirl... The serious question of North side V South Side.. Which one are you?? haha

So come here Dublingirl... The serious question of North side V South Side.. Which one are you?? haha

haha that would be telling now wouldn't it! :rolleyes:

haha that would be telling now wouldn't it! :rolleyes:

Yes yes it would haha Sorry for all the stupid questions but was practicing the beep test last night.. Downloaded the app for iphone.. Found the first level was way faster than was expecting.. First level you should nearly be able to walk it.. Is the one for the test alot easier?

Yes yes it would haha Sorry for all the stupid questions but was practicing the beep test last night.. Downloaded the app for iphone.. Found the first level was way faster than was expecting.. First level you should nearly be able to walk it.. Is the one for the test alot easier?

Yea first one is slow jog really, I got the 'bleep fitness test' for android which seemed pretty close to the real thing... Also I'm 5ft 3 so if you're 6ft 3 then possibly it should be more of a walk for you to start!

Yea first one is slow jog really, I got the 'bleep fitness test' for android which seemed pretty close to the real thing... Also I'm 5ft 3 so if you're 6ft 3 then possibly it should be more of a walk for you to start!

I know a slow jog and by god this was not a slow jog.. Couldnt believe it haha But maybe I am doing a harder one and come the day it will be easier haha Hopefully

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 138 ✭✭Turbo T

The Loughborough bleep test is the test they use down there. Get that one.

1st level you should be able to walk it at a good pace.

The october class should be starting when the 3rd intake leave. I forget their passing out date now but I'm sure one of them could throw it up here and you guys will have more of a better idea. I think they finish the end of September so i wouldn't imagine it'll be too long after that

Turbo T wrote: »
    The Loughborough bleep test is the test they use down there. Get that one.

1st level you should be able to walk it at a good pace.

The october class should be starting when the 3rd intake leave. I forget their passing out date now but I'm sure one of them could throw it up here and you guys will have more of a better idea. I think they finish the end of September so i wouldn't imagine it'll be too long after that

Do you have any links to it at all Turbo? Ive tried searching for that specific one and can only get info on it not the actual test

Turbo T wrote: »

They finish September 11th, and HRM confirmed a few weeks back it's an October start date but when I asked for an exact date they couldn't say...

• Advertisement

They finish September 11th, and HRM confirmed a few weeks back it's an October start date but when I asked for an exact date they couldn't say...

I think the 19th sounds good.. I am on holiday the first week of October so hopefully its not that week ha

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Ciaran20041329

One of the lads in templemore was talking about October 17th. He seemed fairly certain on that so it ties in with the timeframes being speculated.
    This waiting is just stressing me out. Im 33 in the OM so im hoping to be called for octiberst intake too.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 conzcro

One of the lads in templemore was talking about October 17th. He seemed fairly certain on that so it ties in with the timeframes being speculated.
    This waiting is just stressing me out. Im 33 in the OM so im hoping to be called for octiberst intake too.

When ye are on about OOM lads is this the one we got after we passed the interview stage?

conzcro wrote: »
    When ye are on about OOM lads is this the one we got after we passed the interview stage?

Exactly man. Basically your ranking after interview.

Exactly man. Basically your ranking after interview.

Should you have not been called along time ago so if your oom is 33?

conzcro wrote: »
    Should you have not been called along time ago so if your oom is 33?

Im 770 and the benchmark started at 737 so im placing 33rd at the moment.
    So if you given on OOM of 747, you'd be 10th in the OOM and so on so forth.

Ah I get ya now. Sorry for the confusion I'm 608 and was thinking there was something wrong if the 33rd OOM wasn't called yet

• Registered Users Posts: 31 upmayo2015

Did they say at the open day what the story is if you miss a beep? I reached my target today of 8.1 but I missed one beep but caught up to the next one. Usually this is ok but what's templemores view of it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 229 ✭✭ELJeff

upmayo2015 wrote: »
    Did they say at the open day what the story is if you miss a beep? I reached my target today of 8.1 but I missed one beep but caught up to the next one. Usually this is ok but what's templemores view of it?
    You can miss beeps just not two consecutively.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Mc Garnigle

Does anybody know what the story is with deferring...I'm due to go in October but it may not suit

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Corkrunner35

Ciaran your 33rd in your batch but remember bud there was another 100 in the group prior to yours as well as who ever deferred or is awaiting vetting from the groups ahead of us again. My group started at 638 up to your 747 if I'm right.

Ciaran your 33rd in your batch but remember bud there was another 100 in the group prior to yours as well as who ever deferred or is awaiting vetting from the groups ahead of us again. My group started at 638 up to your 747 if I'm right.

