Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Garda Recruitment - Stage 5

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭WillFerrell93

If it's the 19th then offers don't have to be out until the 19th of September.
    I mean the question is do they have the numbers for October yet? I've my medical next week and I'm meeting my Sgt today. All my references were contacted. If/when I pass medical is it reasonable to say I may get a week or so notice for PCT , given that I'm at the the start of the new OOM?

Lets hope ya do.. Youll be defo looking at October then.. Supposedly they dont actually have to give you a months notice either.. Its just preffered

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Dublingirl88

Lets hope ya do.. Youll be defo looking at October then.. Supposedly they dont actually have to give you a months notice either.. Its just preffered

They seem to try have initial offers out 3-4 weeks in advance so if people have to defer they have time to contact others on the list and give them sufficient notice for work etc... they generally call people enquiring hypothetically if you would be in a position to go down on X date should your file be ready, and the calls are normally a few weeks before the offers go out.

But how it happened before and how it will happen now could be very different so I don't believe anything as set in stone until I see an email from HRM!

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Blueandwhite15

Yeah no point in rumours. Look either way we're all in with a good chance of being there in October or December

Yeah no point in rumours. Look either way we're all in with a good chance of being there in October or December

I got my hopes set on July... don't want to do that to myself again so have accepted that when I get down there is when I am meant to get there, I'm saving and preparing for October if I don't make it then I can sit back and have a few more relaxed weekends with friends before I go down :)

What times the meeting? :)

• Advertisement

What times the meeting? :)

6.30 lad

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Muggle24

Does anyone remember at the stage 3 presentation what they said in regards to where you are placed and 80km reducing to 50 km after 2 years ? I remember something being mentioned

Muggle24 wrote: »
    Does anyone remember at the stage 3 presentation what they said in regards to where you are placed and 80km reducing to 50 km after 2 years ? I remember something being mentioned

I thought it was 5 years... but that rule doesn't apply in the bigger cities like Dublin, Cork, Limerick and Galway wasn't it?

6.30 lad

How'd ya get on? :)

I thought it was 5 years... but that rule doesn't apply in the bigger cities like Dublin, Cork, Limerick and Galway wasn't it?

Maybe it was 5 years I just was hoping I heard 2. Did they mean you had to be placed within 80km or outside of km from you hometown ? I'm not from any of the cities !

• Advertisement

Muggle24 wrote: »
    Maybe it was 5 years I just was hoping I heard 2. Did they mean you had to be placed within 80km or outside of km from you hometown ? I'm not from any of the cities !

Really can't remember how long it is.... but it's an exclusion zone so you'll be 80km outside your home district I'm afraid...

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭ollieo

Does anyone know roughly how long the open day goes on for the PCT? Thanks

How'd ya get on? :)

Was grand. General chat about your form B., family your hobbies ect. He writes a report then gives it to the Supt who meets you then he writes a report along same lines.
    He was friendly and helpful and said I'd be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 itsmeimback

Got a call this evening at 7.30 from my local Sergeant asking could i call in for a chat, i went down an hour later and was in for about 10 minutes, he just asked a few questions about hobbies and work, was sound about it. He was saying they are under pressure to get these interviews done as they need numbers for October. good to get it over so quickly.

Got a call this evening at 7.30 from my local Sergeant asking could i call in for a chat, i went down an hour later and was in for about 10 minutes, he just asked a few questions about hobbies and work, was sound about it. He was saying they are under pressure to get these interviews done as they need numbers for October. good to get it over so quickly.

Good man say your relieved to have it done.. Do you mind me asking where you are on the OOM and are you outside Dublin? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 17 itsmeimback

Yah happy to get the call and to have it over me. I was 751 on the oom. And I'm in Donegal.

Ah you're just behind me in the OOM. I'm meeting my Supt on Tuesday.

Ah you're just behind me in the OOM. I'm meeting my Supt on Tuesday.

And just above me haha My station is a busy one but I wanna get the call and get it done haha Hopefully my application is with the station

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Peter2.0

And just above me haha My station is a busy one but I wanna get the call and get it done haha Hopefully my application is with the station

What region are you?

Peter2.0 wrote: »
    What region are you?

DMR Peter

• Advertisement

Peter2.0 wrote: »
    What region are you?

Did you get a call Peter?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 bluebonbon

Got my PCT date for the 1st of September, but its my last week in work and I don't think I can get it off, how are they with changing the dates??

bluebonbon wrote: »
    Got my PCT date for the 1st of September, but its my last week in work and I don't think I can get it off, how are they with changing the dates??

Ring/Email them now, if there are later dates - which there likely is - and someone can't make their date in the later tests they may move you to a later date.
    Can't be guaranteed they can facilitate this but can't hurt to ask!

Ring/Email them now, if there are later dates - which there likely is - and someone can't make their date in the later tests they may move you to a later date.
    Can't be guaranteed they can facilitate this but can't hurt to ask!

