Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Garda Recruitment - Stage 5

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Blueandwhite15

Can't see the medical or PCT being an issue. I've got a check by the doctor, dentist & an audiogram. All were good to go!
    I play lots of sport and in decent shape.
    I just hope the vetting is quick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭WillFerrell93

Are references not contacted until you pass medical and physical or can they be contacted at any time? Same with sgt and super meeting is that only after everything is passed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Dublingirl88

Are references not contacted until you pass medical and physical or can they be contacted at any time? Same with sgt and super meeting is that only after everything is passed?

All happen once interview is passed, only the physical is left until you have passed your medical.

The references and meetings with the sergeant and super are all dependent on the local sergeant organising those meetings and making those calls.

Got a call to meet local Sgt

Got a call to meet local Sgt

Just there??

Just there??

Yea

All happen once interview is passed, only the physical is left until you have passed your medical.

The references and meetings with the sergeant and super are all dependent on the local sergeant organising those meetings and making those calls.

Ah okay so it just depends on when the local sgt gets around too it like.. Cheers! Good to know

Yea

How weird is that like!! haha Fair Play! When ya up??

How weird is that like!! haha Fair Play! When ya up??

Delighted because the coverage is poor around here ! Tomorrow eve

Delighted because the coverage is poor around here ! Tomorrow eve

Savage fair play! Ball rolling for you now.. Have your references been contacted yet no?

• Advertisement

Savage fair play! Ball rolling for you now.. Have your references been contacted yet no?

That I don't know . I had a garda reference so I'll have to contact him and see

That I don't know . I had a garda reference so I'll have to contact him and see

Yeah do.. I have told all mine to let me know when they get contacted haha

Yeah do.. I have told all mine to let me know when they get contacted haha

I told all mine too. Just could have been contacted and if they're working might be slow ringing me.

I told all mine too. Just could have been contacted and if they're working might be slow ringing me.

Yeah definitely.. Well thats good say your delighted are ya?

Yeah definitely.. Well thats good say your delighted are ya?

Ah yeah its good to keep the ball moving. At least my files at my local station.
    Here's hoping it keeps going good

Ah yeah its good to keep the ball moving. At least my files at my local station.
    Here's hoping it keeps going good

Thats it.. Two more tests and your there :) Still a crazy thought ha My local station is a fairly big one so I would say I am the last thing on their mind haha

Thats it.. Two more tests and your there :) Still a crazy thought ha My local station is a fairly big one so I would say I am the last thing on their mind haha

Yeah mines a HQ and fairly busy. My garda reference was contacted there now

Yeah mines a HQ and fairly busy. My garda reference was contacted there now

Hes looking into you as we speak now so haha Ah I would love to get a call over next few days.. Youre in the midlands you said is that right?

Hes looking into you as we speak now so haha Ah I would love to get a call over next few days.. Youre in the midlands you said is that right?

Correct. He must be haha. I'm delighted to be on my way. In fairness the guards in my area are very efficient and friendly so it's great very positive to deal with

• Advertisement

Correct. He must be haha. I'm delighted to be on my way. In fairness the guards in my area are very efficient and friendly so it's great very positive to deal with

Ah good stuff good stuff.. I remember when I had to meet the local Sgt for the Reserves I didnt know what to make of him.. He wasnt too friendly..The Inspector was a lot friendlier.. Was no super in my station at the time..

Im near the start of the OOM ao maybe that's why I was contacted. My garda reference said it's a good sign so here's hoping

Im near the start of the OOM ao maybe that's why I was contacted. My garda reference said it's a good sign so here's hoping

Yeah I am not too far off either.. It started at 737 I think and I was 750 something so was around 20 something in the OOM..What were you?

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Corkrunner35

Just received date start sept for Pct test

Yeah I am not too far off either.. It started at 737 I think and I was 750 something so was around 20 something in the OOM..What were you?
    Yeah it started at 737. I'm in the top 15

Just received date start sept for Pct test

Have you passed medical and all?