And my group started at 451..... plenty of us waiting for the call!

And my group started at 451..... plenty of us waiting for the call!

Was your group not the class who started on July?
    Isn't the classes gone up from 100 - 125?

Was your group not the class who started on July?
    Isn't the classes gone up from 100 - 125?

Some of the group before mine went in that had been delayed from vetting and I think at least half of my group if not 3/4 are still waiting....

425 have gone down to Templemore... think my group went from 451 up to 638... so from that maths none of us should have gone down but with vetting issues and delays and people not taking their place due to circumstances changing or people needing to defer they took some of my group....

Some of the group before mine went in that had been delayed from vetting and I think at least half of my group if not 3/4 are still waiting....

425 have gone down to Templemore... think my group went from 451 up to 638... so from that maths none of us should have gone down but with vetting issues and delays and people not taking their place due to circumstances changing or people needing to defer they took some of my group....

Ah I see! I'm really not sure what's going on so. I have the benefit of being near the start of the new OOM so hopefully it will move along fast enough. 2 more classes of 125 in October and December.

• Advertisement

Ah I see! I'm really not sure what's going on so. I have the benefit of being near the start of the new OOM so hopefully it will move along fast enough. 2 more classes of 125 in October and December.

To be fair none of us are sure what's happening this is all just talk and speculation but hopefully between the two intakes this year a lot of us will be seeing each other in Templemore soon enough!

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Corkrunner35

To be fair none of us are sure what's happening this is all just talk and speculation but hopefully between the two intakes this year a lot of us will be seeing each other in Templemore soon enough!

I agree I just try take it as it happens cause if you try to work it out you will drive your self mad!
    Just try concentrate on your next step be it a medical or the PCT.
    The good news is next intake will only be a few weeks away really so everyone would have a much better picture by then hopefully.

Awh with October and December bringing in 2 classes, as long as im in before the end of 2015 I'll be happy out.
    Yeeve been called for the medical and PCT and all though haven't yee? To be honest, even if im not in by December, ill feel alot more comfortable if I just know I have the medical passed and over with. Thats the only thing causing apprehension at this stage.

Anyone been given any indication about PCT? I'm workin abroad and would love to have some idea as due home for a wedding next week!

Anyone been given any indication about PCT? I'm workin abroad and would love to have some idea as due home for a wedding next week!

Are you in the most recent group?
    If you are, I would say next week is a long shot man. As far as I know, its medical first then the PCT and we haven't heard a word about the medical as of yet. The PCT is a million miles away I'd imagine :/

• Advertisement

Are you in the most recent group?
    If you are, I would say next week is a long shot man. As far as I know, its medical first then the PCT and we haven't heard a word about the medical as of yet. The PCT is a million miles away I'd imagine :/

Nope. Had to defer PCT due to injury.

Nope. Had to defer PCT due to injury.

Boom medical in 1St September

Boom medical in 1St September

Ah great fair play

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Peter2.0

Anyone know how to look up old penalty points that you had received? Also how long does the medical take?

Awh with October and December bringing in 2 classes, as long as im in before the end of 2015 I'll be happy out.
    Yeeve been called for the medical and PCT and all though haven't yee? To be honest, even if im not in by December, ill feel alot more comfortable if I just know I have the medical passed and over with. Thats the only thing causing apprehension at this stage.

Why you apprehensive about it? Don't worry you'll fly it!

2nd for me :) Bring it on!!

Did anyone ever receive FCPN for speeding or anything similar??

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Peter2.0

Did anyone ever receive FCPN for speeding or anything similar??

I did twice but the last one I recieved was in 2011 and have no record of either, rang RSA they said they're not willing to disclose closed charges. I rang HQ and the girl said don't worry about them just say no,

Peter2.0 wrote: »
    I did twice but the last one I recieved was in 2011 and have no record of either, rang RSA they said they're not willing to disclose closed charges. I rang HQ and the girl said don't worry about them just say no,

Ah cool.. I might give them a quick ring regarding mine.. All getting real now.. Great to have a date now.. Cant wait for it

Why you apprehensive about it? Don't worry you'll fly it!

Live with type 1 diabetes. Its relatively well controlled and ive written confirmation from the chief medical officer saying it shouldn't be an issue if its all in check but still. Another barrier ha. Ive my diabetic consultant on edge of his seat as regards the outcome.
    The 3rd is my D- Day ha.
    ****s getting real lads.

• Advertisement
Advertisement