Okay just rang HRM, they're working on reschedules now and she said that I more than like should be able to get another date, thank god! 😊

Okay just rang HRM, they're working on reschedules now and she said that I more than like should be able to get another date, thank god! 😊

That's good news!

That's good news!

Hopefully ill be able to pass it now, really let my fitness go during work for the summer, may get back to it asap, the test really snook up on me 😋

Hopefully ill be able to pass it now, really let my fitness go during work for the summer, may get back to it asap, the test really snook up on me 😋

When did you pass interview and medical?

When did you pass interview and medical?

Passed my interview in April, failed my medical in June, but got laser eye surgery over the summer!

Thought id have to do the medical again, but just got a date for the fitness instead 😋
    How far along are you?

Passed my interview in April, failed my medical in June, but got laser eye surgery over the summer!

Thought id have to do the medical again, but just got a date for the fitness instead 😋
    How far along are you?

Ah cool good stuff.. Have Medical on 2nd Sep so hoping all goes well and will have PCT soon after that

• Advertisement

Ah cool good stuff.. Have Medical on 2nd Sep so hoping all goes well and will have PCT soon after that

What's your OOM? Hopefully you get a date soon after that for the fitness for this intake

What's your OOM? Hopefully you get a date soon after that for the fitness for this intake

Yeah thats what I am hoping.. Im in the 750's.. So high enough on our round of interviews.. But I know quite a few are ahead of me so.. Yeah I would take a PCT date a week after medical if they offered it ha

Did you get a call Peter?

No out of the country at the minute just trying to keep up to date when I can.

Yeah thats what I am hoping.. Im in the 750's.. So high enough on our round of interviews.. But I know quite a few are ahead of me so.. Yeah I would take a PCT date a week after medical if they offered it ha

I'm 588, I'd like to get a place or get it sorted before I get back into college properly so that it doesn't happen after my fees are paid 😋

I'm 588, I'd like to get a place or get it sorted before I get back into college properly so that it doesn't happen after my fees are paid 😋

Yeah definitely.. Ya wont get the money back anyway I would say.. Hopefully PCT will be grand for ya

Yeah definitely.. Ya wont get the money back anyway I would say.. Hopefully PCT will be grand for ya

Hopefully, did okay on that open day anyway, but i was alot fitter then 😋

• Advertisement

Hopefully, did okay on that open day anyway, but i was alot fitter then 😋

Youve 2 weeks.. Lash back into the fitness for that two weeks and give it everything and youll be grand :)

Youve 2 weeks.. Lash back into the fitness for that two weeks and give it everything and youll be grand :)

I'm working 7am to 8pm 7 days a week testing barley for the harvest, dont know what ill do.

I'm working 7am to 8pm 7 days a week testing barley for the harvest, dont know what ill do.

Take a few seconds and do some press ups and sit ups while youre doing it ha Ah I am sure will be grand.. I havent done much work on the beep test but am getting 8.7 so I am happy.. Just need to work on push up form I think

Take a few seconds and do some press ups and sit ups while youre doing it ha Ah I am sure will be grand.. I havent done much work on the beep test but am getting 8.7 so I am happy.. Just need to work on push up form I think

Yeah I actually might say it to someone working in the gym about my technique for them

What ye all wearing tomorrow?

• Advertisement

What ye all wearing tomorrow?

Ah I just have a tracksuit ready.. We are there to do exercise after all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭tfitzgerald

How far along are you?[/

Can you post some info on the laser. What exactly you got done. Where .Ghost much it costs and are you Happy with it Pm me if you need .Pleae

Let us know how yee get on at the open day. Unfortunately can't make it

Hope everyone enjoys today raging I'm not going down, please post anything that's helpful/relevant that ye hear or see thanks guys

Anything useful or relevant has been posted on this before! Nothin will change! The physical isin tough or scary! The beep test is easy too! Mistakes were from people not hydrating enough the night before! And do some exercise before. So go jog and do some push ups and sits ups! That's how you pass! It's that simple!

Anything useful or relevant has been posted on this before! Nothin will change! The physical isin tough or scary! The beep test is easy too! Mistakes were from people not hydrating enough the night before! And do some exercise before. So go jog and do some push ups and sits ups! That's how you pass! It's that simple!

The beep test is what is concerning me as well as the push pull test because off my height. Just be good to hear some more opinions on the physical !

Not as easy as it looks but nothing to worry over with some practice

Yeah I feel the same.. Do a bit of preparation and should be fine.. Also don't rush the obstacle course.. You'll most likely get it done in 3 minutes if you go at a good pace and don't make any mistakes .. Also push ups don't seem to be chest to ground.. They just don't want you to be slumped or arched

Yeah the obstacle course is basically a "don't rush" scenario, if you push it really hard you will prob get it done on 2:30. Avg when I was there was 2:40! That's s whole 40 or whatever extra seconds to fall over tie your lace and give your self a pep talk!!! Press ups, they just want a press up!!! I did mine in sets of 5! Bang out 5 then rest, adjust, bang another set out!

Really ? Is it true the first 2 stages of beep test should be at walking pace ?

• Advertisement
Advertisement