Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Garda Recruitment - Stage 5

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭WillFerrell93

Muggle24 wrote: »
    Really ? Is it true the first 2 stages of beep test should be at walking pace ?

Level 1 would be.. But I wouldn't walk just do quite a slow jog. Have you not practiced it yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Corkrunner35

Level 1 would be.. But I wouldn't walk just do quite a slow jog. Have you not practiced it yet?

I agree everyone should be completing the beep test by now as knowing you can acieve your grade comfortably, it's the 20m version so you can download an app easily and practice! To get used to turns and timings!

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Muggle24

I agree everyone should be completing the beep test by now as knowing you can acieve your grade comfortably, it's the 20m version so you can download an app easily and practice! To get used to turns and timings!

Yes been practising loads but knew it defo wasn't walking pace. Had just been reading online some places saying you should be walking for first 2 levels

Yes been practising loads but knew it defo wasn't walking pace. Had just been reading online some places saying you should be walking for first 2 levels

If you do any bit of running, it should be easy enough.
    Have u gotten a date for your PCT?

I was doing beep test, push ups and sit ups as per test twice a week last few weeks and been doing some interval training with sets of each push ups and sit ups to make sure on the day it will be fine and leave nothing to chance!

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Muggle24

If you do any bit of running, it should be easy enough. Have u gotten a date for your PCT?

No date yet. Jogging everyday and practising the situps and push ups evry other day. Can't wait for this part to be done with :)

No date yet. Jogging everyday and practising the situps and push ups evry other day. Can't wait for this part to be done with :)

Good stuff should be no bother

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭ExtaticFob

silly question here guys but just wondering whats the suggested attire for the medical?

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Ciaran20041329

ExtaticFob wrote: »
    silly question here guys but just wondering whats the suggested attire for the medical?

Training gear. Shorts tshirt etc, its only really for the PCT re what you should expect with each test.

Training gear. Shorts tshirt etc, its only really for the PCT re what you should expect with each test.

I wouldnt have said shorts for the medical.. Would have said casual jeans and polo or something.. Shorts and Tshirt for PCT definitely but not medical

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭Lc201395

How does the medical work? Do you just go to the main entrance of the headquarters or what?

I assume they know people will be arriving for medicals etc

Lc201395 wrote: »
    How does the medical work? Do you just go to the main entrance of the headquarters or what?

I assume they know people will be arriving for medicals etc

Yeah you do.. And then you walk around to the medical building around the book and start your forms

I wouldnt have said shorts for the medical.. Would have said casual jeans and polo or something.. Shorts and Tshirt for PCT definitely but not medical

Jesus sorry man.
    Shocking advice there, must have only half read that!!

Jesus sorry man.
    Shocking advice there, must have only half read that!!

Trying to get everybody else to fail ;-) haha only buzzing! Did beep tonight again and got my 8.8.. Pretty sure the one I am doing has more laps as well so chuffed

• Registered Users Posts: 48 cilldara podge

Anybody remember the name of the exact beep test we are doing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Dublingirl88

Anybody remember the name of the exact beep test we are doing?

Loughborough test

• Advertisement

Trying to get everybody else to fail ;-) haha only buzzing! Did beep tonight again and got my 8.8.. Pretty sure the one I am doing has more laps as well so chuffed

Haha ill have everyone sauntering upto Phoenix park on tshirt and shorts. The whole group looking like they've just got off a ryanair flight from malta haha.
    Thats decent man. Keep up the good work!!!
    One week left for the medical. Its mad how close we are now ha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭tfitzgerald

Best of luck to everyone who is doing the medical tomorrow/this week .Si hope ye all do well

Haha ill have everyone sauntering upto Phoenix park on tshirt and shorts. The whole group looking like they've just got off a ryanair flight from malta haha.
    Thats decent man. Keep up the good work!!!
    One week left for the medical. Its mad how close we are now ha

All FAILING!! haha Yeah happy out reaching my level so grand :) I know tomorrow week will hopefully be another step closer

All FAILING!! haha Yeah happy out reaching my level so grand :) I know tomorrow week will hopefully be another step closer

I have an eye test tomorrow
    Dentist Thursday
    And bloods to be taken Friday.
    I feel like an alien with all these tests being done on me ha.
    It'll be worth it though! !

Dentist Thursday

Haha Yeah I got Eye and Ears done and all okay. Went dentist and got a couple fillings need a couple more but cant see myself failing on that.. BMI is in check so hoping that all will be fine :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Blueandwhite15

Dentist Thursday

There's no bloods done lad so no need. Urine eyes and ears. BMI too. They're the ones to check

There's no bloods done lad so no need. Urine eyes and ears. BMI too. They're the ones to check

Yeah was thinking that myself.. No harm in getting it checked anyway I suppose.. Hope the day goes quick and we find out straight away

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭ExtaticFob

any idea how strict they are with the BMI? Im generally a bit over due to my body shape anyway. Haven't had any problems before with similar tests but just wondering all the same.

I'm nor sure from the info I've got reading the previous threads they're very strict on BMI.