• Advertisement

Yeah it started at 737. I'm in the top 15

Yeah I am in top 25.. Hopefully will be hearing soon :) You must let us know how your meeting with the Sgt goes

Yeah ill let you know

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭jwm85

My OOM is early 600's. Still waiting for vetting to come back so will hopefully be in October intake.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Corkrunner35

Have you passed medical and all?

Yeah medical done start of August meeting super tomorrow!

Yeah medical done start of August meeting super tomorrow!

Good Stuff.. When is your physical?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 Muggle24

Got my call to meet the sergeant today. @dublingirl thanks for all your info been a great help !

Muggle24 wrote: »
    Got my call to meet the sergeant today. @dublingirl thanks for all your info been a great help !

Good Stuff! Are you based outside of the capital?

Anyone know the main medical fails? Doc says I'm good to go as did the audiologist but I'm nervous seen as I'm so close

Good Stuff! Are you based outside of the capital?

Yes in the west !

Yes in the west !

Ah cool.. When you up? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Kablamo!

Just got my date for the physical, first week in September. Haven't a hope of passing it, couldn't really keep on top of my training with the head injury.

Kablamo! wrote: »
    Just got my date for the physical, first week in September. Haven't a hope of passing it, couldn't really keep on top of my training with the head injury.

Ah that sucks! Would you be better off delaying once again?

Ah cool.. When you up?

Friday all going good :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Kablamo!

Ah that sucks! Would you be better off delaying once again?

Think between the laser eye surgery and all it'd look worse if I tried to put it off

Kablamo! wrote: »
    Think between the laser eye surgery and all it'd look worse if I tried to put it off

Fair point... god that is really unfortunate....

They have you sign a form declaring you're fit to do the test on the day, and you get a decent enough break between the beep/sit ups/press ups and the circuit/push-pull. So you may just manage it!

Also if you get through the beep/sit ups/press ups but don't make the circuit/push-pull or vice versa they'll give you a chance to repeat the half you didn't pass so give it your all and fingers crossed you'll get it in one go!

• Advertisement

Friday all going good :)
    Ah good stuff.. Let us know how it goes.. Are you going to PCT Open Day Saturday?

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭jwm85

I'm guessing the people in line for the October intake probably won't hear anything until the middle of September!

jwm85 wrote: »
    I'm guessing the people in line for the October intake probably won't hear anything until the middle of September!

If the intake is going down start of October then the earliest we'd hear is early September, there are rumours or guesses that it'll be mid October though so we're likely to have a few more weeks waiting!

If the intake is going down start of October then the earliest we'd hear is early September, there are rumours or guesses that it'll be mid October though so we're likely to have a few more weeks waiting!

Yeah I would say will be maybe the 19th.. As you said Bank Holiday on the 26th so

Yeah I would say will be maybe the 19th.. As you said Bank Holiday on the 26th so

Good memory! ha

Good memory! ha

Ah this stupid thing has my head wrecked.. Must have read every forum at least twice haha But its great for info :) Looking forward to going down again on Saturday

Ah this stupid thing has my head wrecked.. Must have read every forum at least twice haha But its great for info :)

I'm the exact same.... and people asking me in every conversation for any news doesn't help either.....

I'm the exact same.... and people asking me in every conversation for any news doesn't help either.....

Ah youll be down there in less than 2 months :) Such a long process its unbelievable ha

Ah youll be down there in less than 2 months :) Such a long process its unbelievable ha

Oh I hope so! I'll be the happiest girl in Dublin :D

• Advertisement

Oh I hope so! I'll be the happiest girl in Dublin :D

If it's the 19th then offers don't have to be out until the 19th of September.
    I mean the question is do they have the numbers for October yet? I've my medical next week and I'm meeting my Sgt today. All my references were contacted. If/when I pass medical is it reasonable to say I may get a week or so notice for PCT , given that I'm at the the start of the new OOM?

Advertisement