ExtaticFob wrote: »
    any idea how strict they are with the BMI? Im generally a bit over due to my body shape anyway. Haven't had any problems before with similar tests but just wondering all the same.

Yeah they sound pretty strict on it alrite.. You need to be under 30 I think

Yeah they sound pretty strict on it alrite.. You need to be under 30 I think

Thank god they said on Saturday alot of people will be looking at the October intake. They said they've no exact date yet

Thank god they said on Saturday alot of people will be looking at the October intake. They said they've no exact date yet

Did they say October? I just heard before Christmas haha

Did they say October? I just heard before Christmas haha

When we were brought in to do the puse up and sit ups they asked when we're most medicals and had people met Sgt ect... A few said dates and they said most of ye who have early enough medicals are looking at October .

When we were brought in to do the push up and sit ups they asked when we're most medicals and had people met Sgt ect... A few said dates and they said most of ye who have early enough medicals are looking at October .

When we were brought in to do the push up and sit ups they asked when we're most medicals and had people met Sgt ect... A few said dates and they said most of ye who have early enough medicals are looking at October .

And is early September classified as early medicals? ha That would be great

• Advertisement

The guys said the same to us at my open day about the July date and because of vetting I'm still waiting so I'd recommend taking what they said with a pinch of salt, nothing worse then setting your hopes on a date and being disappointed!

The guys said the same to us at my open day about the July date and because of vetting I'm still waiting so I'd recommend taking what they said with a pinch of salt, nothing worse then setting your hopes on a date and being disappointed!

I know where you're coming from but I'm just saying for the majority not all

I know where you're coming from but I'm just saying for the majority not all

Ah yea and sure I think there are plans for a December/January intake anyway so even if people miss out on October it's not too long a wait until the next intake at least! I'd love to know what date in October they are thinking about though to be prepared if my vetting does come through in time!

Ah yea and sure I think there are plans for a December/January intake anyway so even if people miss out on October it's not too long a wait until the next intake at least! I'd love to know what date in October they are thinking about though to be prepared if my vetting does come through in time!

The 3 instructors said to us that the date for both hadn't been finalised. But the December one would be before Xmas . I'm waiting on my Supt ti call I was told to expect it this week

The 3 instructors said to us that the date for both hadn't been finalised. But the December one would be before Xmas . I'm waiting on my Supt ti call I was told to expect it this week

Sure I ended up meeting with an inspector instead as the super was too busy! Then again this was around the time of the England match back in June when every guard in Dublin was working overtime!

Sure I ended up meeting with an inspector instead as the super was too busy! Then again this was around the time of the England match back in June when every guard in Dublin was working overtime!

My Supt was away but I was told he'd make time for me. There was an inspectors doing his duties though who knows. I guess I'll find out this week

My Supt was away but I was told he'd make time for me. There was an inspectors doing his duties though who knows. I guess I'll find out this week

I am still waiting for any sort of call from my station.. Killing me now I wanna have it done before the physical at the very least.. Theres not even anything I can really do other than wait is there ha

Ive other stuff I need to show is under control though so bloods are necessary. Jumping through some hoops :P

Ive other stuff I need to show is under control though so bloods are necessary. Jumping through some hoops :P

Have you met the local Sgt Ciaran?

• Advertisement

Fair enough ☺ best of luck hope to see you in templemore

Have you met the local Sgt Ciaran?

I moved into naas 6 months ago and the sergeant called me from naas garda station. I havent been living under his district for long enough so wasn't actually able to meet him. Now ive to wait for a call from the sergeant in my homeplace to call.
    That was 2 weeks ago now

Fair enough ☺ best of luck hope to see you in templemore

You surely will buddy!!

I moved into naas 6 months ago and the sergeant called me from naas garda station. I havent been living under his district for long enough so wasn't actually able to meet him. Now ive to wait for a call from the sergeant in my homeplace to call.
    That was 2 weeks ago now

And when did you do medical? Its killing me waiting on this call ha

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭milo101

I've met my local sgt and super, medical next week! This beep test is killing me though! 😢

milo101 wrote: »
    I've met my local sgt and super, medical next week! This beep test is killing me though! 😢

Are you in Dublin?

• Advertisement

Are you in Dublin?

No Limerick

No Limerick

Ah I see.. What level you need for beep? Have you been practicing yeah?

Ah I see.. What level you need for beep? Have you been practicing yeah?[/quote

7.6, yeah practicing away at it but finding it very tough , I'll keep practicing hopefully I'll get up to speed on time!

Ah I see.. What level you need for beep? Have you been practicing yeah?[/quote

7.6, yeah practicing away at it but finding it very tough , I'll keep practicing hopefully I'll get up to speed on time!

Keep trying interval training! Jog sprint jog sprint. Think for level 8 is less than 10 min running! It's about 1.3km so keep practicing 3-4 times a week with a good stretch and you should be good in a week or two no prob to pass!

Keep trying interval training! Jog sprint jog sprint. Think for level 8 is less than 10 min running! It's about 1.3km so keep practicing 3-4 times a week with a good stretch and you should be good in a week or two no prob to pass!

That's what I'll do! Thanks!! Hopefully we will all be down soon!

• Advertisement
Advertisement